1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Football "Rate My Draft" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonnyMost, Aug 19, 2014.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well there ya go. Good job.

Personally I had Seattle's D and was playing against Aaron Rodgers. I won that matchup.

But then today I have andre Ellington having foot problems and status up in the air even before he plays a game.

But then I pick up josh Gordon as a FA with hope of him playing down the road.

My receivers then would be
    Demaryuis Thomas
    Dez Bryant
    Josh Gordon
    Andre Johnson
    Golden Tate

Best set of WR's in a 12 league ppr that is humanly possible haha

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Been gradually tryin to upgrade every chance I get, not alot of movement from the owners in this league other than various add/drops from the waivers.

QB - Kaepernick, Locker
    RB - A Peterson, D McCluster, D Sproles, I Crowell
    WR - P Harvin, K Wright, H Nicks, Welker
    TE - Rudolf, Graham
    same kicker
    same defenses

The cupboard is bare of good RBs and about all thats left of WRs are lower tier second and third receivers.

In honor of my CF brothers, I renamed my team based on something said here. They are now called Worst. Team. Ever.

btw....I did win week one in a squeaker (thanks to Larry Fitz not doing anything Monday) He only needed 9 points for me to lose.:grin:

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You should be able to roll with AP and Sproles at RB.

I would look into unloading the Seattle D for a good WR or RB and then I'd say you have a chance to compete.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Made it in as the last team in the playoffs

Started with this and the lineup I used today to win my league

QB - Romo
    QB - smith
    WR - C. Johnson
    WR - A. Johnson
    RB - Foster
    RB - C.J. Anderson
    TE - Allen
    W/R - J. Gordon
    W/R - L. Murray
    W/R - J. Gray
    K - Haushka
    DEF - Buffalo

Got lucky using Cousins, Asiata, Hillman, Sproles and Gray on their great games and hardly any of their bad games. Really just felt like almost all year I got lucky with starting the optimal lineups.

Got extremely fortunate with my first 2 round matchups in the playoffs. Woulda lost against any other team.

Then in the finals went up against the guy with Luck and Murray. He lost Cutler and went with Case over Claussen. Rest of his team other than Alshon didn't do much.

First time winning in this league of 10 years and I had no business doing so.