1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

But then I'd have to give up 200mbps download speed. :(
    Maybe I should just get league pass instead...

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's going to be about the time when everyone with Comcast magically gets their speeds magically upgraded at no charge. Just like Time Warner Cable.
    People don't have to switch. We just need some more damn competition to force all these ISPs to actually keep upgrading their service and infrastructure...

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

How often are you guys talking to customer service? I've had some sort of comcast service for the last 10 years and can barely remember talking to them. Same thing with directv for the last 3 years. I called when I moved and then I called them to cancel, that was it.

I really don't feel there's much difference between any of them. I care about price only.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Does this mean us out-of-towners may go back to getting at least a decent amount of games on a FSN-like sports network harking back to the good old days if we have DirecTV or ATT? I definitely won't be renewing NBA League Pass if so. I can live with whatever games they will air even if not all of them.

I think I'm going to cancel NBA League Pass given this and see how this works out. League Pass is too expensive if you only watch one team out of all of them.

5. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Consider yourself blessed and lucky then BigM. Take it from all of us that have experience with multiple providers, comcast customer service is atrocious.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

People should switch to AT&T if that option becomes available to them once Gigapower rolls out. Fiber is much more reliable than cable, at least from my experience. I'm back with Comcast now, but I'd switch in a heartbeat to AT&T once they roll out those gigabit speeds. IMO, U-Verse TV is also much better in terms of quality than Comcast for HD.

7. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

The purpose of chastising is to open eyes to other options other than individuals moving to Comcast because they are the sole provider of the regional sports network. At times, the only weapon a consumer has is to not purchase a service based on the providers ill behavior. By the way, the regional sports network is not solely the fault of the channel, Comcast deserves their share of criticism on how they handled this.

As a person who has cut the cord from all TV providers. I'm certain that the TV industry would evolve to the consumers benefit if Comcast/ATT were simple data providers. That way ESPN, HBO, etc would be forced to offer a la cart services instead of overpriced packages. The cable industry is leveraging stations like ESPN and regional Comcast to suck in users that i'm chastising. So again, it makes sense for me to chastise somebody who is holding society down, in my opinion. There are channels that are on board to the future and they offer programs through Netflix and other avenues

I realize you may work for Comcast so it may not be in the best interest of your bonus. I can relate, I work for energy company and every time there is a heat wave or a polar vortex, I laugh my ass all the way to the bank.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Hahahah..uh what? I'm talking about their T.V. service. You know, you can have Data without the crappy T.V. You are right, their data service is delicious. I just don't like getting ripped off and I see what people pay and it makes me sad.

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

10. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

This is funny to me ONLY because the idiot stayed on hold for that long.

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I just want the channel on Suddenlink. They can keep the SEC Network, the Food Network, all the MTVs, all the news channels. Just give me Rockets games, you assholes.

12. jedicro

jedicro Member

Can confirm. They are completely incompetent.

13. sergio

sergio Member

TTT. So I guess is it safe to cancel my legue pass since I have DTV?

14. bmd

bmd Member

Not so fast, my friend.

This isn't settled yet.

15. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I like you and you're a good poster but this is the stupidest thing you've ever said.

Uverse HD quality is the worst picture quality of all providers. This isn't an opinion. This is fact! Even for FTTH customers, the bitrate is still around 6mbps when Comcast, DirecTV, and FIOS are at 10+MBPS

Your eyes must be deceiving you bro. That or something was wrong with the Comcast picture when you compared it.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,26414794

There is other stuff you can find on the internet to support my claim that Uverse HD is just hands down garbage. If you have a newer high end TV, you're not using it to it's fullest potential (at least for cable)

#156 Scionxa, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You can keep your TWC 200mbps for internet only and just use DirecTV. For the longest I was a DirecTV subscriber and Comcast subscribers for internet only.

I'm currently OTA, with Comcast. Had Uverse for a week and cancelled that garbage.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People love to hate but sad thing is Comcast's Internet and TV picture quality are by far better than U-verse.

18. houactuar

houactuar Member

Your blaming the wrong company. AT&T made this painful for two years. They paid carriage fees in other markets, THEY chose to make a stand in Houston and make Houston fans pay. And if more of YOU would have demanded they carry the games or move to comcast they would have caved. So look in the mirror, apathetic fans who didnt care about Rockets and Astros are to blame.

Also MLB fro moving the Astros to the american league as a condition for Crane to buy team. Drayton McLane, MLB, AT&T are more to blame than comcast. Sure comcast invested in the channel with the expectation that AT&T would pay to carry. AT&T refused to pay, and not enough viewers cared.

19. Gip_txag

Gip_txag Member

Not sure how many times something like this has been posted but I thought I'd share my success story. I called in and complained to a Directv rep about not having access to my hometown teams and being devastated and furious. She replied there's nothing that they can do basically. I then asked to have my service terminated because I'm switching to Comcast. With an "attitude" she said ok. Moments later I'm explaining this again to a different person who long story short, offered me Sunday Ticket free for a year, NBA League pass for a year, MLB Extra Innings for a year, HBO&Showtime for a year, and $15 bucks off of my bill each month for the next year.

While it didn't solve the root problem it sure is a damn good way to keep me on board until this CSN situation plays out. Bravo Directv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.