1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SciFi Cinema?] John Goodman & Mary Elizabeth Winstead's '10 Cloverfield Lane'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jan 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

No shaky cam?!

Might check this one out.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Remind me....what was the first one about?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Like the Trailer a lot.

I don't know how Goodman would have a bunker ready for the nuclear fallout of the original Cloverfield as that event seemed entirely unanticipated.

Unless it was planned. And Goodman was involved.

But one possibility would be that the two kids are monsters, or experiments, and John Goodman is the scientist. They are kept in a bunker to see what side effects there would be from nuclear experimentation. And their escape leads to the events of Cloverfield.

...Or they are the only ones not effected by the experimentation up above. And they get to see what happened to everyone else.

The kitty poster seems to simply imply that mans role has reversed, where now we are in the cage, and the innocent monsters are watching us and roaming outside. This would be a very simple extraction of the events in the original Cloverfield. where the planet is now ruled by Monsters and Goodman is protecting the kids from what is out there. Of course, that seems to simple to be a good movie. Yet it would be a continuation and simple plot like the first movie. The Trailer also seems to imply that an explosion has occurred, like the ending of movie one. And that they are safe from the ending events of I and are now in the aftermath.

I think it's a prequel of sorts. Where the military was experimenting on the kids to see what would happen in the event of a nuclear fallout. But things have gone awry and monsters were created. Not totally unlike the Fallout game, I think that is what is happening here.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

What happens when an octopus and an elephant have sex.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Found footage setup. Blair witch style camera follows a group 20-30 year olds at a party (New Years maybe?) as a Godzilla type monster invades New York. Footage rarely shows good clips of the monster. Movie ends with bombs, presuming nuclear strike on the city.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well, i'm very intrigued.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

There is strange depth to the original film. I think the interesting thing about the original Cloverfield is that it wasn't your classic what's in the box found footage movie once you got into the theater, in that the monster is revealed relatively early on, not in full, but you get a good whiff early and throughout the movie. The marketing was brilliant in that it came at u as a what's in the box type movie. But all that changed once you got in the theater. it's really a movie about what would it be like for u to be in the middle of this situation with no information coming forward. The mystery is not what's in the box, but more like, I need to know more about what is happening out there, where do I go, what do I do, and what's happening. And you follow the characters along on their journey and to their ultimate demise.

The plot is relatively simple. Gigantic Monster terrorizes New York city, survivors try to get through it. survivors attempt a friend rescue. Military tries to take down monster. Nothing riveting there. But it made for a great movie.

I am intrigued by this follow up. We already know what the monster is, so what's up with these three.

9. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Word on the street (Reddit) is that this movie had nothing to do with Cloverfield - it was another small apocalypse type of story - but the studio rebranded it and maybe did some small reshooting to cash in on the Cloverfield name. Apparently this is something studios do - take an unrelated, unreleased movie and retitle it to try and pull in some initial confused name recognition money, before word of mouth gets around.

I'll just leave this here (Spoilers only relate to the original non-Cloverfield-linked version of this movie):

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/416hat/the_truth_about_10_cloverfield_lanexpost_from/

Stupid cash grab, if true.

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

reading the spoiler in that thread ruined my hopes and dreams. say it ain't so. :(

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm ok with taking a script, fusing it with another script, and making a movie. This is how novels evolve all the time as they are written. You just keep building on a concept. It makes both the original script and the movie Cloverfield more interesting. It works for me. So long as they make a good movie out of it. If they slap it together with little thought, then yeah, that is lame, but so long as they put some effort in I'm ok with what they've done. It's like a marriage. Sometimes two good things can be better together. I see it as no different than fusing Soaps and Space ( ie. Star Wars ).

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I liked Cloverfield but for some reason this seems like halloween 3 to me.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And now I'm sad...

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IhdJkFH7K38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are thinking of Mario 2 the Nintendo game.

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I liked this better when it was a comedy and called:

[​IMG]

18. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

That was a pretty sweet game.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!