1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. cyberx

cyberx Member

I just know that ORL is trying to keep everyone happy and have an everyone wins situation. That will not happen though because you can't trade the best center and get equal value.

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

This is all a game of leverage...

I think it's best FOR EVERYONE to do a 3way with the Lakers where Houston gets Bynum. Each team (Rockets and Lakers) absorb a bad contract each. (Richardson/Turk).

Houston sends out some prospects and expiring contracts. LA sends out their expiring contact or 2 as well.

3. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Any timetable?

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

Nope... Nada...

I will call a few people soon but everyone has an agenda. I am only as good as what they tell me. Im not Hennigan or Dwight, so at this point, its tough.

5. StripedPajamas

How would that be fair if Houston is giving up more for Bynum than for Dwight? In a 3-way trade scenario, wouldn't Houston have the leverage since without us, the deal would not happen? And in that case, why would we have to give up more than the Lakers to get the second best player in the deal?

I'm not attacking, just hoping to get some more insight into the situation. Thanks for your information!

6. Nero

Nero Member

NO I think it's pretty clear that if we get Bynum then we give up less.

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I'm starting to wonder about this. If Orlando keeps Howard, his options are limited just as they would be if he were dealt here. Which is why I think Hinnigan is trying to keep howard.

The question Hennigan has to pose to Howard is whether he would rather be stuck in Houston, or rebuild his relationships in Orlando. At this point, Howard must understand his options are limited.

8. StripedPajamas

Woops, I phrased my question horribly! I meant why would we give up more to get Bynum than the Lakers would to get Howard. Thanks for catching that!

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Of course we'd give up less for Bynum, he's a lesser player. We would also be facilitating another super team and making our path to a championship harder. Just because Bynum is cheaper doesn't mean it makes more sense for us. With that logic, we might as well go sign Nazr Mohammed since he'd be cheaper than both. We want the best center, so we are prepared to pay more for him.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

getting damaged goods (bynum) is not what's best for houston. gotta think morey will either get howard or stand pat..

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not attacking, but that is not in the best interest of the Rockets.

The last couple of days it has really seemed like your agenda (if you have one) is to get Dwight to LA at the Rockets expense. Well, I'm not having it and I hope the Rockets don't either.

Dwight can find a home in Houston or good luck in the offseason getting what you want where you want it.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

So basically use Houston and its assets to reload the Lakers? Mmmmkay.

Dwight or bust...not Dwight or busted knees.

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

I have no agenda! It does not matter to me either way :) I am just telling you what I am hearing.

14. Garner

Garner Member

And this guy is going to carry out his agenda, which would literally swing $100s of millions of dollars from one business to the next, one post at a time?

It's just a guy talking on the Internet- take it or leave it

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

It just doesn't make sense to me. We all know Morey has been relentlessly chasing Howard. I just can't imagine Morey would just settle for Bynum when he is in the driver's seat of this Howard negotiation.

I am not doubting your credidiblity but I am really confused.

16. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yeah because I meant cyberx was going to get Dwight in LA via clutchfans. :rolleyes: Come on man really??

cyberx, I really do appreciate all the info, it just seems as though the last day or two, you're basically saying Houston, take Bynum and be happy because Dwight doesn't want you. That's fine, I just don't think Houston needs to settle. If it's Dwight Houston wants then that's who they should be after.

No way the Rockets should give up their assets to assist the Lakers at getting the best center in the league. I couldn't care less if Fegan, Addidas or whomever is going to get butt hurt about Dwight being in Houston if it happens. The Rockets want the best player so that's who they should go
    after.

The Rockets are in the business of winning titles, so it may not be as sexy a landing spot as it once was, who cares. Rockets land that one star and Houston is instantly sexy again.

Once again cyberx, I'm not attacking you. I sincerely appreciate the insight, it's welcomed. I just don't care about making other teams better, especially the Lakers and on our dime.

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

And this is why the Lakers called The Cavs

18. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yeah and why wouldn't they, the Lakers have to exhaust all possibilities if Dwight is that important to them.

Thanks for everything. This is the first thread I check when I wake in the morning, please keep it coming.

1 person likes this.
  19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If you are Orlando would you take the Cavs offer over the Rockets? Sideshow Bob and some mid-round picks? that's what Orlando wants to build with?

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

reasoning with fakers fans is a futile exercise