1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Switching from PC to Mac

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Jun 9, 2015.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Keep telling yourself that and I'll keep running my Mac with no anti virus and no virus. I've been doing it for 2 years with no issues. I had PCs for years prior to the Mac and could never run it for long with out some kind of Malware or virus.

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I like Mac for one thing: Terminal.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I would run an Anti-Virus if I was you. Download Avast! for Mac. It is has active protection without being annoying. Works great for web surfing. You do get a notification when it blocks an infection from a website.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Since you have to enter your password to install almost anything for a MAC, you do have to do something stupid to get a virus. However, there are a few things that have bypass that protection.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Hey, words of reason from a Mac owner! Go figure. It is freaking free and takes all of two minutes to install for Pete's sake.

They have the same security on Windows with UAC (User Account Control). However, exploit coders can find ways around those without much work. Just really depends on the exploit type.

Long story short, if you ever think you're completely safe - you're wrong. Might as well put as many roadblocks as you can for the bad guys, especially if they are free and easy to do.