1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. SexyButIgnorant

Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck making a mockery of Galatasaray defense. Although I'm sure those defenders do a good enough job of that by themselves (Lookin at you, Felipe Melo)

2. smr6

smr6 Member

Arsenal's goals have been almost too easy. Each one they have had time to measure up and take their time on their shot.

Liverpool just fell behind against Basel.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Liverpool...lulz.

4. smr6

smr6 Member

Also refs allowing a lot of physical play against Balotelli as usual. That guy really gets the short end of the stick.

5. smr6

smr6 Member

Welbeck with the hat-trick.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Real 2:1 vs Ludogretz, the Ronaldo penatly after a dive.
    They really look weakened after this summer, Perez should lead a business firm instead of a sports franchise.

Heard one press conference where Perez said he doesn't even know what position James Rodriguez plays at, this guy only signs big names to increase his marketing sales.

1 person likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw proud of Leverkusen, 3:! vs. Benfica is huge.

8. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

/Sigh

BRs team selection really makes me sad,why star Lazar he does nothing for us, after Lallanas good showing against Everton I figured he would start,Lovren can't pass out from the back and is playing badly since the season started yet he has started every game except the capital cup game. BR still doenst get it that Balotelli can't play as a Lone striker yet,ever since Daniel went down we still play him alone.

BRs ego is crazy. lol

Hope when we play Real we have everyone back and fit thats gunna be a huge game for the Reds.

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Here I am brah!!! Pathetic effort from everybody not named Messi and Neymar( second half).. This one is on Lucho. You can't play against Europe's best with 3 out your back 4 being under 6 ft. Back 4 should have been Alves-Pique(Bartra)-Mathieu- Alba and then 2 holding mids with Busi and Masche. I also think that PSG played really well and Barca horribly so not too worried assuming that Lucho learned his lesson.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What's up with some people still wanting to start Dani Alves? Guy has been complete sh** for two seasons and kills the defensive line.

He just announced playing in the Premier League next season, think this will help Barca stabilizing their defense.

11. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Simply because as ****ty as he's been there's nobody else. Montoya is worse and don't even get me started on Douglas, that dude could barely crack Sao Paulos starting eleven. Fans are pissed off because we knew this was Dani's last season and we are banned the next two transfer windows so earliest we can sign someone would be winter 2015/2016. Simply pathetic.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Yea watching the PSG-Barca game, the commentators were trashing his crosses, which are always bad.

Furthermore, Lucho is still experimenting with his lineup. Only Messi has started every game. Pique should have played vs PSG since he's taller and thus much better at aerial duels. My concern is Messi's shot attempts has dropped drastically to 3 a game this year. That's too low for the best player in the world!!

13. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Messi's shots dropping is on Lucho. Messi has to drop back and create much more rather than finish, kind of like the role he has in the Argentinean NT. In a way I understand why Lucho is doing it. With Xavi's and Iniesta's decline combined with Rafinha's being stuck in the same level he was a couple of seasons ago and Fabregas departure, there really isn't anybody in the midfield that can reliably be the play-maker. Of course Messi can (already has 6 assists in 5 games) but then who finishes up front? Munir and Sandro are too green, Pedro needs to stop living from past glories and be benched ASAP, and finally Neymar who until a few weeks ago wasn't scoring much. Lucho does have an ACE under his sleeve, Luis "pit-bull" Suarez, I'm thinking eventually he wants Messi to create and Suarez to finish. I'm a believer that if something isn't broken don't fix it, aka, don't move Messi from his false 9 position where he has been a monster this past 5 years. Instead I would have dropped back Neymar putting him as the play-maker and keeping Messi at top and eventually Suarez joining him. But only time will tell if Lucho's decision was the correct one.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Good thing is Messi is going to break the assist record this year.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Anybody been paying attention to Kagawa? Looks like he's picking up right where he left off when he transferred from Dortmund. He obviously didn't "lose" anything at Man Utd just wasn't utilized properly. Sad that he had to waste a couple of years at United even though he got a title out of it.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

German Europa League teams always stink, hate it.

Outside of Bayern, BVB, Schalke and LEverkusen (this season at least) our teams always play below their usual level and embarass Germany.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I would love to trade. You atleast have european success. The Dutch teams are pathetic on european level. However Feyenoord actually won last night.

Success for us is a couple team actually get to play after the winterstop in the Euro league....:(

18. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/471732/standings/

I love how our fantasy PL league is so competitive. After 5 gameweeks, the first five teams are all within 10 points. And the others shouldn't feel discouraged, the season has only started and there is more than enough time to make a comeback, you can already make a lot of points just by picking the right captain. Kam had a huge last week by selecting Džeko as captain and moved 20 points closer to fifth place.
    One other reminder, a second wildcard will be available during the January transfer window, so there will still be plenty of twists and turns up to the season end.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I know Džeko is Bosnian - but is he popular in Croatia? Do you guys wish he was Croatian? :)

20. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

There's no jealousy, not when we have Mandžukić. ;)

And of course he's popular here, up until recently we all lived in the same country and we're always happy when our neighbours are doing well. I mean, Herzegovina is predominantly populated with Croatians and there are a lot of Bosnians in Croatia (some of my closest friends are part-Bosnian, I'm part-Slovenian btw), so we see each other almost as brothers. And don't get me started on how many of our athletes are actually Croatians from BiH - Rakitić, Lovren, Bogdanović, Čilić, just to name a few.