ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal


Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
ACN (All Communications Network) - MLM/Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme
Tags:  austin, business, dallas, high school, houston, mindless drones, pee-pee dreams, san jose, school, texas, tickets, video Tags
Ziggy is offline Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #121
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Posts: 22,107
Member: #543
    Reply With Quote
If you do somehow succeed in MLM you'll be working as hard if not harder than any other successful business man. The working from home, living on the beach thing is real but you'll have to actually be doing work, mostly cold calls and begging leads for money. You don't get health benefits and the company you're selling can still go out of business just like any other company you'd be working for. Your sales still feed corporate MLM (your boss).

It's crazy that people think they're running their own business, they're not, how do you think the MLM founders get their strip club money?

__________________
Goozers n Boozers | Better than everyone at fantasy football

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013
 
Sponsored Link
updawg is offline Old 12-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #122
updawg
Member
updawg is Omer Asik -- working the boardsupdawg is Omer Asik -- working the boardsupdawg is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2002
Posts: 3,909
Member: #4140
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheke64 View Post
You in it?
I was referring to Jonathan Goode soaking up all that bs. Poor guy.
 
Ziggy is offline Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #123
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Posts: 22,107
Member: #543
    Reply With Quote
Things MLM'ers do #55 -- request read receipts on emails.

__________________
Goozers n Boozers | Better than everyone at fantasy football

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013
 
Antec is offline Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #124
Antec
Member
Antec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 633
Member: #45488
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan Goode View Post
Wow, I look at all these posts bashing MLM's, and I feel sorry for you. The lack of open mindedness, and the lack of understanding of how a business is truly ran. Microsoft was started in a garage, Facebook was formed in a dorm room, and KFC was started in a home as a catering company. All of these companies started somewhere. MLM's aren't for everyone, that's ok. Some people don't like to know everything. Just go to work, and assume they will get there paychecks from someone else. They don't care where they come from, how that money is truly backed. All they care about is getting that check every week. As an accounting major I've been taught to find out how that money gets from 1 place to another. That's why I have a deeper understanding. My point is proven by the fact you said you can go the government building and pay $10 for a business license. LOL And you say ACN is a joke? After you pay that $10. Where are your supplies, where is your equipment, where is your office? Do the math, add in that $10, and I promise you will spend well over $500. Do ACN reps have to work harder to help people understand the true value? Of course we do, It's the closed minded individuals like yourself that feel that real businesses like Radio Shack, Sams Club, Wal-mart (all 3 do the same thing we do) can't do it over the Internet alone. They need a retail store front in a mall or a street corner to product there business properly. Pay employees by the hours to do their work for them. Well I can tell you when it's all said and done. When this economy finally bottoms out, and no one can afford a traditional store front. You will see businesses drop off, and depending on whatever it is you do. You get laid off, cause they can't afford to pay you anymore. Your bills will still need to be paid regardless. When that happens, while everyone else is going out of business mine will be booming. I'm not saying I'll be a millionaire, I'm not saying I'll be rolling around in a Benz with a multimillion dollar home. But what I can promise, I won't be jobless begging for a handout. I'll be the one trying to save you by getting your bills lowered so you don't have to get on government assistance. And that's the sad truth.

Oh and by the way I don't have 1 friend or family on my team. All former Co-workers, and business owners that are now in business with me. The fact you did your research and saw I'm a new rep, should give even more creditability figuring its almost 12 PM EST, on a Tuesday, and I'm on here trying to open your eyes. I don't have to worry about my bills getting paid because I already paid them, pull the residual off my own bills, thus saving me 20% on every bill I signed up though my business with the same companies you use, and probably on the same plan. That right there is worth $500 not including the fact you can use it the $500, plus whatever expenses you may have as a tax right off. You want to talk about the BBB? We have held a A to A+ Rating in all 20 years we have been in business. I'm a former store manager of T-mobile, with that said people come back and complain all the time. It's just the business we are in. people don't understand the fine print. I excelled at my job with T-mobile because I took the time to help people understand anything and everything, and because of that I had one of the lowest return rates in the WHOLE COMPANY! Because of that they moved me from Indiana, to Florida to open stores for them. Why did they do that you ask? Because I did it the RIGHT WAY! I helped people, I didn't scam them.

