1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Quinnipiac poll: Obama is the worst president since WWII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jul 7, 2014.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

He will not be remembered as a poor President long term for a number of reasons. In 20-30 years the history books are going to be written by the younger generation, which related to Obama and thinks very highly of him. The elementary school libraries are full of books on Obama. Further, the fact he is bi-racial, the first non-white President and the first "modern President" all will be viewed positively long term.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Many have long suspected that his mixed race is the only thing he has going for him. Unfortunately the president's job requires so much more. What a disappointment he's been.

4. False

False Member

No, he is not alone is having cancer. Tons of people in his same boat would have benefitted, are benefitting or will benefit from Obamacare. Sorry BigTexxx, but people with pre-existing conditions have every right to talk and be protected under the law. You might not think that people who have pre-existing conditions like cancer deserve our sympathy or laws that protect them, but thankfully you are in a very slim minority (82 percent of respondents favored banning insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions). You got knocked on your ass by the very clear majority of Americans who support helping out people with pre-existing conditions. That's rough buddy, you have my sympathy.

5. bigtexxx

Totally off topic, champ.

You can address pre-existing conditions without having the rest of the abortion that is Obamacare.

We needed a common sense approach to healthcare -- we instead got the democrats ram-rodding through on a straight party line vote their turd of a plan.

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

But no one was, bigtexxx! That's the whole freaking point...

I'll be more direct this time. **** you, bigtexxx.

7. bigtexxx

Nope, you're 100% wrong, champ.

It was "Obamacare or bust". Straight party-line vote on the entire package. The republicans tried to use some common-sense reasoning with the left but the left used historic efforts to ram it through congress.

(and a pro-tip for you in the D&D: when you have to resort to cussing at other posters, you've lost any argument among adults...)

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even worse than Carter?

My my, elephants have short memories.

I wouldn't call it "managing", if by what you mean is let's not try anything new and let them sort it out on the ground while we launch drone strikes.

9. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Did anyone else see the article about the Obama's spending over $44m on vacations? $9k/night? They talked about how he has taken more days "on vacation" than any other president. Bush is second highest, just 3 days behind, but the word is that he spent much less because most of his vacations were at his ranch in Texas or his other place in Maine. A lawsuit had to be filed to obtain the information. Not sure if it takes inflation into account....

Obama has spent over 444 million on travel, more than any US president

President Barack Obama and his family have spent in excess of $44 million on travel expenses, according to a new report from the Daily Caller on Saturday. The report states that President Obama has spent more money on his leisure time – vacations and travel - while being the nation’s commander in chief than any other president in the history of the country. This story follows last week’s Quinnipiac Poll which names President Obama the worst president of the past 12 presidents over 69 years since World War II.

The total amount was calculated prior to this past weekend, the Fourth of July weekend. Obama is being referred to as the most well-traveled and expensive president the United States has ever seen. Supporters of the president who don’t accept such criticisms keep comparing to length of vacations to those of recent presidents such as George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and Ronald Reagan. While, time-wise, those presidents give Obama a good run for his time, they don’t give him a run for his taxpayers’ money spent, according to Yahoo! News.

President Obama is vacationing a lot, according to the report. Specifically, of the $44, 351,777.12 worth of expenses on travel, most of it is said to have been charged to the American taxpayers. Naturally, the president is worth $10 million, so he can't logically be paying for even near a quarter of that travel expense. As of four months ago – March 2014 – the current president has spent more time traveling internationally than any other president in history. He took 31 trips since assuming office in 2009. A total of 119 days overseas has cost American taxpayers millions upon millions of dollars. Comparatively, George W. Bush spent 116 days on 28 trips, Clinton spent 113 days on 27 trips, and Reagan spent 73 days on only 14 trips overseas.

The increased travel of our presidents – when critics assert that they are needed here at home more than elsewhere during their presidencies – is unexplained. Obama knows it is a point of contention for many Americans, yet he continues to travel overseas and vacation domestically. Obama has blown aboard Air Force One an incredible 172 times in 2010. This equates to almost every other day. Cost-wise, that is very expensive. The cost of the president flying on Air Force One to Obama’s home in Chicago costs approximately $180,000 per hour.

