1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Asik Trade Demand Doubles The Trouble For Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

3. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Clutch was this really in there before the WOJ article came out.

If the Rockets can’t make the kind of trade they need now, I wouldn’t be surprised if they Kyle Lowry-ed this thing, flipping Asik for an asset (first round pick) that would be more attractive to rebuilding teams for a follow-up move. Teams looking to the future are the ideal trade partners for Houston right now since they would be looking to unload win-now talent for draft considerations.

4. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Will the team traded for Asik own his bird right so that they can offer Asik more money???

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

You absolutely nailed it with the possibility of trading Asik for a pick. The way this is all going down is disappointing. I understand Asik being upset, but didn't think he would basically quit on the team.

Let's just hope Morey gets full value and hopefully then some.

6. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I wish asik all the best, he has served this team admirably and as Clutch said; he was one of the main reasons we made the playoffs.

I hope he finds a good fit somewhere and looks back on his brief time here with pride and happiness and not ill-feelings.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying Asik, we are proud of you and wish him success in the future

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

It'sHappening.gif?

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

In a way, aren't all of our days numbered?

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rajon Rondo here we come!!!

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Good article. It's a pity that they couldn't work something out with Asik so that he would behave like a professional and not shoot down his trade value. McHale should maybe have done a better job there.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Flip Asik for a pick? That seems risky unless the plan is to trade that pick for another player at the deadline. In any case, you can't have Asik pouting on the sideline. It's toxic.

12. JurisDoctorate

Good article Clutch.

Really disappointed in Asik. Totally thought the guy is about winning; now we find out he just wants to start.

Disappointed that he doesn't see that he could be part of a championship caliber team; instead he'd rather be a starter on a mediocre team else where.

13. DL24

DL24 Member

I don't know, I see Asik as important insurance for D12 who has become much more injury prone the last year (shoulder, back etc) after being indestructible for his first 8 years...the rockets are a very small team if Asik is traded and Dwight gets dinged up during the season

14. Carl Herrera

I don't think Asik's pouting has a noticeable impact on the Rockets play last night. Nobody missed a shot or committed a foul because Omer wasn't smiling.

It's not good that Asik is unhappy, but it's not like we haven't been here before many times. Spanoulis was unhappy. Bonzi Wells was unhappy. TMac was unhappy. Terrence Williams was unhappy. Kyle Lowry was unhappy. Kevin Martin was unhappy. Marcus Morris was unhappy. Royce White was unhappy. And these are just guys who came public about it.

No need to overreact.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It's pretty disappointing that Asik couldn't wait a another month for when the trade market opens up more.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, I can understand wanting to trade Asik, but fans getting all excited that he is demanding a trade don't realize the masochistic nature of their "It's Happening" euphoria.

It's not good that he's demanding a trade. Never is.

17. FacePalmMaster

Can't blame him, just wish him the best.

18. RRockets

RRockets Member

On a mediocre team where he can improve his skills. Bench warmer does not have a lot of opportunities to improve.

19. atwood

atwood Member

Wish the big fellow the best. He is a hard worker and a great defensive presence. He deserves a starting role in most of the teams.

20. Carl Herrera

So, after December 15th, a deal of

Asik+ Brewer+ Aaron Brooks (Brooks has the right to veto the deal, I think) for Carlos Boozer + Charlotte's 1st round pick

would work salary-wise.