1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Halloween Costumes 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Oct 30, 2014.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i wanna dress up as James Harden for Halloween, what should I use to get my face black, I'm Asian so it should be easier than a white face

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Most of my friends and family do.
    The issue is . . . when black people dress as superman . .. wonder woman ..
    batman etc
    They more often than not don't put on white face
    Even when they dress as real characters they more or less are
    just the Black version of the character.
    Everyone gets it . . they know who you are but you don't have to put on the white face

Rocket River

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kill kill kill the white man. kill him until he is dead.

[​IMG]

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I'm currently in a wheel chair with a broken leg so I'm going as Greg Abbott. I'm somewhat concerned people will get offended but oh well.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Gun or no gun?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

"our culture is not a costume" oops -

Offended Mexican students confront Sorority after seeing a girl in a mariachi hat..only to find out that the sorority sister in question is Mexican and actually in a Mariachi band.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZFqUh38TODA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Catch me on <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_AM">@NFL_AM</a> as the man <a href="https://twitter.com/JJWatt">@JJWatt</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HappyHalloween?src=hash">#HappyHalloween</a> <a href="http://t.co/ZfR0KTriiI">pic.twitter.com/ZfR0KTriiI</a></p>&mdash; LaVar Leap Arrington (@LaVarArrington) <a href="https://twitter.com/LaVarArrington/status/528130861753831424">October 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just so it's clear I have lighter makeup not white face, cosmetic for the blood on my nose to show up better. It clearly isn't white makeup</p>&mdash; LaVar Leap Arrington (@LaVarArrington) <a href="https://twitter.com/LaVarArrington/status/528132352698900481">October 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Silly to even make a fun moment racial I explained it already enjoy the show</p>&mdash; LaVar Leap Arrington (@LaVarArrington) <a href="https://twitter.com/LaVarArrington/status/528140200300408832">October 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

^^wow, they removed that video fast - guess the group got embarrassed^^

link to the article on it..

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/195...r-complain-racist-costume-theres-one-problem/

In a video apparently filmed by MEChA, the group confronts a Delta Delta Delta sorority sister at her doorstep about her sisters wearing “racist” costumes including sombreros and mustaches.

A MEChA member holds a sign that reads “My culture is not a costume.”

One of the specific instances MEChA seems to be complaining about is a member of Delta Delta Delta dressed in a Mariachi outfit.

This is the confronted Delta sister’s reply:

Can you guys understand that one of our sisters is dressed up as a Mariachi artist because she does do Mariachi?
    And she was with some of her friends and it was a group costume and it was a celebration.
    The Delta Delta Delta sorority sister also points out that some of the other sisters dressed up were Latinas.

The confrontation raises an interesting debate regarding whether the sorority sisters’ costumes should genuinely be considered offensive. It also calls into question the usefulness and ethics of activist “gotcha” tactics that have become so common these days — storming someone’s front door and catching them off guard with a camera in hand. It seems like the instinct to humiliate is stronger than the instinct to get at truth.

Another question is whether — with the host of undeniably more serious problems facing the Latino community today — groups like MECha’s efforts are better spent fighting other, more serious battles.

Towards the end of the video a MEChA member tells the Delta sister they want her to know they will be around to keep Delta Delta Delta “accountable.” I’m sure MEChA’s members and other PC activists think they are doing a lot of good, but do groups like MEChA really need to be battling against people that react with the following when confronted?

We are very respectful of your culture because a lot of our sisters participate in cultural events…
    Sorority girls dressing up for Halloween with their Latina friends — is that the enemy?

Editor’s update: Oh by the way, the reason the sorority girl was dressed up as a mariachi? She’s a Latina and is a mariachi.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Too soon? (...and fitting into the theme of discussion...)

[​IMG]

11. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

12. Cranberry_Juice

Why no pictures of him passing?

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member