ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin
Tags:  apple, basketball, better at being fat, bulls, carmelo anthony, dallas, harvard, houston, houston rockets, jeremy lin, league, linsanity, media day, mike woodson, money, nba, new york knicks, rock, steve novak, support, thanksgiving, toyota center Tags
ScolaIsBallin is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
ScolaIsBallin
ScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45932
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...tm_source=t.co

Quote:
HOUSTON — Raymond Felton said it’s unfair to compare him with Jeremy Lin. Because there’s no comparison.

Felton, Lin’s successor and the Knicks’ new point-guard engine, can once and for all stifle Linsanity talk around the Big Apple when the Knicks meet the struggling Lin tonight at Toyota Center.

Felton likes his resume better and clearly is having the better season. It hit rock bottom for Lin on Wednesday night when he got benched in favor for ex-Knick Toney Douglas after a five-turnover, 2-of-9 horror show. Douglas led the Rockets (5-7) to victory over the Bulls.

Paul J. Bereswill

Raymond Felton

Even Lin admitted yesterday he’s been “exposed’’ so far. Linsanity is on life support.

“We’re two different players,’’ Felton said. “I’ve been in this league eight years. He’s been in this league half of a year coming into a year now. I definitely don’t see how anybody can compare me and him together. I’ve been in the league way longer, got a much more body of work. He had a great run last year — one of the best I’ve ever seen. I’m glad he got his money. I would never hate him about that. But to compare me and him, we’re two different players.’’

Lin isn’t ready to disagree Felton has been the perfect find for the Knicks while he experiences growing pains at age 24 coming off March knee surgery.

The undrafted penetrating point guard out of Harvard admitted he doesn’t have the same explosiveness of last season when he authored Linsanity that landed him on Sports Illustrated’s cover two straight weeks. The wild attention made some Knicks players jealous of his global icon status, notably Carmelo Anthony.

Yesterday, there was no more than 10 media members at Rockets practice. The NBA’s first Asian-American is averaging 10 points, 6.3 assists, 2.8 turnovers and shooting a dreadful 33.3 percent.

“I’ve been exposed a lot early on in the season and I have a lot to work on,’’ Lin said. “I’m young. I’ve probably started 30-something games my entire career. I felt better before [the surgery,] but it’s just a process. We have three days off after [tomorrow] and there’s going to be a lot of things I’m going to do for my leg, knee. Just explosive stuff we’re trying to work on. That will come eventually.

“It’s ironic that it’s Thanksgiving because it’s a good reminder to be thankful for everything I have,’’ Lin added. “I’m going to go out there on Friday and just play my heart out.’’

Felton, who said on media day he had a “big chip’’ on his shoulder, cringes when Lin’s name comes up.

“The chip on my shoulder has nothing to do with Jeremy Lin at all,’’ Felton said. “The chip on the shoulder is for me. It got nothing to do with him. I couldn’t care less about what he got going on in Houston.’’

Indeed, even Lin’s former Knicks teammates speak in a detached way about him. His lone true friend left on the club is Steve Novak. Mike Woodson has refused to talk about Lin in the past. After the Dallas loss Wednesday night, a public-relations official cut off the coach’s postgame talk prematurely before reporters could ask him about Lin.

J.R. Smith said in July as the Knicks mulled Houston’s revised 3-year, $25.1 million offer sheet he felt other veteran players were more worthy of the money.

“We got a lot of veteran guys been around league long enough to be able to let stuff like that go,’’ Smith said. “That’s Jeremy’s situation. I really don’t care what his situation is. He doesn’t wear a Knick uniform anymore. We got all the pieces we have here. I don’t think we have to revert to who was here last year.’’

Anthony said nobody’s looking back at Lin.

“I’m pretty sure he’s content and happy where he’s at,’’ Anthony said. “We’re happy we’re winning. I have no complaints about what our front office did this offseason, acquiring the guys they did.”

“It was crazy [last year],’’ Melo added. “I was a big part of it. With Raymond, we talk about it here and there, but it’s not something he was worried about.’’

Knicks fans were furious in mid-July when the team didn’t match the offer sheet and signed Felton, 28.

“I think he’s done a great job,’’ Lin said. “I don’t know any specific numbers, but I know they’re winning and I know he’s done a great job for them. I think he is a great fit for them. He’s really good and he came back really motivated this season and deserves a lot of that credit.

