1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets one of the teams interested in Al Harrington

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 25, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course they are. Most Euro leagues are.

What China has:

Money to sign Ex NBA or fringe NBA players (2 or 3 spots for foreigners)

advantage in the Asian area (Haddadi and Asian players)

- Marketwise China might or should net more revenue than Euroleague

- Market players that are unmarketable in the NBA like Marbury and build him up to stardome

2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

There r always some guys believe smarter than others

3. kemah

kemah Member

Don't think Morey has ever done this much dumpster diving.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can't. He has a baseball career now.

5. NotChandlerParsons

Eh, we've always been picking through the scrap heap. Sometimes it pans out pretty well...eg Delfino.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Exactly, the guy seems really desperate yet comfortable with mediocrity at the same time. He was perfect to rebuild when Yao & Tracy were going through injuries, but not sure he will get us a good bench in the Harden-Dwight era. He will probably wait for that third star and pray the bench is not that much needed since they will be comprised of youngsters and old players ready for retirement, the d-league and china.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some head honcho here is only willing to pay for 'stars' not for quality role players. We could have had a more successful offseason.

Let's see what we can do with our flexibility next year

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Our flexibility could not get anyone of note here. Next year may not be too different, if we can't get better additional role players. It is a hard situation no doubt, but perhaps the Lin TE/ assets can prove to be valuable for us around the February/ March deadline.

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I don't get why people mention Joey Dorsey. He is the backup to the backup, they brought him in to play defense and get rebounds when he's in. That's exactly what he's done for the total 8 minutes that he's played all year...ooooooooooo! Fire Morey!

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think he meant to say, "first!"

11. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

WTF where is he playing, in his backyard with his kids?

12. Artestsuckskobe

No way we cut black, though we may trade he and a pic for a nice pickup (another asset if needed)

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I would rather pick up Jermaine O'Neal. Cyberx what's the word on Jermaine O'Neal?

But if Al is all we could get, I'm down.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Pretty sure Dorsey got brought in to be The Backup, until he was outplayed by an undrafted rookie who was otherwise on his way to Rio Grande Valley.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Or, alternately, there have never been this many rumors about Morey dumpster diving.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ex-Memphis Grizzlies forward Jamaal Franklin scored 53 points -- 19 of 29 shooting -- for Guansha in China. He can return to NBA in January.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/537629966209654785">November 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

To be fair, Dorsey was injured throughout camp and hasn't yet played his way back. I'm not saying he has it in him to become a capable NBA backup 5, but I don't think what we're seeing right now tells his whole story.

18. seeingred

seeingred Member

i found myself yearning for the Adelman offense this year. This is the type of team he was initially brought in to coach. A team with two superstars that needed to jump from Pretender to Contender. His offense produced so many easy looks it made role players like Kevin Martin, Chase Budinger, and Chuck Hayes look like All Stars.

Ahh well. The grass is always greener on the other side i guess. I sure missed JVG's stingy defense in the Adelman days (though JVG had a healthy Yao and no Kmart sieve).

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

So, basically, you know nothing.