ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > 2014 NBA Draft

2012 Draft Combine Thread
Tags:  2012, basketball, draft, houston rockets Tags
dobro1229 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #141
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
I am pretty sure there are agents put there talking to the likes of Ingram. Dan Fegan, the agent to KMart, CLee and Dwight Howard, is likely annoyed with the Rockets now. But it's a business and you play hard ball sometimes. Fegan himself played hardball to try and get his client Yi to a big market.
What action/reaction/ or non action could the Rockets staff be doing that would make agents really think that they are truely "clueless" at the combine? Im interested to hear what that might be.

Sponsored Link
jopatmc is offline Old 06-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #142
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
My bad. It was at a recent Pacers workout.
If I were an NBA personnel guy, I'd be trying to line up Draymond in a scrimmage with some NBAers and see how he performs against some substantial NBA talent. I can see Green being able to dominate a couple other first round prospects. Simply because of his intensity level and approach to the game. I questioned the source of that comment because it rings true to me.

The only questionmark with this guy is size and athletic issues. Everything else is there and there is no doubt in my mind that if I were going to war to win a championship, I'd want a whole bench full of guys with Green's skills, bball iq, attitude, intensity, heart, and approach to the game. And I'd take all those attributes over size and athleticism every time. This guy screams baller to me.

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

J.R. is offline Old 06-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #143
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628

-------------------------------------------------------

Rashmon is offline Old 06-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #144
Rashmon
Contributing Member
Rashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1537
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMMHMM View Post
If you believe all this chatter out there, there is a chance Lamb could fall to #14.

His media interviews were far from impressive (and led me to question my selection of Lamb as one of the 3 guys of this draft I really like), but at #14 he's a no-brainer IMO.
Based on that interview, he's a no-brainer at any pick.

jopatmc is offline Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #145
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashmon View Post
Based on that interview, he's a no-brainer at any pick.

You got that right. I wouldn't take that guy at 30. I may take a flyer on him in the second round. But no guaranteed contract for sure.

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

dobro1229 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #146
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
What!!... who in the Rockets organization, especially at the top would compare him to Josh McRoberts? Morey himself always goes out of his way to say how he hates the comparisons on young players they are tagged with. Anyone who compares him to McRoberts has no idea what they are talking about and has probably never seen him play a game of basketball. No disrespect to McRoberts, but other than their size, and athletic ability they aren't even close.

srrono is offline Old 06-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #147
srrono
srrono is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47183
dont know if was posted but here are 2012 NBA Draft Combine Measurements
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/combine

Rudyc281 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #148
Rudyc281
Rudyc281 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49114
F bill Ingram

ironariza is offline Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #149
ironariza
ironariza is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #47203
[QUOTE=coachbadlee;6905458]My bad. It was at a recent Pacers workout.[/QUO

you believe what the pacers waht you believe
i had that clip, and mix it to another chip ,together.

you should watch the pacers workout interview, read the faces and words

RV6 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #150
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
So someone is trying to scare players away from Houston?

Are the numbers from day two out yet? vertical, speed, etc?

Dr of Dunk is offline Old 06-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #151
Dr of Dunk
Clutch Crew
Dr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDr of Dunk is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #676
Damn, Royce White's got bigger hands than Greg Smith.

*EDIT* : Well, now I'm reading his hands are half-an-inch smaller than Smith's. Different sites are saying different things, but the dude's got some huge hands.

Ronnie Brewer is my favorite Rocket of all time!

Last edited by Dr of Dunk; 06-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.

RV6 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #152
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
Thomas Robinson measured a 35.5 inch vert. Very good for a player his size. Blake Griffin also has a 35.5
Quote:
Damian Lillard really helped himself last 2 days. Shot ball well. Competed. Just measured with a 36" inch standing and 40" full vertical.

Quote:
Sam Amick
Comedy from the Combine: the Harrison Barnes from North Carolina on the strangest question he was asked in team interviews: "Someone said, 'If the players on the coaching staff all go out at 2:30, will you come out with us?' I was like, 'oh.'...I said, 'Well, I might have to pass on that.' And they said, 'Well, but what if we're in Miami?' And I said, 'No, I'd have to pass.'"

Lillard reminds me a bit of Francis for some reason...in a good way.

ironariza is offline Old 06-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #153
ironariza
ironariza is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #47203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr of Dunk View Post
Damn, Royce White's got bigger hands than Greg Smith.

