1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will you reassess your Rockets vs Clippers first round results now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sephkane, Mar 15, 2015.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Anybody can beat anybody in the West playoffs.

Other than the Mavericks who will probably get swept in the first round.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They're still near the top of my list when it comes to teams I don't want to see. And I'm not a big fan of playing Dallas either like you guys. Cuban will go to work on the officials again. Dwight will be on the bench all 2nd half for setting screens and Harden wont see the FT line all series. A committed Rondo might be able to bother Harden more than any other player in the league. There is no good scenario.

3. hakeemthagreat

I believe in my team but I'm also aware we don't match up very well with certain teams. I'll support my team regardless. But it'll be tough against the clippers

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Reddick puts it in us too.

I wouldn't mind playing the clips. Would be am exciting match up and the overall records in the regular season doesn't mean anything. Portland last year, anyone?

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

There will be no guaranteed win for anyone this year in the West. I fully believe that any of the top 8 could beat any other (even without injury intervention). The "except Dallas" thing you're thinking right now is risky - Rick Carlisle is a playoff mastermind and he has the pieces to surprise anyone.

I really just want the highest seed possible at this point - the only exception would be, I might be willing to drop a seed to duck OKC if by some miracle they gain a seed or two.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1-8 these teams are scary. OKC & SA are dangerous dangerous teams. GS is having an epic seasons. Memphis is strong all around. Portland is strong. LAC is a great team. And I wouldnt rule out Dallas, Dirk is scary good in the playoffs and if he is on fire they can ride him all the way.

There is no great matchup. No Matter what, getting out of the first round for any of these teams is going to be a feat. Might be the toughest 8 in NBA History.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

2 things, Jamal Crawford and Blake Griffin... What level are they at? We need more from the Josh, Tjones, and Dmo on the boards both offense and defense.

Chris Paul missed a lot shots he normally makes.

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

you have to realize homeboy is a troll

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In all honesty I would rather face the Grizz or Thunder than the Blazers. I think we are better than that team (and were last year) but there has to be voodoo at work. Those guys make absurd shots constantly against us.

10. brooksstephens

To me it's silly to be talking about matchups in the West playoffs this year. Who cares, they're all NASTY.

Because of that, I want the Rockets to draw whoever I would find the most satisfaction from bouncing in the first round:

Either Dallas or LAC

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

We need to stay out of the 4/5 matchup. Golden State is not losing that number one seed anytime soon and the Rockets do not want to meet them in the second round.

2/3 are the sweetspots. Likely gives us Dallas or SAS (who I know moved up to 5th today but I doubt the Clips let them have it) Gun for the 2nd seed for a division title.

Dwight coming back should hopefully give us a rocket boost.

12. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I'm pretty sure they'd put Klay on Westbrook, Green on KD, and hide Curry on Roberson. They'd still have two very good defenders in Iggy and Barnes too. I don't think Curry would guard Westbrook for more than a few possessions each game.

13. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I don't care who we go against. Because even a 2nd round exit will still be disappointment. Remember, we still beat Portland before. And if we had ariza on lillard, or james showed up last playoffs, we'd be going further in the playoffs.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

But that's not a possible 1st round matchup. Unless we tank to 7th in the West, which is silly, speaking Mem at this point is moot.

15. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

We don't know how effective Howard is going to be when he comes back. If he returns and plays like he did the first time.. There is no doubt were better off without him

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With a healthy Dwight, I'm not worried about the Clippers barring a Donaghy situation.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

My list:

DAL
    DAL
    DAL
    DAL

All other teams would be difficult for the rockets.