You can think whatever you want about ACN, or any other MLM company. but I want you to know this, I was in your shoes before, watched my mom lose almost everything to MLM companies with no leadership, and she wouldn't stop trying. You think I want that for my life? You think I would do this knowing how much money I watched my mom pissed away on bad opportunities? That was the whole reason I went to school for accounting. To show her what makes since and what doesn't. Now what do I do, I'm a full time ACN rep after 3 weeks in, and make enough bonuses, and residual to live comfortably. I saw the Opportunity, took me 3 months of research, growing interest, and making myself truly understand the company before I bought in. I did it the right way. I didn't criticize, I did my homework, found out if, and how I would make this work for me. Because of that I got the attention of the people above me, and they devoted their time to make sure I did it right. Because I did what a smart business man would do. Prep for the opportunity, not just embrace it, or criticize it. My point being, In a drag race, you don't wait to start your car when the lights start to fall do you? You have your engine almost red lined so when you drop the breaks, you take off with maximum acceleration. That's what I did, You have to think outside the box on everything. What can I do to make myself better then the norm? Because I have the mindset I will succeed. The lack of that mindset, and greed, is the reason the country is failing.

Criticize all you want, bad mouth things you do not understand, cause even if you would consider this opportunity I wouldn't offer it to you because you don't have what it takes, and you would just tear my team down. but if you get anything out of this remember....

A closed mind is your most expensive expense. Not only can it cost you everything, but cause you to miss a great opportunity. If think the opportunity is a bad one, do your research, find out how people really make money. Don't research what other say, because the people that criticize didn't have what it takes to succeed. Look into the comp plan, look into the bonus structure then make your decision. Do it the right way. Because at the end of the day, it's not about what people say, it's about what is offered in the opportunity. Every company that was ever started had people saying it would never work. If we all knew what would work and what wouldn't, we all would be millionaires. The founder of Wendy's lost everything close to him, his wife left him, he lost his daughter "Wendy", and struggled for almost 5 years. I bet his ex wife feels stupid now cause of her closed mind, and his daughter didn't even know better because she was so young. I wish I was in his daughter shoes. That's the truth!
See...I figured if I try hard enough I can bring out at least one ACN fanboy.

Quote:
Now what do I do, I'm a full time ACN rep after 3 weeks in, and make enough bonuses, and residual to live comfortably.
Anyone who has done ACN or even understand ACN knows you don't get you bonus or your residual until after 30 days in ACN. And that is if you are lucky. I find your post absolutely FRIGGEN HILARIOUS.

1. Claiming you are a full time rep, is as easy as quitting your job at McDonald's, staying home all day, and making cold calls to people you met 6 years ago. Is that supposed to be glamorous? Does claiming you are "full time" make you seem credible?

2. 3 weeks in? You do realize you get your check at the end of the 30 day period right? So...u made that money did you? Also you realize residual checks only come in if its above $10 and 100% doubt you have a check.

3. I will bet $10 for the tipjar you cant produce any kind of evidence of your "bonuses" or your "residual" check to show that you are living comfortably. Unless you are living in a 1 bedroom apartment with 25 other ACN people and you consider that comfort.

__________________
Case Keenum Fan Club.
(Former UH Student. I know what I'm talking about.)
 
Antec is offline Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #125
Antec
Member
Antec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 633
Member: #45488
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyyungrocks View Post
Well if you can save everyone money its so easy to prove. Why don't you just show us multiple examples of ACN being able to save us money?

Phone bill
Tv bill
Internet bill
Mobile bill
Electricity bill.

Please show us so and we can shut up.
Here I'll show you everything you are asking to know.

1. This is their so called "storefront". Every single one of their "storefronts" is the EXACT same. All it is...is just adding their name or handle infront of acndirect.com

http://billhowe.acndirect.com/default.asp
http://irisvmcgriff.acndirect.com/default.asp

2. Now go look up their services. That's the worst part if you actually look up the rates and services they are the EXACT SAME RATES if not HIGHER than your local providers. Aside from that look up the THOUSANDS of complaints about the bad customer service of some of the "ACN Exclusive" services like Flash Wireless or ZOOM Energy.

They teach their fanboys to not sell the products based on saving money or paying less on your bill. They teach to sign people up under a "favor" system. Basically... "Hey can you do me a favor and sign up for my services, I just need 1 more customer to get promoted in my business."

