ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

JVG Predicts Heat vs Rockets in the Finals!
Tags:  basketball, espn, houston rockets, nba, nba finals Tags
The Real Shady is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #21
The Real Shady
Contributing Member
The Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1554
JVG is a smart man. By saying this, and the Rockets don't go to the Finals, it would imply that he could have done a better job.

Sponsored Link
CoolStoryBros is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #22
CoolStoryBros
CoolStoryBros is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47594
He's a Homer, what did you expect?

coachbadlee is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #23
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Great minds think alike. Read the sig

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

coachbadlee is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #24
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStoryBros
He's a Homer, what did you expect?
Not really. He just knows this team.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

Felece is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
Felece
Felece is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47148
Lets replace Rick with JVG Atleast we'll get back to what we were as a defencive team

CoolStoryBros is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #26
CoolStoryBros
CoolStoryBros is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47594
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee
Not really. He just knows this team.
That's true.

But he lives in West U...so he's a homer.

DontTradeOswalt is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #27
DontTradeOswalt
DontTradeOswalt is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46626
I bet JVG is on Clutchfans all the time. Bring him back!!!!

Houston Rockets #1

Michael Jordan Approves Weed!

CXbby is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #28
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
Of course he would say that. Jeff is a YOF.

rock4ever is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #29
rock4ever
rock4ever is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44975
JVG isnt dumb ya'll. He doesnt really believe the Rockets will contend. He's putting pressure on the Rockets to have a fantastic season, creating unreasonable expectations. Fans get all excited and when it doesnt happen they'll be even more disappointed.

htownrox1 is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #30
htownrox1
htownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43851
Gotta love JVG.

Old Man Rock is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #31
Old Man Rock
Contributing Member
Old Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #913
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Shady
JVG is a smart man. By saying this, and the Rockets don't go to the Finals, it would imply that he could have done a better job.
We have a winner! That is exactly what he is doing. He does it ever year we have a legitimate shot.

He didn't do it last year because he thought we would suck big time without Yao and Adelman got more of that team then he would have ever done. JVG can't accept that his stint here was an utter failure. I do think he likes our team a bit too. But he put us behind 5 years.

As for a finals against the Heat... Man I have no idea how we could compete with them. I thought Orlando was going to be one of the best defensive teams in the league. Lebron and Wade made them cry tonight. They are 2 of the best defensive players in the league. They are 2 of the best 3 offensive players in the league. Yao would have to improve so much. Ilgauskus looks better than last year. Miller is injured and they are still learning how to play together. Yeah they won't make as many threes. But they played pathetic in Boston compared to tonight and then still hung tough. Maybe it was opening night and they just were running on energy but I gotta believe if they play like this I don't know who can beat them.

pge71188 is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #32
pge71188
pge71188 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodpge71188 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46656
JVG!!!!!!!!

Artie_Fufkin is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #33
Artie_Fufkin
Artie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArtie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46428
He goes on to say of the Thunder, "Let's not set expectations unrealistically." Nice.

durvasa is offline Old 10-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #34
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
There are some bitter people in this thread. Since he was fired, JVG has been nothing but classy in talking about the Rockets and the job Rick Adelman has done. Questioning his motives at this stage is ridiculous.

johnstarks is offline Old 10-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #35
johnstarks
johnstarks is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjohnstarks is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30299
I disagree with JVG. It'll be the Celtics and Rockets.

Prince is offline Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #36
Prince
Prince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41044
me too i was about to start the thread but i realized i can't create one

metalshred is offline Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #37
metalshred
metalshred is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #23128
Rockets in the Finals? :D

Would smell good

Evil Empire is offline Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #38
Evil Empire
Evil Empire is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33941
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsv8
Lets win a game first.
lol, this

treyk3 is offline Old 10-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #39
treyk3
Contributing Member
treyk3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodtreyk3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32002
Such a homer, I laughed so hard when he said that. I miss him being our coach for sure though--

jeffvangundy is offline Old 10-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #40
jeffvangundy
jeffvangundy is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36173
JVG is the man .