ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

View Poll Results: Do you NOW think that we should've kept Jordan Hill?
Yes- at least he can rebound 188 41.05%
No- Patrick is a beast 270 58.95%
Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

Patrick Patterson vs ...
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, jordan hill, nba, patrick patterson, poll, t-will, trade Tags
Mr. Space City is offline Old 04-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #61
Mr. Space City
Mr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2009
Member: #41635
patterson makes jordan hill look like dennis rodman

Sponsored Link
jocar is offline Old 04-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #62
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
PPat's got wayyyy more bball i.q. and can still learn new moves b/c he has a natural shot stroke. Plus, he's still hurtin- his 2nd surgery should fix that. It's hard to see Hill getting any better.

ashishduh is offline Old 04-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #63
ashishduh
Contributing Member
ashishduh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodashishduh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46962
Hill was terrible as a starter, he exclusively excelled against opposing benches. Patterson has had to play big minutes against opposing starters this year, especially in the 4th. I liked Hill but comparing their stats/play this year is impossible due to this. This is why Hill was this year's Thabeet in the Lakers deal, just a throw in to match salaries.

Last edited by ashishduh; 04-20-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Mr. Space City is offline Old 04-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #64
Mr. Space City
Mr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2009
Member: #41635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Space City View Post
patterson makes jordan hill look like dennis rodman
14 points 13 rebounds

FTW Rockets FTW is offline Old 04-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #65
FTW Rockets FTW
Contributing Member
FTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49046
Hill then and Hill now. Poor lad did not get to play his natural position of PF

solid is offline Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #66
solid
Contributing Member
solid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2406
I would like to see neither one of them again in a Rockets uniform.

Rocket Guy is offline Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #67
Rocket Guy
Rocket Guy is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18855
Will Patterson ever be the player Brandon Bass is?

thetatomatis is offline Old 05-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #68
thetatomatis
thetatomatis is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finethetatomatis is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finethetatomatis is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46247
They are both not world beaters. I dont care abut guys who could literally be switched as role players in and out to that big of a deal.

Naija Texan is offline Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #69
Naija Texan
Naija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNaija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38304
I personally liked Jordan Hill's potential more then Patterson's.

That being said, while Patterson lacks a solid offensive game (similiar to Hill) and he doesn't rebound, he is still a better defensive player. He is basically Chuck Hayes but a little taller and less tough, but he isn't useless if you put him on the floor against another team's small lineup.

I don't see Patterson in the Rockets future unless they get someone besides Scola that can score with some post moves and/or get rebounds when he is on the court. Having a player like Patterson isn't bad but he is a role player at best unless he suddenly develops more offensive moves besides the outside jumper from 12 ft and that horrible lob that the tv announcers call a skyhook out of pity.

arjun is offline Old 05-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #70
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
Ppat is NOT a beast...but holy **** yes i'd take him over jordan hilll..

meh is offline Old 05-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #71
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Patterson still has the oh-so-important "potential" attached to him. Jordan Hill? A lot less so. Their career path may end up similar, but as of right now Patterson is much more likely to breakout.

napalm_black is offline Old 05-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #72
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900
Where's the option for "no, Hill is expendable regardless of Patterson"?

bro2044 is offline Old 05-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #73
bro2044
bro2044 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33373
"potential" talk is boring. MOST of the time Hill was terrible. Patterson will not be remarkable, I could care less either way - but I watched Hill every game and I could care less about his "potential" because who knows when that would even come to fruition.

and if he never plays much better, maybe his potential is below average-to-average NBA player.

JD88 is offline Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 AM   #74
JD88
JD88 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJD88 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2012
Member: #50920
I didn't follow the NBA much this year, but for those who are doubting Patterson, he will turn into a special player. He went from being the star at UK alongside Jodie Meeks to being the 3rd option behind JWall and DCousins. He did it willingly in order to win a championship. His numbers were above average, his %s were fantastic, and his heart and motor are special.

He just played his second season, and plays behind Scola. He got (again I didn't watch much so going purely off stats) 8 and 5 in 23 minutes off the bench. He shot 44% from the field which isn't great and could improve, but its not THAT bad. He's been an NBA player barely 100 games. I saw him as a college player and he was one of my favorite players to ever play for UK because he's about as unselfish as it gets and puts the team first. Give him some time to develop and let him get his confidence up, and I guarantee you in 3-5 years you will have a solid (16,8) starting PF.

IzakDavid13 is offline Old 05-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #75
IzakDavid13
Contributing Member
IzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48018

Vs

...and the winner is =

JORDAN 'Mr Double Double' Hill!

'Man, this is a great spot for me. A great town, great organization.' They're going this way (points up)." - Dwight Howard

plutoblue11 is offline Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #76
plutoblue11
plutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2006
Member: #19851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bro2044 View Post
"potential" talk is boring. MOST of the time Hill was terrible. Patterson will not be remarkable, I could care less either way - but I watched Hill every game and I could care less about his "potential" because who knows when that would even come to fruition.

and if he never plays much better, maybe his potential is below average-to-average NBA player.
If we do trade Patterson in the offseason, I wonder if prospective will admit that they have a hole at power forward.

Well, @guardian it makes for a nice change...at least I didn't wake up to the internet telling me I was dead again.

Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) February 18, 2014

WinkFan is offline Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #77
WinkFan
Contributing Member
WinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodWinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzakDavid13 View Post

Vs

...and the winner is =

JORDAN 'Mr Double Double' Hill!
9 double doubles in 170 games.

Jordan Hill can rebound.
Patterson can hit an 18 foot jumper and play slightly above average defense.

So the answer is we should get rid of both of them.

Aruba77 is offline Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #78
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
we should trade Morris and/or Patterson, especially if we can't find a taker for Scola's bloated contract.

cod is offline Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #79
cod
cod is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecod is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46952
Whoa, just read something about PPatt. He had a "Greg Oden" photo moment leaked a year ago? If that was true, the Rockets sure did a good job of sweeping it under the carpet.