1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 3/3/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2015.

1. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Was hoping for the win, but without Harden this team showed some fight and im happy for this. We have better days ahead of us , Tomorrow we get Harden back , and we get to hopefully find out the next step for Howard so he can get back on the Court.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Brewer is just out of control of late.

His only contribution now is on fast break and fast break only.

He is not a good defender also.

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Bad coach is bad

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

D-mo and Jones played very well together in the first half. I know thats blasphemy to suggest that.

Just didn't have a closer, plain and simple.

5. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

they choked on purpose for Harden MVP

6. rossinator

rossinator Member

This game was a double kick in the nuts!

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

lol cmon those missed "freebies" were just a couple of the FEW HOU had all game! Yeh...he should make them, it is a big deal. What is a bigger deal is the crime of not getting the 12-14 FTs more that HOU deserved.

8. frontline94

frontline94 Member

this...

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

When Atlanta stepped up their interior defense those two went from killing the Hawks to killing the Rockets.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dmo should have been the closer down low. We never go to him when we need a bucket. They would rather shoot the ball instead.

11. JamesFr

JamesFr Member

I cant move off my couch... still shocked we lost this one...

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Damn I so glad I don't have to listen to Dominique anymore. That dude was horrible commentating this game.

Wished we would have pulled this one out to shut hie pie hole up .

Great effort by Red Nation. Just to many mistakes in the 4th and the offense went stagnant. The refs also served up some good old fashion home cooking in that 4th. Atlanta shouldn't need any help since they suppose to the best team in the NBA.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am disappointed with our 4th quarter collapse, but I didn't expect it to be close either.

No one person is responsible for it, but McHale should have made a substitution when the Hawks went on a big run.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Stop reading the box score to analyze the players,

open your eyes.

Dmo sucks big time on D and reb, that's the simple fact.

And because of his size, he is the default choice of Rockets at the C position, there is no excuse for this type of performance.

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Idk I feel good after this. We were ahead until the fourth. The guest for Stephan and skip on first take were talking up the rockets about being excited to see us without harden.

I think this helps show the strength of are team but also think it helps hardens MVP case that his team can't win without him

I felt like josh smith was pissed at the end and he took this loss to heart. I think he's about to step up

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This. Time outs should have been called when it was needed to stop them. We kept milking it till they got close. This should have been a win

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not wanting to step up? They built a 15 point lead in the 4th on the road against the team with the league's best record. Give them some credit. Yes, they failed to close the game, but then again they were missing their closer. And they've never had to play without him before. Hell, even with Harden, they have a tough time down the stretch in a lot of games.

Hey, it sucks. We coulda had this one. Maybe we shoulda had this one. But it's a game we expected them to lose. They showed heart. They never quit. And if we're lucky, it won't cost us in the chase for the 2nd seed if Utah can hold on in Memphis(although Portland is breathing down our necks).

18. rocketsmetalspd

Nice effort by the team but in the second half the team stop taking the ball up the court and started walking it up. The Hawks D was tough but the team had their chances. I just hope the Grizz lose tonight and the Rockets can still be only 2 games behind the Grizz heading into tomorrow's big game.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Proud but ****ing frustrated. Love Smoove but I literally cringe when he gets the ball and tries to dribble. With Dwight on the paint we might have won, but good showing none the less. I expected to be blown out and not this pissed off lulz

20. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Smith actually was a big reason the Rox lost down the stretch before he was taken out. He was trying to do too much and by the time he was taken out, the Hawks had all the momentum. I was afraid Smith would try and take over and in doing so hurt the team.