“They’re playing really well and I’m not playing nearly as well as I wish I was,’’ Lin said.

As far as the resentment, Lin said, “I didn’t sense that to my face. I’m not sure how they felt. It’s kind of something none of us could control. The way it happened, it happened. Nobody wished for any of it. I’m thankful it all worked out and everything happened the way it was supposed to.

“Everybody has their own specific contract and opinion if they’re worth it or not,’’ Lin added. “Whether I’m overvalued or undervalued, it’s not my concern as long as I’m trying to reach my potential.’’
Tonight we see what Lin is really made of. Will he bounce back or not?

Sponsored Link
shayan is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
shayan
shayan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsshayan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsshayan is Omer Asik -- working the boardsshayan is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50149
HE is No doubt better than Lin.

napalm_black is online now Old 11-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900
There is way too much pressure on Lin. I actually feel for the guy.

That being said, I'm expecting poor shooting and a tough game with the defense keying on him and exploiting his weaknesses.

Lets go Rockets.

Angkor Wat is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
Umm I was trying to find the quote in the article, but couldn't. Can anyone help me out?

Karolik is online now Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
Karolik
Karolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44968
They put the quote in the title but not the article? And Felton is right, He is better than Lin. Prove me wrong Lin.

addictionary is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
addictionary
addictionary is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52227
lin looks overwhelmed by the **** pile of expectations. we should give the guys some space.

durvasa is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
The title of this thread should change, because it gives the wrong impression on what Felton actually said.

Phillyrocket is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Phillyrocket
Phillyrocket is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPhillyrocket is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPhillyrocket is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPhillyrocket is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPhillyrocket is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPhillyrocket is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4640
Why is this news? Water is wet, the sky is blue, Lin is the worst starting pg in the NBA.

TebowTime is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
TebowTime
TebowTime is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50315
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictionary View Post
lin looks overwhelmed by the **** pile of expectations. we should give the guys some space.
Overwhelmed? He played in NY in the biggest media stage and decided to sign a 25 million dollar contract. Please, I don't that buy that lame-ass excuse.

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolik View Post
They put the quote in the title but not the article?
It's a classic NY Post thing to do. They sensationalize everything. There is a 50 / 50 chance those words were even said by Raymond Felton, and not just invented by the author as creative license.

addictionary is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
addictionary
addictionary is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52227
Quote:
Originally Posted by TebowTime View Post
Overwhelmed? He played in NY in the biggest media stage and decided to sign a 25 million dollar contract. Please, I don't that buy that lame-ass excuse.
then he is having too much sex. what else?

VanityHalfBlack is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2009
Member: #42029
If this doesn't fire up Linsanity 2.0, then Lin is not ready for Prime Time T.V

durvasa is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeard View Post
It's a classic NY Post thing to do. They sensationalize everything. There is a 50 / 50 chance those words were even said by Raymond Felton, and not just invented by the author as creative license.
More like a 0/100 chance, because if he said it then they would have quoted him directly.

JayGoogle is online now Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Felton really wasn't disrespecting Lin or anything. If anything gave him props. Felton said pretty much that he is the more experienced PG and has done more over a longer period of time and he's right...but...

Quote:
“I’ve been exposed a lot early on in the season and I have a lot to work on,’’ Lin said.
First time I've heard a player say they have been 'exposed'.

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
ClutchFans poster durvasa on Friday: "I'm no doubt better than Jeremy Lin."
Woah!

HMMMHMM is offline Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207
Felton has been playing better, but he still isn't very good himself. I wouldn't want him on my team. Guy is pretty unlikable.

That said, most players think they're better than most other players even if they're clearly not and in this case Felton at least has a case.
I never thought Lin was all that, but I do think he is better than he has been playing and I haven't given up hope that he'll improve as the season goes on.

napalm_black is online now Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900
Scott Machado thinks he is no doubt better than Raymond Felton.

pippendagimp is online now Old 11-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
funny thing is, felton still sucks

GoRockets! is offline Old 11-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
GoRockets!
GoRockets! is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52366
Sensational title from a tabloid newspaper NY Post to just grab eyeballs. What else is new?

Patience is offline Old 11-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #20
Patience
Contributing Member
Patience is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPatience is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPatience is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPatience is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3684
Totally misleading title. I don't have any major problem with what Felton actually said. Actually all of the quotes are fairly mild and diplomatic.