1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Warcraft

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by daywalker02, Jul 12, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

sweet pie
    [​IMG]

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

It's were sh8tty movies go for life. Gods of Eygypt, Transformers 5, etc. Anyway, there's probably more to it. They have a cap on how many American productions get screened there. It used to be 10 but they increased it. Studio's found a way around it by making co-productions with Chinese studios. But then distributors would like kinda stack release dates in favor of homegrown films. As an example, they release three American tentpoles on the same weekend and a Chinese production on a weekend with little competition.

Another thing is that studios can own theaters in China. Anti-trust laws prohibit such a thing here. So Wanda Group owned Legendary Pictures can get a sweet deal on the 2000+ screens that Wanda Cinemas owns.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

awful marketing over here in North America and way below average critical reviews.

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

Good points, but I really don't think Warcraft belongs in the Gods of Egypt category for a movie. People *are* favorably enjoying the movie.

My questioning with the Chinese numbers wasn't in regards to the comparison for domestic numbers however. It was moreso how the numbers compare for second weekend results.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wanted to hate the movie but it was very good. Great story and very Starwars like.

I'd love to seen a trilogy.

I've never played the games btw.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The WoW Fanbase is slowly, gradually thinning out by the minute but I think showtime is still decent.

There are still thousands of thousands theaters showing it in the second week.

Probably going to screen it another 2 weeks or 2 and half weeks.

1st Weekend it was 32 Million$ (the movie started on a Wednesday)
    2nd Weekend: about 17 million$ (half)

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v3VGHD8X4ns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Warcraft is now the highest grossing video game adaptation of all time.

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

My older son was away last week when I saw this and he decided he wanted to see it too. So back I went today. He like the younger one has a little knowledge of WoW but not much on the lore. He really enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed the second veiling because I was able to concentrate more on the little things rather than trying to follow the plot. If you aren't a fan of the games that probably wouldn't appeal to you but I caught a lot of little nuances I mean seed the first time. It was enjoyable on a different level this time.

Funny thing when we got there about 15 minutes early the theater was empty. Right as the movie started a large crowd, maybe 10-15 people came in and sat down. It was an odd group mixed with adults teens and kids around 7-8. They didn't really seem like the typical crowd I'd expect to see at the movie, but whatever. After the movie was over I heard them talking about how they enjoyed it even though they had been expecting "Finding Dory". The theater had sold out on that movie and Warcraft was the only other that started at the same time, so I guess they just said "why not". Glad they at least liked it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Chamillionaire

Stopped watching about half-way through. Not really my cup of tea. Not really into "fantasy" movies a la Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, etc... Can't really get into it. Unfortunate. I know.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is going to be Assassin's Creed with Fassbender, that is going to be a potential threat to the "throne".;)

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

:( Sorry man.

Thanks for sharing :)

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yVBwuGWZi6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lAS7i-72yVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Just watched this and what a waste of CG. With 20 years of lore, it's like the writers shat the concepts out of the void.

You'd think they'd pay a couple million for a cartoon version, fine tune the story, then spend the rest of the 140 million bucks on it...

Damn neckbeards thinkin they can make a movie.

5.5/10

19. jbasket

jbasket Member

Sorry you didn't like it :( they did change up the original storyline up a decent amount, iirc.

I honestly stopped bumping this thread because I was really tired of all the movie and show threads cluttering the hangout, so I just let this one casually fall down. Trying to play my part.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My 2 cents

They need to go darker, Batman Begins style and focus on 1 character.