1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Once again,

LOL at those still claiming that Jeremy Lin is the second best Lakers player after Kobe.

Jordan Hill with 11-22, 12 rebounds, and several clutch buckets. Carlos Boozer 8-14 and 8 rebounds. Ellington 9-19, 5 rebounds, 3 assists. Ed Davis with 4-7 and 8 rebounds.

Jeremy Lin makes 4 buckets in first half when Lakers have built up a huge lead. But as King1 and others have said, when the game starts getting close, he starts to panic. 3rd quarter and start of 4th quarter he goes into brick mode. Starts dribbling around like a headless chicken which is exactly what a PG should be doing when the game gets tight. Its incredibly demoralizing to your team when your PG is in panic mode.

Before you start with the "but but...he only plays limited minutes....", let me just relive you of your misery:

[TRUTH HAMMER]Carlos Boozer played just as many minutes as Jeremy Lin and Ed Davis played 11 less minutes than Jeremy Lin.[/TRUTH HAMMER]

Its a good thing kept Lin close to himself on the bench in the second part of 4th quarter and all of 2 OTs. Its what got the Lakers the win.

Besides confirming everything what tinman and I have been saying all along, this is what this game proves:

If Lakers truly are tanking they should play Jeremy Lin for 48 minutes.

#6522 Zboy, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

How did the Lakers beat Chicago...

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Did you watch the same game as everyone else? Hahaha

Lakers blew a 9 point lead with 90 seconds left in the game. The game was wrapped up at that point. Or should have been. And Jeremy Lin wasn't even in the game, as per Byron Scott's decision. Turnovers and "panic" galore but Lin wasn't even in the game. You make alot of sense.

It's all Jeremy Lin's fault, obviously. Hahaha

How's the beach vacation by the way? You spent more time on here than with any hunnies, obviously.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[Reality check]Jeremy Lin wasnt in the game late because he was already in panic mode in the 3rd quarter and beginning of 4th quarter.[/Reality check]

This is what it looked like....

Dribble....dribble..dribble...miss....miss.....dribble....dribble....miss.....miss.....handing the ball off to Jordan Clarkson...dribble...turnover....

As I said, excellent preemptive decision by Scott to bench him before he caused any more damage to the Lakers team.

Which begs the question:

Why is Jeremy Lin not working on his game?

Is he not ashamed that a fellow rookie Asian American, Clarkson, has him glued to the bench?

[​IMG]

#6525 Zboy, Jan 30, 2015
  6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

ZBoy,

Please see NBA Game Action: 1/29/2015 thread

Too bad you are alone in your sentiments. #Forever #Alone

Which begs the question:

Why are you the highest poster in the Jeremy Lin thread during your beach vacation in Malaysia? Bored much? You seem like a virgin.:grin::grin::grin:

7. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

It was a trap game for Chicago after beating Golden State. Chicago didn't play their usual tough defense until the 4th quarter. They probably thought that would have been enough.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Since this post, Zboy has made 20 time-stamped posts at these hours, rounded to the closest hour: 12am, 1am, 2am, 3am, 12pm, 1pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 9pm, 11pm for an average of 3 posts per page.

Doesn't seem like the time zone is affecting him as much as he says.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

For those who are interested in facts and not Asian-Knighting a below average bench player, here is a play by play breakdown of the 3rd quarter and beginning of 4th quarter I am mentioning folks.

Straight from ESPN. If your feelings are hurt, I strongly suggest emailing espn's webmaster.

[FACTS]
    Derrick Rose shooting foul (Jeremy Lin draws the foul)
    Jeremy Lin misses free throw 1 of 2
    Jeremy Lin makes free throw 2 of 2
    Jeremy Lin misses layup
    Jeremy Lin misses layup
    Jeremy Lin misses 18-foot jumper
    Jeremy Lin bad pass (Jimmy Butler steals)
    Carlos Boozer makes 5-foot two point shot (Jeremy Lin assists)
    Jeremy Lin makes 4-foot two point shot
    Jeremy Lin personal foul (Jimmy Butler draws the foul)
    Jeremy Lin misses layup
    Jordan Clarkson (Asian American baller), enters the game for Jeremy Lin
    [/FACTS]

Other than 1 layup and 1 assist, Jeremy Lin was a detriment to the team in the second half, during the period in which Bulls pulled within 1 point. Undeniable FACT.

Also, the above does not even show the one truly important fact of Jeremy Lin during this time period.

Watch the game and you will see him dribble aimlessly and failing to direct the team's offense as Scott on several occasions has mentioned that Lin needs to learn to do.

PS. LOL @ Lin worshipers. I am talking about Jeremy Lin's game as a Laker on a "Jeremy Lin as a Lakers" thread. They are obsessed with and talking about me while throwing middle-school level personal insults. Game-set-match, folks :grin:

#6529 Zboy, Jan 30, 2015
  10. archinkent

archinkent Member

People who still watches Lakers game: Lakers fans, LOFs, Zboy.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Posted in January of 2015 by you (someone that watched the game) about a Lakers game in a Jeremy Lin thread by someone who frequents this thread...

Which one of your own fabricated three categories do you fall under? Lakers fan or LOF?

Another one busted....

[​IMG]

12. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Hey - he is not some random internet troll. I see a lot of solid work in his posts. Each of his reply was carefully edited a couple of times and always well-formatted. I don't necessarily agree with everything he said but I found a lot of his posts entertaining with all the flashy gifs and comments...very detail-oriented on box score and play-by-play analysis, too ... I dunno how he could be so consistent and where his obsession came from but one thing for sure, in terms of quality, Zboy > King1. Not even close.

1 person likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thanks. All because of hard work, dedication, and perseverance. Things that Jeremy Lin could really use in his life.

I would also like to thank my parents, my wife and my kids for supporting me in everything I do.

Lastly, as Justin Beiber himself put it, I would like to thank not only god but also Jesus.

PS. I prefer not to be compared against my contemporaries. I have a lot of respect for King1 and his craft.

#6533 Zboy, Jan 30, 2015
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they had a great game by one of your favorite former Rockets

Jordan Hill

15. VanityHalfBlack

It's bout to get rowdy up in here. Asians vs Asians/ Filipino vs Taiwanese! Just kidding, lol.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are more guys mocking Jeremy than supporting him in here.

Pretty one sided if you ask me. Those Lofs they are talking about they migrated elsewhere.

17. Progs

Progs Member

Glad to see Jordan "The Man" Hill finally living up to his potential. Not exactly Chris Bosh but definitely one of the better young big men in the game.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's averaging 12 and 8 while shooting 47%. He's mediocre at best

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

lol, you need to learn the meaning of 'still'.

And no, I didn't watch the whole game, only went back to that moment on League Pass to see what the hoohaa is all about.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep he has always had it in him to be a good player, a nice 16-8 ish type...Scola level etc.

DD