1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Night Of

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 2, 2016.

1. jae713

jae713 Member

Same thing I was thinking. The knife he was caught might not be the murder weapon.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Inhaler as admissible evidence was broken the moment Box did not use chain of custody protocols. That can't be a trap, as they made a big deal about Box staying within the rules. I took that as just a way for Box to win over confidence in a last attempt by Box to get the confession the asst DA wanted

More importantly: They have his semen, right? So, inhaler wouldn't be much added info, otherwise Box would have bagged it. Instead, he used it as a "good cop" gesture to get Naz to talk more.

#82 heypartner, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  3. heypartner

I thought it was very obvious the knife isn't the murder weapon. However, looks like it came from a set of knives. So, they might be identical nontheless.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well the blood on the knife is the victim's because he accidentally stabbed her in the hand during their little "game". As far as the police are concerned, that's all the evidence they need to charge him. I wonder about the ME really being able to distinguish between the cuts made by various knives. I can see the ME being able to do so if the blades on the two knives are very dissimilar - serrated edge vs. smooth - but what if the blades on said knives are similar? That stuff probably only happens on CSI TV shows.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We don't know how long he was sleep.
    So If the time of death is 12am . . and he woke up at 2am
    2 hours is plenty of time to clean up.

Esp since we know he was naked with her. . . would easily explain why he had no blood on him.

The unraveling of this mess to get him free will be a MONSTEROUS effort to make it beleivable. As of now. He is soooooo F***ed
    It is not even funny. The hesitation by the cops is kind of a stretch to me.
    But I'm enjoying the ride. . .see where it goes.

Rocket River

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Curious to see if anyone thinks Naz is guilty in any way... Anyone?

7. heypartner

I'm not CSI, but I'm an expert at watching the show "CSI". :) My understanding is you can possibly wash yourself clean, but you can't get the drains clean. They will find trace evidence of blood in the sink and shower, hair samples, plus there would be wet towels.

An unknown murderer wouldn't need to clean-up, because he didn't get caught minutes after leaving the scene. Only Naz would have to clean up. Signs of cleaning-up likely wouldn't implicate Naz any more than the other evidence, but lack of a clean-up would make Box wonder about why Naz was so clean.

Where I'm going with this is simply saying, what happens if Box has reasonable doubt, not a jury. If Box has reasonable doubt, does he continue to investigate the case.

#87 heypartner, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finally caught up on this, looking forward to seeing how the plot unfolds. I don't think we have enough information to speculate about possible alternative suspects; Bodie's friend feels like a red herring and we know next to nothing about the victim. Her stepfather seemed shady in some way.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

1st episode was interesting

last 2 have sucked though, will give it one more episode before i give up on it

10. heypartner

The writer for Clockers delivers.

Omar's comin'

[​IMG]

Many say Clockers was the blueprint for The Wire. Richard Price wrote 5 episodes for The Wire, too.

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I wouldn't say the last two have sucked, but definitely hasn't gone where I expected it. I'm also am not seeing how the show has a 90% on metacritic...kind of baffled by that unless it really starts picking up.

#91 DCkid, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It is definitely not reaching True Detective Season 1 heights, but few do. I hope it picks up soon, but I'm still enjoying it.

13. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I love it. I think they are doing a fantastic job of showing how much it sucks to get arrested, and three episodes in we have absolutely no idea where the case is going. I'm hooked.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I've enjoyed it as well, think these last 2 episodes have been set up, we've been introduced to more characters. I expect things will pick up here pretty soon since there are only 8 episodes......

15. Chamillionaire

<IFRAME SRC="http://vodlocker.com/embed-t5fe9kk0w3g5-640x360.html" FRAMEBORDER=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=NO WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=360 allowfullscreen='true'></IFRAME>

16. 713

713 Member

What was the importance of the fire in the end?

17. heypartner

That was Nasir's bed, right?

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yep, he's a marked man because the other prisoners think he's a rapist and murder....

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm digging it. Its a drama not an Action/drama. The sense of dread you feel for Naz whom we assume is innocent is building. There's some great character development going on which is missing in too many shows now days. I'm going to just relax and enjoy the ride for what it is.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I'm skeptical being a rapist/murderer would bother them.