1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man dies then wakes up at his own funeral

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

probably wasnt a heart attack that we are accustomed to, maybe some sort of irregular heart beat that led to some sort of arrhythmia that led to some heart failure?

2. trustme

trustme Member

HOCM induced syncope?

3. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

He's one lucky b*stard. If it's wasn't for the third world doctor he would be dead. Over here if he wasn't dead, but after the autopsy he would definitely will be.

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah, I too wondered how he came to this conclusion...I guess dentists know a lot about cardiology...

[​IMG]
    It would seem that recovery from a heart attack would be more successful for a younger person, I guess the old folks are better in that respect according to rezdawg.

#24 Severe Rockets Fan, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Again, what dentist story?? I'm way out of the loop on this one.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bad living and diet habits.

[​IMG]

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

you dont hear about some soccer players that had heart attacks?
    and people here asking about the guy being in coma, probably didnt hear about Fabrice Muamba, (24 years old) he is a soccer player, that had a cardiac arrest, and his heart stopped for about 78 mins, but he recovered and he is ok now.
    Or about the italian player (25 years old) that died of a heart attack.

Both of these players were healthy, and collapsed in the middle of a soccer game.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

In dental school, our first two years were shared with the medical students, as far as the basic sciences is concerned (Human physiology, gross anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, etc...). So yes, I went to dental school, but I have the same basic science background as the medical students that graduated from Boston University.

It is abnormal for a 20 year old male to have a heart attack, but if they do, there is more to the story than just a typical blocked coronary artery. There are underlying issues that are severe enough for someone of that age to be getting a heart attack in the first place. Therefore, when they do have a heart attack, they are obviously in such a compromised position to start with, that their ability to survive drops drastically. A more mature heart can also handle the "shock" experienced by the reduction in oxygen supply to the muscles better than a heart that is in a younger adult. Now, Im not talking about an 87 year old male compared to a 34 year old. Im talking about the 60-70 range.

How many times have we seen athletes in high school or college drop dead from a heart attack? Its happened quite a bit in recent years. How many of those players that got a heart attack on the football field or basketball court survived? Very, very few compared to the others that died.

1 person likes this.
  9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Sounds like rezdawg just owned the s**t out of you guys.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nope. I just want to know about the fake dentist story. :(

11. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  13. trustme

trustme Member

Have you heard of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy? That's what those young athletes die of when they are on the field/court. Caused by a hypertrophied septum there is an outflow obstruction. The actual cause of sudden death is ventricular fibrillation which most likely occurs during times of extreme exertion. It is NOT a heart attack.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yes, I understand...the term heart attack is broadly used in 99% of the news stories you read. That's exactly why I said when a 20 yr old dies, its more than just a typically blocked coronary artery (which is closer to the definition of a heart attack...or myocardial infarction).

15. trustme

trustme Member

That makes more sense.