1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nice things about the Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Dear Dallas fans,

I'm sorry you guys are down 2-0. And you've had some bad luck with injuries and flakeouts. We've been there. It can be infuriating, especially when the other team's fans rub it in.

So this is a thread where we're not going to pile on. We're just going to say what we like about the Mavs, and express our sympathies.

First off: I'm really sorry about Rondo. For all I know, if you guys hadn't made the deal for him, we would have. And we'd now be the ones cringing at his 8-second count and wishing him good riddance. We had a similar problem once with Vernon Maxwell. It sucks.

Second: I love J.J. Barea. Dude plays hard and smart every second he's on the court. He's trying to ignite the whole team. You should play him more. (But please stop pretending he's 6 feet tall. If he's 6, I'm 7.)

Third: I feel terrible for Tyson Chandler. On almost every possession, the Rockets are trying to get into the paint for an alley-oop or dunk. In Game 1, Chandler stood there between Dirk and Parsons. They might as well not have been there. Whichever way Chandler went, the ball went the other way, followed by a jam. Jefferson and Aminu tried to help in game 2, but the jamfest hasn't stopped. Amare, same story. Too slow.

Look, this isn't Chandler's fault. It's Cuban's. He spent $45 million to take Parsons from us. Parsons is good, but he'll never be worth that. You didn't need a 3-point shooter who defends poorly. Didn't you watch our series with the Blazers? Scoring 2 at one end doesn't win the game when you turn around and give up 3 at the other.

I know Cuban likes to belittle Morey. But, please, learn what Morey learned last year. All O and no D makes a very short postseason. Go out and get some interior help. Dirk has "blow by me" written all over his forehead. Parsons has no interest in defending the basket. And Chandler can't play 1 on 3.

I don't mean to be unkind to Parsons. He was underpaid here, and he wants to live up to his new contract. Maybe that's why he fudged about the injury. I hope he heals up and has a great season next year. But you have to surround him with better defenders. He's never going to be that guy.

On the bright side, you now have 2 games in your building. That's 96 minutes of whistles being blown every time somebody backs into Howard, and not being blown when Harden is hacked on his way to the basket. Enjoy it.

7 people like this.
  2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Classy! Repped.

Lets just beat these guys and move on to the next round WE DESERVE IT.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Aminu is a baller. I'm glad he finally figured out his role in the NBA and is playing meaningful basketball. He can certainly be the starting 3 on a squad featuring stars at other positions. I'd love to have him take the reins from Ariza.

4. Ismail

Ismail Member

You have one of the best coaches in all of basketball... who, despite rubbing some people the wrong way, is admired by most fans of basketball. The way he has reinvigorated Aminu is amazing. On the subject of Aminu, there's a guy I would love on our team... seems like his energy is relentless.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thank You Will.

Screw Dallas! :)

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Will most Rockets fans hate Chandler Parsons I still have a soft spot for him. Was one of my favorite players when he was a Rocket and I would gladly accept him after his contract in Dallas is up.

1 person likes this.
  7. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Dallas spelled backwards is sallad. And I like salad.

4 people like this.
  8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I hate Barea. Yes, he can ball, but why do you need to flop every other play?

9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

My roommates a Dallas fan. It's not even fun to talk trash to him anymore. It's almost kind of sad how quick they fell apart. I wish we could have played like we did in game 2 just with rondo and parsons actually competing

10. dragician

dragician Member

and lastly, I feel sorry for Mark. He's a class act. He's the best owner.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dallas has a Top Pot Donut shop, which are hands down the best donuts I've ever had (in Seattle). So, they have that going for them....which is nice.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

thank you Dallas Mavericks

13. tdo

tdo Member

Good thread. There have been a ton of Houston "fans" trolling Dallas' fan forums, and it makes the Rockets fan base as a whole look bad.

14. RCPM

RCPM Member

Thank you for captinjackas and his youtube vids.

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I respect Cuban. Doesn't just take bull**** from the league and isn't scared to say it because he's half right the time.

I appreciate how he pubicaly talks trash. It's helps get fans fired up. Like the raptors GM for saying "I don't give a ****" on the stage outside the stadium. He did that for raptors fans. He basically said "aye I'm ride or die for this team", but silver gives him a fine.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Nice thread.

The Mavericks are in a tough spot with all the injuries piling up. We've been there, and its not fun. That said, the Mavs still have some players that can cause us fits. Barea always seems to play his best against us. Dirk will bounce back from an awful game 2. Aminu was outstanding.

And I'm sure Carlisle is getting hammered by the home town fans, but if anyone can come back with the right game-to-game adjustments, its him. With Rondo out of the picture, I think he'll get the rest of the guys who actually want to compete to play at their peak.

17. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Mark Cuban is honestly one of the best owners in all of sports. He gets a bad rep but all he wants to do is win and you can't ask for much more from an owner. Yeah, some of his most recent moves blew up in his face and he gave the Rockets more than enough bulletin board information but he'll learns from those mistakes (eventually). I'd much rather have him as an owner than a lot of other owners across sports.

Plus we have the same first name and I like Shark Tank lol.

18. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I don't hate the Mavs. Hell, I was glad for them when they beat MIA for the Championship. Lord knows we have been through what they are going through now. They will be back on their feet again. As far as this series goes....it is not over. Not all Rockets fans are trolls and a$$holes. I am sure the same can be said for Mavs fans.

19. Gertso

Gertso Member

Dallas has pretty buildings.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Shark Tank is the best show on network TV and Mark Cuban is on it.