1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cyclical. Clemson could very well be better than Oregon in 4 years time.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just gonna re-post what I wrote last week after everyone and their grandmother were in here either trashing or rationalizing the Aggie loss to 'Bama.

UT got shut out today by the #11 team, and there's barely any chatter. There are only posts that consist of "We suck" and "this team sucks." Absolutely no "YOU GOT REKT LOLOLOL" posts, or anything like that.

A&M gets blown out by the #4 team, a team that I don't think any Big 12 team can beat if they played each other right now, and everyone is ready to set fire to the A&M bandwagon.

tl;dr? Glad my fellow Aggies and other rational posters aren't acting like some of the trash that roam this particular subforum.

inb4 mklepto (sp?) calls me butthurt again. Sorry our program is currently better than yours. Sorry no one cares enough to talk about UT football, on a site that probably has more pro-Longhorns than pro-Aggies. Sorry I'm not sorry.

1 person likes this.
  3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I would imagine it also has something to do with the pipeline of Texas kids going to Oregon the last few years. Braylon Addison was committed to A&M...just a week or two before signing day, he visited Oregon and signed there. Now Oregon is going after Kyler Murray. This is a business relationship that broke apart on several levels.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You may have a point but Oregon, Cal and other Pac 12 teams raid Texas every year.

Word is Bralon's last second switch was because some assistant at A&M was fired. He and Corey Thompson switched to Oregon and Chance Allen changed to LSU all for that reason.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

You should go back to the UT thread when A&M was winning. It was very annoying. Ziggy, Pointfoward and a lot of other guys should remember just fine.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Also, Oregon has been under investigation because of a street agent that got them some of these kids. My suspicion is that Bralon went where the $ is.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you mean Willie Lyles, I doubt it. He was exposed in 2011 and Oregon was under investigation for two years until last summer when the NCAA finally gave them a light "sentence".

But money still could have talked. We'll never know for sure.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

What looked like a promising season for the Aggies is turning into a nightmare. LSU has progressed and will be a serious challenge. Auburn is super tough. Even Missouri looks beastly. I don't know. Bowl eligible might not be in the cards.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I've been saying that for weeks. I believe they're bowl eligible with a win over Monroe, so I'd say that it's in the cards. It will probably be the Texas Bowl or maybe the Liberty Bowl if they can beat Mizzou

10. Buck Turgidson

At least nobody jumped 10 spots in the polls this week by beating aTm like a redheaded stepchild

11. Bob Barker 007

We'll be back!

~Vince Young

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't know many people that thought the season looked promising for either TAMU or LSU going into the season. The consensus thinking from anyone familiar with the teams was that it would be down years for both programs, with a bright immediate future ahead. Mississippi State's time is up after this year, Ole Miss takes a hit too. That's college football.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Promising according to you?? 7-5 was the national consensus for this team, and they are on schedule for that. Sure, it's been a disappointing 3 weeks, but don't act like we were SUPPOSED to be world beaters.

#3733 Fyreball, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

3 losses to teams ranked in the top 3 at some point. No one is surprised.

15. TheresTheDagger

To be fair, the Aggies were just weeks ago ranked #6 and some fans (including myself) were puffing their chests over that. Time to take some medicine for good natured ribbing.

HOWEVER, combine this with the unrelenting (and frankly weird) obsession with bashing TAMU because of its traditions AND more importantly self loathing of their own institutions football program (i'm looking at you BigTexx) you get the trolls. In other words, these people aren't looking to discuss football. They get their kicks from being pricks towards those they don't know.

Once you realize this and accept it for what it is, you stop getting upset with them and start to feel sorry for that mentality. Such a waste.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Blowing out USC in their first game may have been a bad thing for A&M.

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I agree ... That, combined with USC somehow beating UGA like they did really gave a lot of false hope.

That said, the team that played against USC was a lot better than the team that is out there now. The team did not play horrible against Miss. St. and really would have a very close ball game without a ton of drops. Confidence seemed to get lost, and then they started out terrible against Ole Miss, but played decent in the 2nd half. Against Alabama, they started out terrible, and the team was so deflated, they just quit. I think Kenny Hill has lost all confidence, and is not near the QB he was in that first game against USC. Sumlin has got some real work on his hands just to get this team in the right mindset to finish with respect and not a few more blowouts like we saw against Alabama.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

It was the SC game that really got a lot of folks excited. Kenny Hill was like the next JF. You can't tell me expectations didn't soar.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

After they beat SC, there was definitely a "we just reloaded" vibe. I thought it was warranted at the time, honestly.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

You had a right to. Who could have predicted this? Before somebody says they predicted the record, there's no way they predicted 59-0.