__________________
Case Keenum Fan Club.
(Former UH Student. I know what I'm talking about.)
 
Antec is offline Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #126
Antec
Member
Antec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 633
Member: #45488
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
If you do somehow succeed in MLM you'll be working as hard if not harder than any other successful business man. The working from home, living on the beach thing is real but you'll have to actually be doing work, mostly cold calls and begging leads for money. You don't get health benefits and the company you're selling can still go out of business just like any other company you'd be working for. Your sales still feed corporate MLM (your boss).

It's crazy that people think they're running their own business, they're not, how do you think the MLM founders get their strip club money?
They think they are working less or working "lighter". They don't realize instead of working a 9-5 jobs, they instead are working a 9AM - 11PM job. All day, everyday, they have to constantly look for new ways to bring people into the PBRs and the BOPs. Pester friends and family 24/7 until no one picks up their phones calls.

__________________
Case Keenum Fan Club.
(Former UH Student. I know what I'm talking about.)
 
Antec is offline Old 12-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #127
Antec
Member
Antec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 633
Member: #45488
    Reply With Quote
Every single ACN member's goal "RETIRE MY PARENTS".

LOLOLOL. Ask any ACN person why they are doing it, I WANT TO RETIRE MY PARENTS.

Every single person who asked me to join told me the same thing, verbatim.

__________________
Case Keenum Fan Club.
(Former UH Student. I know what I'm talking about.)
 
joeyyungrocks is offline Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #128
joeyyungrocks
Member
joeyyungrocks is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 199
Member: #48450
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec View Post
Here I'll show you everything you are asking to know.

1. This is their so called "storefront". Every single one of their "storefronts" is the EXACT same. All it is...is just adding their name or handle infront of acndirect.com

http://billhowe.acndirect.com/default.asp
http://irisvmcgriff.acndirect.com/default.asp

2. Now go look up their services. That's the worst part if you actually look up the rates and services they are the EXACT SAME RATES if not HIGHER than your local providers. Aside from that look up the THOUSANDS of complaints about the bad customer service of some of the "ACN Exclusive" services like Flash Wireless or ZOOM Energy.

They teach their fanboys to not sell the products based on saving money or paying less on your bill. They teach to sign people up under a "favor" system. Basically... "Hey can you do me a favor and sign up for my services, I just need 1 more customer to get promoted in my business."
Lol I wanted him to do the work for us not you.
 
updawg is offline Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #129
updawg
Member
updawg is Omer Asik -- working the boardsupdawg is Omer Asik -- working the boardsupdawg is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2002
Posts: 3,909
Member: #4140
    Reply With Quote
I bet this site is a good place for Jonathan Goode to pick up some new employees/recruits. I think kingcheetah was interested in ACN
 
Antec is offline Old 12-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #130
Antec
Member
Antec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAntec is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 633
Member: #45488
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyyungrocks View Post
Lol I wanted him to do the work for us not you.
I wanted to put in the hard work and effort so I can eventually retire my parents.

__________________
Case Keenum Fan Club.
(Former UH Student. I know what I'm talking about.)
 
Classic is offline Old 12-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #131
Classic
Member
Classic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,382
Member: #29455
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec View Post
Every single ACN member's goal "RETIRE MY PARENTS".

LOLOLOL. Ask any ACN person why they are doing it, I WANT TO RETIRE MY PARENTS.

Every single person who asked me to join told me the same thing, verbatim.
It's all part of the training video:
 
Amel is offline Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #132
Amel
Contributing Member
Amel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,428
Member: #16438
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by updawg View Post
I bet this site is a good place for Jonathan Goode to pick up some new employees/recruits. I think kingcheetah was interested in ACN
actually there is one person that really would appreciate the opportunity

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=218163

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch - Terrence Williams reads you, but that doesn’t mean you’re right
I knew exactly the thread on our forums he was referring to. A user had reacted prematurely to T-Will’s rough first half against the Spurs only to get clowned by the community for the rest of the game as Williams hit 7 of his last 9 shots in the second half.
 
cheke64 is offline Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #133
cheke64
Member
cheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcheke64 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Posts: 7,771
Member: #42238
    Reply With Quote
^****ing antec was killing it with those memes.
 
