1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 11/26/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Very proud of the Houston Rockets over these past 3 games.

Resilient team.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Exactly what I came here to post. Tough as nails!!

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

It gives me such great vicarious pleasure to see the players so genuinely happy. When D-Mo came to the bench after that assist to Harden... That grin was something to cherish. Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

2 people like this.
  4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I love that they play as a team. This year all the guys are so team oriented, as ready to pass as to shoot. It just wasn't like this last season. I think we're gonna have a really good year.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ok, was at the game last night- section 416, so no close-up views or anything like that, but...

1. Oh, how I wish this guy sitting 4 rows behind me had floor seats. Man, I mean, it was a 48-minute barrage of "Cousins, you suck!" at the top of his lungs.

"Cousins, what a flop! p***y!"
    "Cousins, you're weak!"
    "Cousins, Beverley is watching you!"
    "Cousins, Black Friday! Baby-R-Us! Be There!"

I mean, I don't know how he did it, but I swear, I think Cousins would have considered going into the stands if that guy was anywhere near court seats- I didn't even include the profane stuff.

2. When D-Mo did that dribble behind the back and then the behind-the-back pass, just pure shock and craziness from everybody.

3. Yes, we saw the guy who poured water on his head. Then the belt came off, and.... camera shift

4. My friend, who hasn't watched a game since last year, couldn't believe how good Harden's all-around game was.

5. My friend also couldn't understand Dorsey. I told him, "You don't try to understand Dorsey. You commisserate with him. You pity him." Then, I told him the quote from here about 7 billion people on the planet, and Morey couldn't find anyone better than Dorsey..." or something like that. That became the mantra every time Dorsey touched the ball.

6. Cousins is an awesome player. He also gets into it too much with other players. But the odd one was between Ariza and Casspi. What happened there? Good thing to see all the coaching staff and Howard and Beverley in particular going up and hugging Casspi after the game. You could tell they all got along really well- smiling and laughing.

7. D-Mo.

8. Canaan.

9. My friend didn't also understand Garcia. I said he's at least a somewhat decent defender, he's just older.

10. Jason Terry gave the pre-game announcement. Seems like he fits right in with Houston. Ugh.

[​IMG]

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

D-mo has his best game as a rocket.

He was involved in the offense.

I never understood why he isn't given a large amount of touches on the block.

He will get his shot every time.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SbX0nqoQjbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

awesome

9. omgTHEpotential

DMo has a very different style of post game than Hakeem. I think DMo and McHale are much more alike. Those moves aren't crazy fluid and smooth like Dream's were, but they get the job done, and then some.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I noticed that too. Happiest I've seen D-Mo in a long while.

He and Rockets are just getting it done!

11. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Very surprising game last night in that Harden didn't completely carry the team as he had in the Mavs and Knicks games, the stars last night were Dmo and Canonbomb. I bashed Dmo a lot earlier this season, but that the last 6-7 games he is starting to elevate his game, especially the last 3 he has looked really solid. I can't for the life of me understand why McHale isn't purposely posting him up more often during most games, expecialy when he is honestly a much better post up player than Howard in terms of versatility on the block. It will be interesting to see if good ol' Kev goes right back to his veteran BS rotations when Bev comes back, because in virtually every game IC has started he has been an integral part of those that we have won (which was every game he has started). Not implying he is better than Bev or Terry in any way, but the kid is legitimately improving in practically every facet of the game and there is no denying his offensive contributions are badly needed with Howard, TJ, and Bev out. IC can create better than anyone else on this team going to the basket except Harden (yes he is better than Ariza and Kpap going to the hoop), if I can easily see that, how is it that McHale can't seem to get this ? Anyway, if we are w/o H, TJ, and Bev again tomorrow night, which it sounds like we will be, we face a much bigger test with this same line up starting, but the fact that we are winning games against tougher opponents in the West w/o 3/5 of our starting line up is incredibly impressive (not withstanding Hardens sucky last minute of play in the Lakers game).

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Looks like Root is replaying last night's game right now if you missed it.

13. NotChandlerParsons

D-Mo tries to emulate Sabonis...for better or worse.

14. plates300

plates300 Member

Not sure how rotations will pan out once everyone is healthy, but if D-Mo is coming off the bench, they should post him up every chance they get with the second unit, especially when shots aren't falling. Nothing is more calming than a consistent post game.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Luis Scola is his idol.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We have been trying to post DMo sporadically in the past, but he would hurry his shots or shoot fading away, etc. It was not a sure thing with him. Last night though against his defenders, he had the timing and balance down.

Coaches always talked about his issue being confidence. He had always been a hard worker. He had the tools but he was playing too frenetic. Seems like the last few games, as he saw his contributions being crucial to the wins, he has settled down, not trying to prove himself so much, and not surprisingly seeing his hard work bearing fruit.

17. NotChandlerParsons

I could watch Scola do that little scoop over and over and over again forever. Someone once told me that Scola only had one post move which is not untrue but he was really damn good at it...D-Mo tries to get really fancy at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1gJKU7pltA

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just watching that video almost has me putting a priority of Dmo over Howard in retain-ability. But that would be wrong. But wow he is smoother than Dwight could ever be in the post.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Look at Dream! He's still got it. I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah I can see that... He is nothing close to McHale...

He might not be the greatest coach in the world... But he was something special to watch as a player, especially on the low post...

T_Man