1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox Sports 1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

So they didn't learn from the old FSN channels with their horrible tickers and color schemes?

I haven't gotten a chance to watch anything other than the UFC fights I recorded...was going to watch the Dynamo game on there tonight.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The rest of the fox sport properties haven't started yet.

That means college football, the euros playing football, and college basketball.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure, but Fox has the potential to at least make ESPN start trying again. Fox also has an infinite amount of money to throw at anything... them getting the US Open (golf) was a pretty big get.

Places where ESPN has lost some footing:
    I actually prefer NFL network's pre-game show now vs. ESPN's (mainly b/c I can't stand Chris Berman, and also I feel NFL network does a better job of covering all the teams).

MLB network is catching up in the quality of their MLB coverage vs. ESPN.

ESPN's NBA coverage, besides JVG, is still lacking.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Yes, it looks similar to the old local Fox Sports Net or CSN layout.

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

[​IMG]
    when you got these 2 you always have a chance

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

They're pushing UFC hard because it's an exclusive Fox property. I would imagine that continues to be the case moving forward. With Nascar, I think that's largely because they are still playing out several contracts that exist from the Speed Channel. Once those start to fall off the table, I think you'll see less auto racing.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nope, I'm on the cheapest package on Dish and 150 is blocked. I think I'm on the top 120 with the multi sports package, even though we don't have CSN anyway so Im actually paying an extra $5 a month for no reason...

8. Always Waiting

I'll give it a shot because a youtube celeb that I've followed for the past two years is on it. She is absolutely cute and funny. She used to do a daily piece for guyism.com. Katie Nolan is her name, I'm hoping this leads to bigger things for her.

9. bongo33

bongo33 Member

They stole this really hot reporter from the Celtics... Her name is Molly Mcgrath.

Here is a vid:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lZiUjTBXEAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ohh yeah, I remember seeing her at Toyota Center when the Celtics were in town.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'll give any station trying to unseat ESPN a shot.

12. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="620" height="415" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qLIYut7jm6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="620" height="415" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A2zrJNOmm4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

<iframe width="620" height="415" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AFxn_Nnr_qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

14. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

So does anyone actually watch this channel? I find myself watching it a lot more since they got Wojo but I don't know anyone else that does. I like it more than sports center but I'm so used to automatically going to ESPN.