ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: The red-hot start for the Houston Rockets

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Confirmed] Chuck Hayes has 4 year, $20M offer from Sacramento
Tags:  610, basketball, chuck hayes, houston rockets, nba, put your shirt back on, queen, sacramento Tags
htownrox1 is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #221
htownrox1
htownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
I like Chuck. Wasn't the tallest, wasn't the most skilled, but he put everything on the court.

You can't say you weren't rooting hard when he was close to hitting the triple double, and then we he scored the final points, you know you were out of your seats.
I was actually lucky enough to attend that game. It was against the Warriors I think. I haven't heard that crowd that loud since the playoffs.

Sponsored Link
Balakoth is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #222
Balakoth
Balakoth is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48453
If its true im both happy and sad to see him go. I think he will be a great addition to the kings. I am gonna miss screaming CHUCKWAGON! CHUCKAPOCOLYPSE! CHUCKSTOPHER! at my t.v.

Nook is online now Old 12-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #223
Nook
Nook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32535
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdngyns69 View Post
Black goes well with everything.
Someone lied to you.

makman is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #224
makman
makman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownrox1 View Post
I was actually lucky enough to attend that game. It was against the Warriors I think. I haven't heard that crowd that loud since the playoffs.

I went and had to explain to my gf what a triple double was and how he never had one, good memory.

WALAWALA is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #225
WALAWALA
Rookie
WALAWALA is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33854
For years Morey can't get true center. Now he let the undersize center go (he could have sign him with less money earlier)

Unless he wants to save the money to overpay someone.

infinitidoug is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #226
infinitidoug
infinitidoug is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47248
(Insert every profanity ever conceived in any language here)!!!!!!!!

SuperMarioBro is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 AM   #227
SuperMarioBro
SuperMarioBro is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20082
This is the worst news I've gotten in a long while... Can Morey still match?

Really disappointing. For that price, Chuck is absolutely worth keeping around as a backup PF/C (assuming we find a more fitting starting C).

DaDakota is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #228
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Look if Morey would not offer Gortat $5 million a year, there is no way he would offer Hayes that much.

DD

roslolian is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #229
roslolian
roslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneroslolian is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34579
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDakota View Post
Look if Morey would not offer Gortat $5 million a year, there is no way he would offer Hayes that much.

DD
Hayes played 5M worth last year, and since he's still kinda young I'm sure his game would still be growing. I'm definitely going to be disappointed with DM if he doesn't match this very reasonable contract offer. 5M for a starter quality PF/backup C isn't bad at all.

makman is offline Old 12-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #230
makman
makman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5662
Quote:

DD
"I would say he's close to gone from Houston," Andrews said. "I didn't say gone. Close."

Andrews said Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said he was not ready to make an offer but still could.

"He asked me for time," Andrews said. "I don't know if we can give it.

"I think (Thursday) all this stuff has to come to a head. We will see."

I agree though, if Morey was going to pay that much he would've already. The guy deserves to get paid bottom line.

J.R. is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #231
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #32628
Thabeet making as much as Hayes(or Hayes just now making as much as Thabeet.)

That's sad

People want Thabeet over Hayes.

Ha, that's even sadder. That's crazy.

All the best to you Chuck. Get to go 'home' and won't have to worry about being treated like an asset.

mr. 13 in 33 is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #232
mr. 13 in 33
mr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #47563

rju1986 is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:20 AM   #233
rju1986
rju1986 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #47303
He deserves the money. We'll miss you Chuck! I know I will :/

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #234
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #32179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaptjack View Post
For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Heat didn't go after him. Don't they have the full MLE to work with (even before they amnesty cut Miller).

He would be the perfect starting C alongside Bosh.
because Chuck is not a presence in the middle. He doesn't protect the basket.

The Heat have the same problem we have and Hayes isn't the answer.

rn_xw is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #235
rn_xw
rn_xw is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16556
NOOOOOOO! I thought Kings were suppose to be our farm team!!

cod is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #236
cod
cod is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finecod is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46952
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaptjack View Post
For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Heat didn't go after him. Don't they have the full MLE to work with (even before they amnesty cut Miller).
They already have a taller and better Chuck Hayes on their team called Udonis Haslem.

ascaptjack is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #237
ascaptjack
ascaptjack is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodascaptjack is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Sep 2011
Member: #49574
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...sign-elsewhere

Quote:
HOUSTON - Free agent forward/center Chuck Hayes is moving closer to a decision on where he will play this season and it appears he is moving away from the Houston Rockets.

"I talked to (Rockets general manager) Daryl Morey tonight and they need more time," said Calvin Andrews, Hayes' agent, in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "So they are asking us for more time."

"I don't know if Chuck can give them more time beyond tomorrow morning probably."

ESPN reports Hayes has an offer from the Sacramento Kings for $20 million over four years.

"I think tomorrow is D-Day," Andrews said.

While Hayes' preference is to return to the Rockets, Houston management is working the free agent market which has included meetings with free agent centers Nene, Tyson Chandler and Samuel Dalembert.

knote32 is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 AM   #238
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Quote:
Originally Posted by cod View Post
They already have a taller and better Chuck Hayes on their team called Udonis Haslem.
That would make sense, If Udonis Haslem was better than Chuck Hayes...

knote32 is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #239
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Quote:

DD
Morey would be paying twice that for Gortat now.

And also, he payed Luis 9.

I'm not so sure that Luis Scola is better than Chuck Hayes... It certainly wasn't the case last year, in my opinion.

kidcave9 is offline Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #240
kidcave9
Contributing Member
kidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45975
Good luck Chuck.