1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Has Made Dwight Obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SeabrookMiglla

i think he performed well in the past couple of playoff's, but i dont think it justifies his contract.

the rockets were trying to get star power with dwight. star's in this leage have a lot of pull, and the rockets felt they needed another big name next to james harden.

had dwight not come here would we have gotten josh smith who was critical in bringing us to the WCF?

i think for the money asik was the better bargain overall, but i dont blame management in their thinking. if you have an opportunity to get dwight and make a run at the finals you take that shot.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

You are soooooooooo cool. Here, I've got your selfie on the internet for you.

[​IMG]

4. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/04/22...hat-he-used-to-be-down-there-in-the-low-post/

Even McHale is calling Dwight's post game trash these days

5. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

Dwight posting up is literally giving up our possessions, nothing more

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

Dude, literally all you do is trash Howard 24/7 the past couple days. Did he steal your girlfriend or something? It's like the 2nd coming of BobbyTheGreat and Terrence Jones all over again.

1 person likes this.
  7. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

and the problem is it's only going to get much worse

8. Harden's beard

man, our guards really suffer defensively when playing with Howard.

Howard-Beverly Drtg 105.1

Howard-Harden Drtg 104.8

Howard-Terry Drtg 107.2

Howard-Brewer Drtg 104.7

Replace Howard with Capela,

Capela-Beverly Drtg 101.7

Capela-Harden Drtg 104.1

Capela-Terry Drtg 104.9

Capela-Brewer Drtg 99.4

All of our guards perform better defensively with Capela than with Dwight.

Coincidence?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think Capela faces the other teams' best players for as many minutes as Dwight, so that might skew that stat in some ways.

However...numbers like these are why I'm fine letting Capela be the starter going forward and just having him develop. I think he'll be fine long-term.

10. StrawberryJamm

Howard doesn't show against pick and rolls, Capella does.

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Spot on. Repped

12. Harden's beard

any team that is willing to pay Dwight max at this point would be getting a huge melon, no doubt.

13. basketballholic

This thread is still as ridiculous as it was when it started. Anyone who thinks Capela is ready to replace Dwight and anchor this defense simply doesn't understand the game of basketball.

#193 basketballholic, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Pretty safe to say that Capela replacing Dwight has a decent chance to do better than 21st in the league next year defensively, especially if JVG is here. And I'm not even a big Capela fan.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would say anyone who thinks a defensive anchor at C is still necessary doesn't understand today's basketball.

In today's game your PF and C need to be quick, disruptive and have great stamina. Things are changing. Strength is becoming the least important NBA quality.

Capela is certainly not a team's defensive anchor, but he is absolutely developing into a solid defensive starter. He is less than 100 games removed from being called a euro stash, he was supposed to spend 1 or 2 YEARS in Europe before being ready to be a rookie. His development has been very good, and he has a very strong shot at being our starter next season.

He will spend this offseason adding more lean muscle and working on his game. Two playoff series against the best team in basketball will accelerate his development. I'm really looking forward to his preparedness at training camp this summer.

16. basketballholic

The team that wins the championship will have at least 2 defensive anchors on the interior of their defense with at least one obvious one at center.

Anybody who thinks that you can win a championship without at least one defensive anchor at center does not understand the game of basketball.

17. basketballholic

Capela with JVG will not be as good as Dwight with JVG UNLESS Capela makes a major break through this summer. And that's highly unlikely.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The question was not if he would be better than Dwight. The question was whether or not he could replace Dwight and 'anchor the defense'. All that has to happen for that to be the case is the Rockets improving upon their #21 defensive ranking with Capela starting.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Are the Rockets still including the Miami Cener{Now completed his contrant )
    HASSAN WHITESIDE( I seem to feel he was in the Rockets Organisation at some point of his careet
    Capela would certainly be the back up center again. Give 3 - 5 years for maturity and Practice, I feel our Capela has the offering of a furure BIG MAN
    (STARTER) in the NBA:p

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is a lie. Dwight is in great shape. He isn't even overweight, let alone obsolete.