1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Aug 10, 2015.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

Is it me or Hill looks fat and unathletic? Look at his belly fat wtf

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Take a look around the league, nba players hardly have abs, most are actually pretty skinny for their height. Also Hill is 6'10, it's a lot harder to get abs when your torso is that long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Having a six pack doesn't mean you're athletic. It means you have low body fat.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Doing 100 in light traffic is not as bad as you all are making it out to be. If you're in the left lane & have a good long stretch with no cars in front of you. Maybe it depends on your car. I drive a Maxima. The handling is fine at a 100. And of course, I don't drink and drive. I personally feel all speed limits need to be raised significantly. I speed ALL the time. Like never less than 80. Never been in an accident b/c of speeding. I've only been given one ticket since January 2005. I don't even know what traffic cops are doing. Cuz I have no concern about them. If I'm only getting one ticket every 10 years, then I might as well keep speeding. I don't have the patience to research it, but I am convinced alcohol and inattention are responsible for basically all accidents. I just haven't heard of someone speeding and the car all of the sudden going out of control and hitting another car on the highway. All a myth.

140 with an empty highway - I don't do that, but who cares? No one else is around? Depends on the car. He is probably a spoiled, rich 16 year old, so he might have a nice car.

Anyway, just like the rest of this thread, this post has nothing to do with basketball.

5. oakdogg

BTW, if you're driving like a grandpa in the left lane, don't be surprised when I give you the finger. That is my biggest pet peeve.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My response is not about your driving, but the comment "all a myth."

I'm pretty sure in Germany you are not allowed to leave the fast lane at that speed -- no passing on the right. The reason for it is people in the right lanes might be signalling to move to a middle lane and they don't see you and you don't see them, in time. Passing on the right at that speed (>30 mpg than traffic) is careless and it assumes everyone is staying put and they are allowing you to choose any lane you want as the fast lane.

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

Yrah but Hill has saggy t*tties

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have driven significantly over the speed limit before(130) on an interstate with moderately light traffic. At the time I believed my 'superior skill' was an excuse to do it, but now looking back going 100+ on the interstate can be inherently dangerous even in light traffic situations because the other drivers on the road don't expect a vehicle passing them going 120+. The best way to avoid being in an accident is to be a predictable driver(always pass left, don't unnecessarily pump brakes etc) and going 120+ is not predictable behavior, especially when another vehicle that is on the lane to the right of you doesn't expect a vehicle moving at a 120+mph pace and miscalculates changing over to the left lane because you magically appeared out of no where from excessive speed and side swipes you.

I still do some spirited driving but leave it to back windy country roads in New England where I currently live. More fun and less of a threat to other vehicles because of no traffic.

9. oakdogg

Yeah, that's fair. I don't change lanes at that speed. Well, I probably would at 80. But not 100. I don't really do 100 terribly often. For one, it's because there often isn't a stretch of empty road on a highway to really get that fast.

10. NotChandlerParsons

I mean, if I had to move to Indiana I'd be stress eating like a mofo

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would go over 100 on few occasions when I was younger if the freeway was empty like at 1 AM. But now I tend to go much slower even when the road is empty and enjoy the road to myself.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Still doesn't mean he's not athletic... Aesthetics is not a component of athleticism.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's certainly true in Texas. Sorry if I digress a little, but I have a funny story about hitting a cow in a VW bug packed with 7 of us on the way to the '69 Dallas Pop Festival, which left the bug with one headlight pointing towards Venus or somewhere. On the way back to Houston 3 nights later, around 3 am, we get pulled over for the weird headlight direction, and the S.O. of one of my best friends, the driver (and for good reason), got hauled down to the local county courthouse. We followed, and the rest of us waited in the car, parked on the curb outside between two vehicles of the county's finest. Three of us were allegedly hallucinating like crazy due to that brown acid the people were warned against at Woodstock - the flick hadn't come out, of course, since that festival had happened a couple of weeks before, but most of what went on there simply moved to Dallas later, although there were only about 150,000 at the Texas International Pop Festival. A warning about the stuff came from the PA 30 minutes after we'd imbibed, having traded a few apples and Cokes from our ice chest for some tabs. A friend ended up in the trip tent run by the Hog Farm for a while. He was in the bug. Needless to say, we were a bit worried sitting in the VW waiting on the fate of the chick driving, but she was released with a ticket after being scared half to death for an hour or so. A strange trip indeed. I think I've told that story in more detail in the past. Again, apologies, but I think it fits in with the topic somewhere. You might need binoculars to find out how.

14. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Likely because you are older and wiser. Speed limits might be bore-inducing and frustrating but at least everyone is moving at the same general speed and that itself is much safer for a lot of reasons. All the folks touting 130+ mph highway heroics are playing with fire, irrespective of their self-proclaimed driving prowess.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

17, not rich by any means, my parent's bust their asses to pay my car note, but they wanted to do something nice for me since I had a rough childhood.

But anyways, I agree with most of what you said, and I have a 15 SS Camaro which is stable and safe at 140 (on a completely empty 610).

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

whoa... People talking about Hill's una esthetic physique? my kind of thread. Skinny but overweight body.

17. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member