GanjaRocket is offline Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #134
GanjaRocket
Member
GanjaRocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineGanjaRocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineGanjaRocket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,252
Member: #52942
    Reply With Quote
pretty much a scam when you consider that the services aren't even cost effective...
 
robbie380 is offline Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #135
robbie380
Contributing Member
robbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Posts: 14,965
Member: #6630
    Reply With Quote
Jonathan Goode I made your posts easier to read.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUAAXuHan View Post
Chandler is the best lubricant in the team
 
SuperBeeKay is offline Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #136
SuperBeeKay
Member
SuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSuperBeeKay is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,116
Member: #30404
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan Goode View Post
Wow, I look at all these posts bashing MLM's, and I feel sorry for you. The lack of open mindedness, and the lack of understanding of how a business is truly ran. Microsoft was started in a garage, Facebook was formed in a dorm room, and KFC was started in a home as a catering company. All of these companies started somewhere. MLM's aren't for everyone, that's ok. Some people don't like to know everything. Just go to work, and assume they will get there paychecks from someone else. They don't care where they come from, how that money is truly backed. All they care about is getting that check every week. As an accounting major I've been taught to find out how that money gets from 1 place to another. That's why I have a deeper understanding. My point is proven by the fact you said you can go the government building and pay $10 for a business license. LOL And you say ACN is a joke? After you pay that $10. Where are your supplies, where is your equipment, where is your office? Do the math, add in that $10, and I promise you will spend well over $500. Do ACN reps have to work harder to help people understand the true value? Of course we do, It's the closed minded individuals like yourself that feel that real businesses like Radio Shack, Sams Club, Wal-mart (all 3 do the same thing we do) can't do it over the Internet alone. They need a retail store front in a mall or a street corner to product there business properly. Pay employees by the hours to do their work for them. Well I can tell you when it's all said and done. When this economy finally bottoms out, and no one can afford a traditional store front. You will see businesses drop off, and depending on whatever it is you do. You get laid off, cause they can't afford to pay you anymore. Your bills will still need to be paid regardless. When that happens, while everyone else is going out of business mine will be booming. I'm not saying I'll be a millionaire, I'm not saying I'll be rolling around in a Benz with a multimillion dollar home. But what I can promise, I won't be jobless begging for a handout. I'll be the one trying to save you by getting your bills lowered so you don't have to get on government assistance. And that's the sad truth.

Oh and by the way I don't have 1 friend or family on my team. All former Co-workers, and business owners that are now in business with me. The fact you did your research and saw I'm a new rep, should give even more creditability figuring its almost 12 PM EST, on a Tuesday, and I'm on here trying to open your eyes. I don't have to worry about my bills getting paid because I already paid them, pull the residual off my own bills, thus saving me 20% on every bill I signed up though my business with the same companies you use, and probably on the same plan. That right there is worth $500 not including the fact you can use it the $500, plus whatever expenses you may have as a tax right off. You want to talk about the BBB? We have held a A to A+ Rating in all 20 years we have been in business. I'm a former store manager of T-mobile, with that said people come back and complain all the time. It's just the business we are in. people don't understand the fine print. I excelled at my job with T-mobile because I took the time to help people understand anything and everything, and because of that I had one of the lowest return rates in the WHOLE COMPANY! Because of that they moved me from Indiana, to Florida to open stores for them. Why did they do that you ask? Because I did it the RIGHT WAY! I helped people, I didn't scam them.

You can think whatever you want about ACN, or any other MLM company. but I want you to know this, I was in your shoes before, watched my mom lose almost everything to MLM companies with no leadership, and she wouldn't stop trying. You think I want that for my life? You think I would do this knowing how much money I watched my mom pissed away on bad opportunities? That was the whole reason I went to school for accounting. To show her what makes since and what doesn't. Now what do I do, I'm a full time ACN rep after 3 weeks in, and make enough bonuses, and residual to live comfortably. I saw the Opportunity, took me 3 months of research, growing interest, and making myself truly understand the company before I bought in. I did it the right way. I didn't criticize, I did my homework, found out if, and how I would make this work for me. Because of that I got the attention of the people above me, and they devoted their time to make sure I did it right. Because I did what a smart business man would do. Prep for the opportunity, not just embrace it, or criticize it. My point being, In a drag race, you don't wait to start your car when the lights start to fall do you? You have your engine almost red lined so when you drop the breaks, you take off with maximum acceleration. That's what I did, You have to think outside the box on everything. What can I do to make myself better then the norm? Because I have the mindset I will succeed. The lack of that mindset, and greed, is the reason the country is failing.

