1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Corey Brewer to 3-year, $24M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2015.

1. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Beautiful women keep sending me sexy photos all the time, please make them stop!

boohoo life is hard

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

That would be epic. lol. But wait, is Corey married? If so, then it would be tragic.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I doubt Brewer gives a fake number to the beautiful women. It's probably reserved for the nasty ones.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If you are married and/or have young kids, this could be pretty damaging. Just saying...

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , I have a hard enough time explaining why some woman is calling me from a 1-800 # much less sending me naked pix.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Who uses the same fake number over and over?

That's serial something.

7. newAge_Rockets

Ummmmm...he looks really bad so far.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This dude looks like he forgot how to play basketball. Can't shoot free throws, can't dribble, can't defend his man.

9. chandlerbang21

Brewer needs to be benched bottom line . Thornton can atleast hit a jumpshot

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

All that talk harden had during the offseason. For what? To lay and egg like this???

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Honestly, I love his hustle, but he can't shoot, we have a team that relies on 3pt shooters with a bunch of guys that can't shoot em.

DD

12. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

he just looks so uncoordinated out there.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How many times is he going to go 1 on 4 into the paint without even thinking about what he's going to do?

He doesn't understand that sometimes you have to be in control. He ruins 5 or 6 possessions a game just off dumb decisions.

14. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

He looks like hot garbage out there. So many guys are driving the lane, jumping with no where to go, and then just throwing it to the other team.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was against re-signing him for exactly the reasons we're seeing on the floor right now

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey must be kicking himself right now for signing Brewer.

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I was very against going for him (when I didn't know what the cost would be), because he couldn't shoot. Then, he did some crazy good things for us. While I still wasn't emphatic about re-signing him, his deal is good enough. Y'all seem to be over-reacting a bit. I was all into collecting 3 & D players around our stars, but look at how much Wesley Matthews got this past offseason. I was interested in Afflalo, but it seems his D has fallen off the past few seasons. We just have to settle with our backups.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Brewer is not a 3 & D player.

D? yes.
    3? he has been a career sub-.300 3pt shooter. Why should anyone expect him to be a 3pt threat? His offensive value is in the running game. If we are not running, he's quite useless on offense.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Brewer runs around like a headless chicken. All he knows how to do is run into 5 defenders and pray that he gets fouled (so he can brick 2 fts) or somehow make a shot. On defense he will try to gamble every time and take himself out of the play.

20. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was never a big Brewer fan I actually liked Smoove better and he was much much cheaper. Brewer to me is nor worth what he's getting paid