1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Seriously, What Incriminating Photos of Daryl Morey does Patrick Beverly Possess???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Nov 30, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lin fans are showing up and with a lot of venom to go with it in the GARM these days

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Here are my three things that bug me the most:

1) Daryl Morey's undeserved coronation as smartest GM in the world

2) Poor Point Guard play

3) Soft players

This team has had these problems for years now. and honestly problems 2 and 3 can be traced back to the resident Wizard of Stats. Do I use hyperbole? yes. Do I vent often? Yes. That's me, I own that. When this team's braintrust turns off the Excel spreadsheets and starts watching tape or stops blowing up their draft for that elusive stretch 4, then maybe I'll calm down. When the eggheads stop treating the PG position like it's a disposable razor, and actually get someone in here who can run an offense, then maybe I'll stop venting. I dont think thats happening anytime soon.

3. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Why so much anger, my fellow clutchfan.. Beverley isn't the only reason we are losing and you know it.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Beverly is just a glorified scrub, but many on here fell in love with him because he's "scrappy" and "hustles."

5. SemisolidSnake

The consistent problem with the Rockets and fans is that a player shows up, plays hard, legitimately does make an impact on the team when they're first there, and everyone says to themselves:

"Awesome. Well, this will certainly keep up, and all he has to do is improve in these other areas, and we've got ourselves a beast."

Brewer's the same. He had a number of impressive, energetic performances last year, very similar to Beverley's first year with us.

The problem is that the coaching sucks, these guys are lazy, and they're allowed to be lazy by the sucky coaching. They not only regress in the skill that brought them attention (and their new contracts), but they never learn the missing skills that they need to take their game to the next level.

Could Patrick Beveley not find a personal coach to teach him how to be a legitimate facilitator, even with Harden on the team. His role is "point guard," but he seems to have accepted that that's just a name. Brewer runs. He could work on his shooting, defense, whatever. Nothing.

Howard is allowed, and allows himself, to consistently be an Achilles heel for this team when it comes to free throws.

Everyone sees a momentary flash, and assumes it will only naturally grow brighter with time. Very few people in the world are like that, and when they're already millionaires in their 20s just from playing a sport, it seems like they're even less like that. Everyone (fans and team management, alike) is SO desperate for a good player that they get blinded by a few good games instead of saying, "Well, that was great. But we need to see that level of play every game and also improvement in these other areas if we're to seriously believe in this person for the long haul."