*EDIT* : Well, now I'm reading his hands are half-an-inch smaller than Smith's. Different sites are saying different things, but the dude's got some huge hands.
His hands are as quick as Artest

JMAD21 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #154
JMAD21
JMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44870
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
Lillard reminds me a bit of Francis for some reason...in a good way.
I could see that... Nice catch

GunsUP!!!

Follow me on twitter- @joshreed21

Jet036 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #155
Jet036
Jet036 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43249
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...&draft=0&sort=

Wow, players are smaller than I thought...also the average no step vert for PGs is less than 30''

Select '2012' - the average PG bench press is 11.3 and the average C bench press is 11.7WTF

roslolian is offline Old 06-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #156
roslolian
roslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet036 View Post
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...&draft=0&sort=

Wow, players are smaller than I thought...also the average no step vert for PGs is less than 30''

Select '2012' - the average PG bench press is 11.3 and the average C bench press is 11.7WTF
These players are roughly the same age and roughly at the same developmental stage. If they all have top of the line training regimens they should basically have the same strength, bench press is related more to muscle mass and you can't really lift a lot of heavy weights if you're still a growing boy. Bench press doesn't really matter anyway, just ask KD.

dje243 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #157
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
Bill Ingram is one person i will NEVER follow on twitter. He spews nothing but unfounded hypothetical opinions and has the nerve to pretend to be a legitimate journalist.

dje243 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #158
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
Also, why would ANYONE from the rockets organization ever talk to ingram in the first place. The guy is on the outside looking in. What better way to get back at them than to mine for negative comments from agents whose players are also on the outside looking in...

anthony59237 is offline Old 06-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #159
anthony59237
anthony59237 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44835
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMMHMM View Post
If you believe all this chatter out there, there is a chance Lamb could fall to #14.

His media interviews were far from impressive (and led me to question my selection of Lamb as one of the 3 guys of this draft I really like), but at #14 he's a no-brainer IMO.
he has no brains lol. but seriously, if he slipped to 14 or 16, I would consider him with the #16 pick

HMMMHMM is offline Old 06-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #160
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Member: #47207
Some combine/draft chatter from Portland.

Quote:
CSNNW.com has learned the Portland Trail Blazers are high on Weber State's point guard Damian Lillard, University of Illinois' center Meyers Leonard, North Carolina's wing Harrison Barnes, and Kentucky's wing Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

One league executive said Lillard is climbing the charts and if the Trail Blazers were to pass on him at No. 6, they don't think he'll be around at No. 11 at this rate.

I have been told the Trail Blazers will pick the best player available at No. 6 and that might not be Lillard.

Surprisingly, Kidd-Gilchrist, who's considered by many as a top three selection, says he's scheduled to workout for the Trail Blazers sometime next week.

Is someone thinking about trading up?

[...]

A player the Trail Blazers/many teams were disappointed in was Connecticut’s wing Jeremy Lamb. He was known as a sharp-shooter, but wasn't able to knock down his perimeter shot on a consistent level during drills.

Many of the prospects came to the Chicago Pre-Draft combine out of shape and wasn't able to perform at a high level, a NBA team official said. I was told most of these college prospects hire personal workout personnel who help them develop their individual game, tell them how great they are, but don't implement the conditioning aspect, the same official said.

[...]

One player (who will be a top 10 pick and shall remain nameless) said, “I would love to play for a city like Portland and play alongside LaMarcus and be coached by Nate McMillan.”

I'm not giving this information out for laughs and giggles, I just think it's important to know which players do their homework and are educated on the teams they could possibly fall to.

That's not to say someone who doesn't know anything about the Trail Blazers won't become a great player in this league, it's just good to have a clue to what type of person/player you're getting involved with.

Off the vibe I'm getting now, if the draft was today, [B]I think the Trail Blazers would select Lillard at No. 6. But if Barnes or Drummond are on the board, I think you have to take one of them.

No. 11 is a little is tricky right now. Leonard was the favorite to be there before this combine, but he has established himself as one of the centers with the most upside in this draft. He [B]could be a top eight pick now. I'm still going to go with Leonard at No. 11 but keep an eye out for Jones, too.
http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingbl...12&feedID=5212