1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick: Klay is the best 2 way guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmactoyao, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Best 2 way guard?

I have CP3 and Westbrook as better 2 way guards.
    Heck Butler is a pretty decent player as well.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Exactly. I know magic isn't this stewpid.

Or is he:confused:

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Harden's 2-way guard means he plays both SG and PG. Who needs D? j/k

He plays D when he needs to.

4. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Hahahaha that seriously made my day. It's amazing what the media slips in the punch these days.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I wonder what Thompson would average if he didn't have his sidekick Curry facilitating for him.
    Thompson doesn't really create for himself or anyone else , he thrives off of Curry.

As to the MVP debate - I cant put Curry ahead of Harden. Harden is the offense & the offensive facilitator while Curry has good offensive players around him and doesn't have to carry the scoring load.
    Curry has a good offensive system to work within .... Harden doesn't , Les threw away $13m for a coach when he could have picked up a guy at Fonde Rec center with the same system for pennies on the dollar.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

He plays D when he likes to.

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

This whole discussion makes no sense. Everyone has to play both ends, whether they want to or not. The best guard and the best 2 way guard are the same thing.

8. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I think Harden's elite offensive skills and renewed effort on defense this year makes him better than Klay overall. But Amick is just milking our obsession with player rankings.

I'd much rather have the best 2 way team than best 2 way player.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Silly comparison. Klay is a fantastic shooter, poor rebounder, disciplined defender and a competent passer and that is about it. Definitely a second scorer for a good team with the right system but there is nothing in his game that looks like he could make the leap to be on Harden's level as the first option on a good team much less be a top five player in this league.

10. J Hard

J Hard Member

Who cares about your 'sauces' amick, Harden is the best OVERALL 2 guard in the NBA. Get over.

These biased, moronic media members and talking heads alike try to invent every wrinkle possible to detract from Hardens greatness.

Harden is the best, they're obviously uncomfortable with it and it's funny how invalid it makes their opinions.

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

What defensive stat does Klay even beat Harden on this year? DWS? Def eff? DRating? Defensive Rebounds? Steals? Blocks? Def +/-?

Last I checked (few days ago), Klay beat Harden in none of those metrics...so wth?

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

lets just face it, people will go GAGA over the GSW because of the record and then Klay having a career night. This same thing happened last year with Paul George and the Pacers, it was non stop talk about how amazing Paul George was and how the Pacers are the favorites to represent the East. If the Rockets were 34 - 6 Harden would get the same treatment. It's all about your current record and then how far you go in the playoffs. The book has not been written for this season, if the GSW flame out in the first round, all this Curry MVP and Klay Thompson best 2 guard will be forgotten just like the Pacers got forgotten last year when they melted down. It's up to the Rockets to live up to their potential and get at least to a Western Conference Finals. A lot of it is on Harden, he's the best player on the team and needs to step it up in the Play Offs. If he doesn't and has 3 straight failed playoff appearences, than all these critics are right and the GSW do deserve all the hype over the Rockets.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

unfollows Sam Amick

14. lalala902102001

Klay is a better defender than Harden. I don't have any problem with that statement. Harden is the better player overall.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ruh roh...

Morey didn't give Amick a story and now he's retaliating!

Very Woj like...

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

GSW is no doubt a much better 2 way team than the Rockets, no matter what stats you want to look at.

So its not a surprise people will view him as a better 2 way player than Harden.

17. Remii

Remii Member

I think Jimmy Boy Butler is the best 2-way player at this point... But Harden is the best Combo-Guard period and a top 5 NBA player overall...

I like Klay... But he's on a really good team and the defense can't concentrate on him so he doesn't have to work as hard on offense.