1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League 2015!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

I guess smart move, he has better chance to get into Cavs rotation than into ours, but most likely he would end up playing in Europe.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Wiggins is playing in SL? That's surprising.

I don't know what to expect from Rockets in SL. Should have size that can run. Not many spots on Houston roster so may not be ideal for many undrafted guys. Guard play may be suspect.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

is llull going to be on our SL squad?

4. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

I'm looking forward to watching every single SL game. Any CF have the opportunity to attend this year?

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'll be there the 11th through the 15th.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm irrationally excited to watch a Summer League team with Capela, Dekker, Montrezl and Wood. I hope to god they find a point guard that can throw an oop.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He did last year. I'm not saying he will this year, but by CBA Rules, as a second yr player, he must attend if the team assigns him to it. And if I were him, I would request to play as much organized ball with Townes and Jones as possible.

And his first game last year had the highest ratings of any Summer League game ever. So the NBA will want him to, again. It's up to the Minn coaches.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IIRC, Kevin Durant played 3 years in summer league. Don't see why Wiggins won't play 2-3 games to test his alleged improved shooting and handles against live competition.

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

When do we know the signings for summer league? my boy d'angelo harrison might be coming up

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Miami's summer league team is gonna be loaded. Josh Smith and Juwan Howard?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Addd Juwan Howard Jr. to list of candidates for the Heat summer league roster. He went undrafted out of Detroit Mercy. Dad a Heat assistant.</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/615202697118134272">June 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former UCLA and Georgetown center Joshua Smith also invited to Heat's summer program. Listed at 350, conditioning has been an issue.</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/614787632615292928">June 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thanks for spilling the beans! :p

St. John’s D’Angelo Harrison to get his NBA shot at ‘home’

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

Is DMO playing this summer? Can't be sure he isn't until he finally isn't.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he just got back on a treadmill and took his first shot last week

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

if d Harrison can be somewhere between steve novak and luther head or best case cuttino mobley from rhode island

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Also, established players rarely play beyond their 2nd yr in the league. Notable exceptions are DMo last yr in order to prepare for his national team and Bev because he's crazy.

17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

checked the summer league game schedules...the yard stick game is game 1 versus d league all stars

18. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Dude I've watched Dee play since high school, dude has major heart, hustle, and can shoot the ball lights out at will. Just watch man he will become something special for us

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I'm just waiting to see the SL game that the ROX play against Toronto where Harrison might match up with his Johnnie team mate Phil Greene.

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member