1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long before Terrence Jones promoted, D-mo D-moted?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iLookOK, Mar 31, 2013.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

To be fair Dmo gets bulldozed almost every nite by who he's guarding

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Actually, when Motiejunas got garbage minutes he usually scored a few times and had a good game against the Clippers when he got the chance. Early in the season, Jones had trouble scoring and defending so Motiejunas earned his time as the starting PF by producing on the court when given the chance. Jones was injured around the time they traded for Robinson but even without that he probably would still have been sent to the D-league for a stint. A good D-league and Summer league showings don't always mean the player is ready for the NBA proper.

Jones seems more a role player type while Robinson and Motiejunas both have higher ceilings. Time will tell but given Motiejunas is pretty solid offensively, unless Jones shows something really unique, I can't see him supplanting anyone for additional minutes in the rotation.

3. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Fair enough. You're were actually advocating changing the starting line-up so this still doesn' prove anything, but if Terrance Jones plays more than a combined 30 minutes in the last 9 games of the season I owe you a Coke.

4. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

If you can find a place where I advocated changing the starting lineup I will buy you a Mexican coke, which is better than coke because it uses real came sugar as opposed to corn syrup. A few posts down from the original post, I specifically clarified that I wanted tjones as a backup

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

no. no. no. you don't "try" someone this late in the season. You aren't going to magically help the PF position with any rookie. Smith/DMO/TROB are fine.

we aren't winning a championship this year anyways.

/thread

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

DMO sucks

his defense and rebounding are trash, we almost lost the game because of his terrible boxouts on Harris

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why not give Jones a shot? D-Mo is just horrible right now.

8. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

9. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Actually, we have a guy on our team that last year, as a rookie, magically helped his team for a nice stretch of games.

Also, the point isn't to win a championship this year, although surprises do happen. The point is to make dwight and J-smoove like our team.

10. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Still think I'm a troll?

11. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

If u ask me, Delfino owns the 4 spot (lolz) until one of the bits show more consistency. He may not be starting but you know McHale will play him there most of the game if the matchups allow it.

12. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Delfino is the type of guy that is either very hot or very cold. He is also often mismatched. During the season, he can get away with the mismatch by hitting his shots. Come playoff time, he will be demolished by playoff-caliber defense, intensity, and pressure.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

haha Parsonsned.... I mean Jonesned

14. carayip

carayip Member

Ooh! :grin:

15. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Do you plan to follow up on your promise?

Clutchfans, do you think its fair for me to ask him to enforce it (assuming T-jones gets the 30 minutes, which I think he will)?

16. allaroundplayer

i had a feeling that Jones was going to play after the past few games, but it was still surprising that he got into the game so early.

mchale more or less stated a little while ago adding jones to the rotation wasn't going to happen. i wonder whose idea it was. quite possibly morey.

i like the idea of resting delfino.

17. Normalus

Normalus Member

Don't get high so early, D-Mo also had good first night when have given a time to play, and now just looks so poor. Don't expect him to rebound much also, and from my angle he looks more like 3, but not 4 spot.

18. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

It was my idea. I wrote the post, and 24 hours later T-Jones was called up, 48 hours later he was double-doublin. This guy will get us into the 2nd round.

19. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Thats true, its only April 4th, we should wait at least 16 more days before getting high.

20. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The point of this season was to make Houston Rockets Basketball relevant again. Old-timers hated the Lin acquisition but he put the Rockets back on the map. A lot of people were skeptical about Harden being our franchise guy but he's burst into superstar status. Parsons is doing his thing, playing like an all-star and coagulating our core while being paid in potatoes.

If Dwight wants to stay in LA with a paper thin roster stitched together by Nash and Kobe's aging bodies that's his prerogative - We've still got our franchise player, we're still loaded with young talent and we're going to make a splash in the off-season free agency.