Criticize all you want, bad mouth things you do not understand, cause even if you would consider this opportunity I wouldn't offer it to you because you don't have what it takes, and you would just tear my team down. but if you get anything out of this remember....

A closed mind is your most expensive expense. Not only can it cost you everything, but cause you to miss a great opportunity. If think the opportunity is a bad one, do your research, find out how people really make money. Don't research what other say, because the people that criticize didn't have what it takes to succeed. Look into the comp plan, look into the bonus structure then make your decision. Do it the right way. Because at the end of the day, it's not about what people say, it's about what is offered in the opportunity. Every company that was ever started had people saying it would never work. If we all knew what would work and what wouldn't, we all would be millionaires. The founder of Wendy's lost everything close to him, his wife left him, he lost his daughter "Wendy", and struggled for almost 5 years. I bet his ex wife feels stupid now cause of her closed mind, and his daughter didn't even know better because she was so young. I wish I was in his daughter shoes. That's the truth!
dec 2012
posts: 2


hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 
Harrisment is offline Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #137
Harrisment
Contributing Member
Harrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchHarrisment is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2001
Posts: 13,147
Member: #2679
    Reply With Quote
Several years ago I had a past co-worker invite me to lunch out of the blue after having not spoken to him for over a year. When I arrived there was another guy with him, and after a few minutes they go into a whole spiel trying to get me to join this BS. I clearly remember the "do me a favor" pitch line that seems to be their trademark. I politely said no thanks and never talked to the guy again. Pitching this to people is a good way to instantly lose a friend. It's creepy.

__________________

2013 Clutchfans NFL Survivor Champion


 
Joshfast is offline Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #138
Joshfast
Contributing Member
Joshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemJoshfast is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,994
Member: #3337
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan Goode View Post
lots of words
LOL pyramid scheme, NEXT.


__________________
“The Cowboys have never been about checkered tablecloths and boots and hats,” Jones said. “They’ve been about glitz and glitter. Leave the other stuff to the Houston Texans.” - Jerry Jones

So the Cowboys are self described as non-working class, non-cowboy sparkling glitter pansies.
 
NewRoxFan is online now Old 12-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #139
NewRoxFan
Contributing Member
NewRoxFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineNewRoxFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineNewRoxFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,346
Member: #3523
    Reply With Quote
A neighbor invited my wife and I (along with other neighbors and friends) to see this pitch. She and her husband apparently switched to the package. It was the oddest pitch... they had been provided a VoIP video conference call device to connect to some higher-level sales gut in Oregon to give most of the pitch (with the Trump video). We went, I almost nodded off during the pitch, and that was the end of it.

I don't know if she is still trying to sell those packages. She recently found out she had thyroid cancer and is now trying to convince neighbors of the power of Frankinsense as a miracle cure. I feel for her, obviously because of the cancer diagnosis, but also how she is so easily swept up by scams.
 
likestohypeguy is offline Old 12-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #140
likestohypeguy
Member
likestohypeguy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodlikestohypeguy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,416
Member: #44013
    Reply With Quote
I knew someone who sold Herbalife in school. He spent alot of time putting fliers under windshields & approaching fatties in parking lots respectfully as possible considering the circumstances, but I never realized that was a pyramid scheme (per the penn & teller BS video embedded in this thread). He never tried to recruit me anyway. Guess I wasn't Herbalife material.

The company graphic in one of those recruiting videos penn & teller were making fun of, illustrating you at the top & an increasing number of "analysts/consultants" making money for you at each level below, it reminded me of this (size):



For some reason I don't believe the guy who they depicted as working 11hrs a day for 9months & being out $1,500, I just don't believe it. No way he's still grinding losing that much money, only having recruited one client, & still vouching for it. They must have paid some of them to give their story, & maybe embellish a little. Buying his prospective client "lunch" (chips & dip) was painful to watch!
 

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? JuanValdez BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion 17 09-02-2011 12:09 PM
Houston AAU founder implicated in ponzi scheme w college coaches commits suicide Commodore BBS Hangout 1 07-19-2011 11:10 PM
50 billion dollar Ponzi Scheme rockbox BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion 35 08-19-2009 10:14 AM
World Leadership Group: MLM/Pyramid Scheme/Other? slcrocket BBS Hangout 2 09-05-2008 02:53 PM
Excel Communications 3814 BBS Hangout 1 03-12-2004 07:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.