1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 years old, willing to handicap myself financially to own a Tesla Model S.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Nov 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't worry, he wears corrective lenses.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Aaaaand what number of years would that be? Did you buy a share when you were 18?

I'm all for a good fish tale, but you gotta at least try to set things up. You started a thread announcing how you are willing to financially handicap yourself and say you are a huge Elon Musk fan, but then seem to know very little about Teslas. Like 10 min later in the thread you are asking for info on the Model 3. Then you go on to say you have owned Tesla stock for years and never answered any serious questions from anyone.

Anyhow, you still never said what you were looking at. Were you looking at the Model S P60? What year? How many miles? Do you have a place to charge it? Park? Are you going on your dad's insurance? You can get a used P60 for around 60k. If you got like a 72 month loan and put down all your money that's somewhere around $725/month. If you are making $20/hr and working full time then that's a doable payment. Sure it's not the smartest thing in the world, but starting this thread wasn't the smartest thing in the world either. Go do it.

Good luck!

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

His terrible vision has made him one of the riches men in the world so...:confused:

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Dude you're only 20... think with your brain and not with your emotion.

You have 2 options:
    1) Make more money - easiest obstacle to overcome
    2) Save until you can pay cash for it - want it faster than your current rate of savings? See #1.

You may be willing to "handicap" yourself now, but trust me, you would regret that decision for the rest of your life.

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

You'd really want a base model Tesla? If you love it so much to be broke, seems like you'd want some of the options available. It is no longer a 75K car at that point.

You wanna lived strapped and worry about eating day to day, that's your choice. Just give us the first chance to buy the car once you get tired of having basically no financial freedom at all.

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You could be like this kid if you really wanted a Tesla.

http://ktla.com/2015/11/20/teen-sells-rides-in-his-tesla/

Cliff Notes:

16 Year Old wants a Tesla. Dad says find a way to pay for some of it. Starts a company called Tesloop driving people from LA to Vegas for a fee. Charges it free mid way at the main station.

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm waiting for the Model 3 in a year or two.

I should be able to pay up front if I save my cash.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

A car is just about the last thing I would blow money on. I avoid driving at all costs, absolutely hate it. To me you are just throwing away money

9. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

This is going to be one of those things that you look back on when you are 47 and say "WTF was I doing, I was such an idiot."

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

How do you get around? Assuming you live in Houston where mass transportation sucks.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

There is no way you live in Houston and can say that lol.