This report follow criticisms in the recent past of Obama’s dog even traveling on a separate plane to an Obama vacation location. Obama’s vacation travel with dogs and the family is in addition to his international travel. The vacations include travel to private clubs in Key Largo, his homeland of Hawaii, and presidential vacation along the exclusive beaches of New England.

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I'm not surprised. Obama has continued many of the same policies that GWB II first started---except now things are even more desperate because of the ****storm GWB II unleashed with illegal wiretaps, economic irresponsibility, torture networks in Iraq, dirty wars in Somalia/Afghanistan, deportation madness, and more.

Still, Obama deserves to be condemened for pursuing this line of policy, and not holding former Bu****es responsible for torture, and killings.

What America needs is a Warren-type, to repair the damage America's war policy, and financial deregulation has caused.

Unfortunately, many will posit that what America needs is an ideological aversion to science, data, and federal governments. The fun thing about this is that, for example, the shale gas developments these type of people trumpet were largely accomplished with federal funding---but let's not let anybody confuse who the "builders" truly are---look over there, the business people profiting off of public research!

11. adoo

adoo Member

let's itemize

W failed w the bail out of the financial industry; Obama succeeded

W vowed to get bin Laden, but couldn't. Obama got the terrorist.

during the last months of W's tenure, the US economy was losing hundreds of thousands of job monthly.
    under Obama, w much heavy lifting to clean up the damage done by the inept W, the US economy is gaining > 200,000 a month for 5 consecutive months; the US economy hasn't enjoyed this steady / continuous job growth since 1999​
    these achievements pale in comparison the passage of Obama Care

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

It's funny to see Obamabots run to their dear leaders aid when ANYONE is displeased with him. Guy could make one hell of a cult. Oh wait, he has.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

As a young guy, I can say the first is not necessarily true reading my facebook feed (understanding the scope that I'm from a conservative county in GA).

The 2nd point is unquestionably true. You would not expect history to be disparaging towards the first black President.

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

Obama is the worst president since WWII until the next Democrat president.

15. TheresTheDagger

Hows that hope and change working out for those Obama voters who obviously now regret their vote?

I love Obama. Cementing the Democratic Party legacy for the forseeable future. First stop....this coming November when they lose the Senate as well as the House.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Well, you may believe that but not in my experience. I live in a mostly white neighborhood, ages 40-retired. Whenever I'm out in the neighborhood chatting up the neighbors I hear the n word like it's going out of style. N word this and n word that and Obama is destroying America and on and on and on. One day I had the A/C guy over to do the yearly check and while his partner was doing something in the attic I ask the guy who owns the company about health insurance and how it affects him. He proceeds to kind of duck his head and and start to hush his tone as he tells me how he doesn't understand how black people drive such nice cars and how they always want to best A/C units. This was just totally random. This stuff happens to me all the time! So while this is anecdotal stuff the last few months there's a huge segment of older white people that are racist as hell. So when I read texxx and the usual suspects deriding Obama in such a weirdo way over and over as if it's an obsession, calling him Halfrican American, and claiming he's white because he went to college with white people... yes, I know very well why.

17. bigtexxx

the same old tired garbage from you.... "If you don't like Obama, you must be a racist."

no. I dislike Obama's policies and his pathetic leadership. I don't care if he's colored green, blue, or half white/half black. That's irrelevant.

18. CometsWin

Nope, I posted all the reasons why and those were two that you cherry picked in your usual manner completely ignoring the substance of the post to counter with non-substantive clown show rhetoric as you do, a lot.

Racial rage? LOL Dude, you need a psychiatrist.

19. CometsWin

Calling Obama Halfrican American and talking about how white or black he is surely has much to do with the quality of his policies and leadership. Nice job texxx. You've fooled us again.

20. bigtexxx

Nope.

Read more carefully. I said I DON'T care what color he is. It's his pathetic leadership and policies that are the problem.