1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM] Harden: "I am the MVP"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Apr 9, 2015.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Not sure if you noticed the high number of bunnies and open look 3's James missed tonight. He also missed a 3rd of his free throws tonight. Harden was not good.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

be 0-9 in the 2nd half of the most important game of the year and call yourself the MVP brehs

3. TheresTheDagger

I had a bad feeling the minute I saw this article. Way to self jinx Harden.

Oh and if it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind showing up in a big game please? Thanks.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Harden did not play well and I am, too many times recently, disappointed in him. But - to be fair he had two made threes nullified by unsportsmanlike conduct by coach Popovich. No basketball player could have played their best in this abortion of a sporting event tonight.

5. aumate

aumate Member

Your joking right?

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Messing the rhythm for any great player will cause them to shoot poorly. Perhaps its time to bring in Papa back into the fold. He still was a decent rebounder, and mightve played well against Boris.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Should go on the GM too.

We have no shooters. All the Spurs did was pack the paint, they left whoever they were guarding and sunk in and Harden would get past his man to suddenly see dudes right in front of him...his instinct was to pass it out to a shooter, ALWAYS the right decision. If those guys hit their shots then they may be more reluctant.

It's fine that we don't have shooters but we rely on a shot that they don't shoot well. We don't play to our teams strength at all, so it's coach/GM.

Any ways, I'll let the others come in here to throw our best player under the bus.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Little doubt Curry will take it.

Still had a great regular season but yeah, looks foolish after tonight.

[​IMG]

Less talking Daryl, James, whoever...

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not if you are the MVP.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I've realized that the Rockets personnel love to talk big and give themselves a pat on the back only to come up short repeatedly

It starts with Morey at te top

Just let the wins do the talking

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

James Harden: "Curry, u da real MVP"

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I was joking about Popovich, but only to an extent.

"Hack-a-____" is a gimmick that has gone on for way too long. It's an tarnish on any game. It shouldn't even be available for otherwise excellent coaches like Popovich to stoop down to. It's an embarrassment that anyone tries to defend its use simply because it's legal.

Rockets lost fair and square. But it's the equivalent of a loophole in hockey where one team can manipulate which players the other team sends out for a shoot out. Or baseball where one team can choose the other team's pinch hitter. It's just broken and needs to be fixed.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

1-2 bad games shouldn't tarnsh his MVP-level play this season.

But yeah, I'm so disappointed in him tonight. He should just keep quiet from here on and just concentrate on making it out of 1st round.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can someone go into the locker room and slap the **** out of every single player and tell them to shut the **** up? Hell, slap McHale and Morey too.

You would think after getting embarrassed last season because of Chandler best SF in the series Parsons, we would be humbled and stop doing stupid **** like this.
    AT THE VERY LEAST BACK IT UP DAMN IT. **** everyone on this team if they lose in the first round again.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Love your fire and energy and drive and affection. I have the same for our Rockets. It's truly frustrating, but that's what makes us a fan... we love em, we hate em, but in conclusion it's more love than hate...

I really hope we get out of the first round this year. After that, it's a whole new ball game and you never know what magical things can happen.

Seriously tho, f**** McHale and maybe f**** the assistant coaching staff more for not trying to knock some f****ing sense into McFail for actually making the right decisions.... I know for a damn fact JB Bickerstaff is not a dumbass but I don't know... it's crazy how some coaches will yell at veterans no matter how great, or successful they've been, just to make them better at every aging second... but with McFail, it's like he doesn't know how to communicate in an intellectual way to make sense in basketball words to be successful. In game adjustments are just a no-no..... but between games after a game is over, he may figure something out, but even then, it's still nothing great and he doesn't really implement anything.

Pop yells at Tim/Tony/Manu relentlessly if something goes wrong... and points out exactly what went wrong........... but what I see with McFail and Harden, I see McFail telling James,"don't worry about it, you got it on the next play, just work harder, you got this, you got this, you got this.. you're our best player, you're our go to guy, blah blah"........... he doesn't pin point what's being done wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.

We could have gone to the WCF last year with a different despite Hardens non existence in the first round. It was all about matchups, and McFail figured a few things out way too late.

James Harden is our MVP, and maybe not the leagues MVP, but despite a loss tonight, he still brought us back and nearly won the game for us. The uneducated refs blew us the win.

Like I said before, there needs to be 5-6 refs on the floor for every game...... there also needs to be a challenge system for the last 2 minutes of each half or maybe just the last 2 minutes of the game.

Maybe a coach has 3 flags to challenge to change a call or whatever.
    OR make it extremely transparent and make every call a review and the foul or call or direction can be changed in any direction by the ref after looking at it in the video etc. This would be awesome? Yeah it would extend the game a little, but hey, it would be super fair.

I just don't know why ANY call can't be reviewed or CHANGED in the last 60 seconds of the game. So many games have been lost or won the wrong way because of the refs inability to call the right calls.

I really do believe Harden will win the MVP and shock everyone, but not shock us Rockets fans because we really know what he's done for us this season.... but having said that, I don't want him getting the MVP, I want him getting to the second round... the WCF... the Finals and getting that Finals MVP where it f****ing matters the most. Imagine us getting to the Finals this year with no Bev and D-Mo... that would shock us and the entire f****ing world. I am just hoping we get out of the first round so we can see whats on the plate for us to eat moving forward.

17. mingthething

mingthething Member

only Curry is qualified to say inflammatory **** like this, cos he doesn't have to worry about seeding. Harden got seeding problems , man. Best be keeping yo' head down and tending to those.

18. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Harden pussied out of this game because he couldn't get calls, no way he wins MVP.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

As evidenced by his 6 free throws. Ha ha.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why did he have to take it to the hole with so many guys at the rim?

Could have shot a jumper.