1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN sources say Nets have made D-Will, Brook Lopez & Joe Johnson available via trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Dec 9, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Maybe this will help explain why I feel a package of Ariza, Kostas, Shved, and a youngster or two is decent trade value for Joe Johnson.

2. delishman

delishman Member

What's JJ's defense like these days?

3. delishman

delishman Member

Inb4Swattjoke

4. CertifiedTroll

I would rather have Ariza than Johnson. Ariza is inefficient as all else, but 12.4 points on 11.4 shots and excellent defense >>>> Johnsons 15.5 on 14 shots, age, and injuries.

Plus that contract is ridiculous. I honestly feel contracts aside I would prefer Ariza than Johnson at this points in their career.

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Hornets giving up too much

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why would Charlotte do this? MJ is terrible as an owner.

7. basketballholic

Understand where you're coming from.

I just think JJ is having to carry the ball there. He's the #1 offensive option. Every look he gets is contested. Here...he'd be #3 option. Would get WIDE OPEN looks. And he's still got the ability to can those wide open long balls big time in my opinion. And at his age I think he'd be a perfect fit at the stretch-4 for a season or two as we play small or he could bump down to 3 in our double big lineup.

8. hakeemthagreat

Johnson for Ariza, NO. I definitely do it for Brewer & Terry though

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Nuggets want Lopez, I wonder if the Rockets could get involved in a 3 way where the principals would be Lawson comes to Houston, Lopez to Denver and Houston assets back to Nets (who are in dire need of future assets).

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Joe Dumars?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing Detroit has reached out to Nets to inquire about Joe Johnson according to league sources.</p>&mdash; Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) <a href="https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/567786798630567937">February 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. hakeemthagreat

At first I thought, hell no. But Joe Johnson is too good to pass up. He can score, create his shot, and he's a good spot up shooter.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ever heard of the salary cap?

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It wouldn't be the worst move for them.

None of Henderson, Stephenson or Williams are doing much. Joe Johnson is a better player than any of them, and those 3 guys are all making just about the same amount of money as Johnson.
    Opens up 2 roster spots to take flyers on next season [or bring in someone else at the deadline], and solves the major issue with the Hornets team in the short term [having a big scoring wing who can create his own shot].

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

we just got Corey Brewer and you want to get rid of him already?

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

nah because Durant is coming here next year

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Detroit's interest in Joe Johnson included reaching out to Nets about a package of Brandon Jennings + expiring contracts for Joe per sources</p>&mdash; Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) <a href="https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/567808837991034880">February 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is obviously one of those deadline BS reports designed to generate some buzz for his/her account. There's no reason in the world Detroit would make that deal, it doesn't make them contenders or rebuilders. Keeps them where they are for two years instead of one, and for way more money.

18. Mr.ZeroFeet

Mr.ZeroFeet Member

Joe Johnson on the rockets would be nice....
    C-Howard/Smith/Dorsey
    F-DMo/PaP
    F-Johnson/Ariza
    G-Harden/Brewer
    G-Beverly/Terry/Nick
    We would obviously have to give up expiring contracts which Brooklyn so dearly wants and needs also throw in Jones.
    NO pick, Jones, Shved, Canaan would be ideal

19. hakeemthagreat

Talent wise, Joe Johnson is a overall better and more efficient player than Brewer. I like Brewer alot. But me liking him doesn't change the fact Johnson's a better fit.

Just a though, Idk the contract situation

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Story going online now: ESPN sources say Nets and Grizzlies recently discussed a Joe Johnson-to-Memphis trade</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/615522474558525440">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources say teams could not find workable trade framework, but Nets came away encouraged they'll ultimately find trade taker for J-Johnson</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/615522895897300992">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>