1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Is James Harden leading the early MVP Race?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2014.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Anthony Davis without question.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tell MK Bower to punch Chris Baldwin in the dick.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Anthony Davis is playing out of his mind. It is as close to Hakeem like as I have seen since Dream began his decline - but his team is still losing. When was the last time someone from a team with a losing record won the MVP?

As for Marc Gasol, he's been unbelievable too. But Harden is willing the Rockets to victory with two and three starters MIA on many nights - and that includes Dwight Howard. Marc Gasol isn't doing that. But right now he's definitely Harden's closest competition.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons is offended...:grin:

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The Pelicans are 7-5. I think they will be a few games above .500, but the MVP always goes to the best player on one of the top teams. Anthony Davis won't win the MVP, but he is the MVP to start the season.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes he is because Anthony Davis' team isn't carrying their weight. Viva la Harden!!!!!!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>4. My top 4 MVP candidates are Davis, Cousins, Gasol, and Lowry. Curry on the cusp.</p>&mdash; david b. thorpe (@coachthorpe) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachthorpe/status/537417490343948288">November 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. don grahamleone

I'm watching the Sac/NO game on league pass. Thus far Cousins is making Davis look BAD.

#JAMESHARDENMVP

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm sorry to say, but the narrative isn't changing. I don't think there has been a video that has done more to ruin the media's perception of a player, ever. (Ray rice doesn't count that had nothing to do with his sport)

James Harden has multiple times, in multiple games, has had the defining play on offense AND defense yet what is posted it the ONE play that he takes off in the game... for the LOLs.

It really sucks that even though he is averaging almost ungodly numbers, playing with scrubs and still winning, he won't even sniff the the top of the NBA MVP race because of the narratives that he plays an ugly stye of ball and he doesn't play defense.. its not fair really.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Individual accolades are nice, but none of that will really matter if we develop into a winning team. We know that James is improving, and that our future is bright with his continuing progress.

11. hollywoodMarine

I read somewhere that Harden has the highest defensive rating or something like that (DRPM, or defensive win shares, I can't remember which one)

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Anthony Davis is playing out of his mind, but James Harden is literally the team of the Houston Rockets, he is caring the whole team by himself and I think he is the most clutch player in the NBA as of now.

IMO James Should be #1 as of now and Davis is right behind him.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Curry or Davis

14. bmd

bmd Member

I'd say Harden is the MVP so far. I also watch Pelicans games, and although Davis is a beast and has great stats, he doesn't take over games like Harden does.

Harden can put the team on his back and lead them to victory in the 4th quarter. Davis just plays well throughout the regular course of the game and isn't somebody his team can heavily lean on and count on at the end of games like Harden.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So far it's Harden, Curry, Gasol and Davis.

I expect Lebron and possibly Durant to join that group eventually.

16. don grahamleone

Agreed. Davis just doesn't make the players around him any better. He's missing the leadership and understanding for the game that Harden has and for me this puts Harden lightyears ahead of Davis.

17. bongman

bongman Member

You should have seen how nba tv spooned over Curry's performance last night. Yes he got 40 pts but Harden had 36 carrying his depleted team for a come from behind win. This disdain not get any air time at all. Not that it really matters to me, but I think it will take a miracle for Harden to win it.

18. Mr Chuck Norris

Oh lord I seen that, Isaiah Thomas might has well had got on his knees and unzip. Curry's pants it was sicking

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The NBA and media love Curry, rightfully so but it is a little overblown lately. For all the talk about how great he is, he's still yet to put up a 25 point season he still hasn't hit over 8 assist and still hasn't hit over 5 rebounds.

I'm not saying that 22 7 and 5 (im sure his ppg went up after his 40 game) is bad, it's great but it's also not historic. Couple this with bad defense and he's just not Imo good enough to be the best player on a championship team. In fact I don't think anyone who is your best player and is under 6'5 can be that guy. History says only like 2-3 have ever done it.

I'm not sure what it's going to take to get people to take notice of harden but he's doing historic stuff right now at 25 and so Many ppl are missing out. The best players in the NBA belong to LBJ, Durant, Harden and Davis in that order. If you don't have one of them your not winning a ring over the next 8 years. Unless u play for the Spurs. Lol

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's playing at a Shaq-like/young Dwight Howard level, but if the Pelicans end up in the lottery again, which seems at least 50% likely at this point - no way in hell he will win, deserving or not.