1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's Keeper Fantasy Baseball 2014 Draft Thread.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SamCassell, Mar 21, 2014.

1. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

I'd like to stick with the keeper league (not that it'll help me all that much at this point). It a unique way to draft and manage throughout the season vs. other single season leagues.

Two unrelated suggestions for next season. Possibly locate a website that allows for the 2 game periods a week, as in past seasons, and a way to monitor the SP/RP appearances per matchup and for the season. I know in the past you (Fade) were doing this manually. I don't think we should consider that an option, but I'm hoping there is some site that can replicate your efforts. I think matchups this season were far too reliant on how many SP starts you could get per week. Managers were just looking to stack as many 2 start pitchers as possible, minimizing strategy and the importance of the rest of the lineup.

Second, I think we should consider expanding the league by two teams. Our teams all have a great amount of depth and there may be too much talent on the wire. I think an expansion draft (where we protect 'X' number of players to begin with, and then 'X+1' once a given team's player is drafted) would dilute the talent enough where it may actually create a whole or two in each teams roster. Going forward, this may allow for a little more trade activity and/or need to manage our rosters more actively.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Keeper for me.

Will Jent keep DeGrom? David Wright about to get dropped!

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm all for adding 2 more teams. If switching to a non-keeper would encourage that, then by all means I'm in favor of giving it up.

I also liked the 2 games per week format, because the streaming 2-start pitchers strat is annoying. You almost have to start scrub 2-start guys over your ace 1-start option.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If it's a redraft I might be interested in joining back up. I bailed as I didn't really have the time then (I had just got married) and I really didn't like the keeper format or rules that went with them.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

expansion would be fine....

maybe a compromise, just keep 3 or 5 max

really love to find a way to have the two game periods, the once a week start and watch is for more boring

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I have someone interested in joining.

If we're still planning on expanding of course.

7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I for one like the league and the keepers, it's made it a lot more fun and adds a different element.