1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Apache

Apache Member

trade lin lol

2. dxdx

dxdx Member

It's not miscalculation, it's a poor and stupid strategy.

Once you give the absolute bargaining power to the superstars and disregard player performance, you diminish all the players' need to be accountable for their performance, and legitimize their ability to call the shots simply based on status. It sets the precedent that as a superstar, I can do whatever I want because of my contract.

And the sad thing is that we are starting to see that now- from Dwight associating his failed free throws made as the team's failure, to Harden's defense and ISO plays, to the PG's lack of influence in the game, and to Parsons's "I need to be no. 3 on the team" mentality.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Just got back from the game.

No exaggeration: I haven't been among so many Asians since I went to Tokyo (different nationalities of course).

If we traded Lin we'd lose 30% of our fans.

Harden had no business being out there. There comes a point when you must tell your player "no, you won't play today".

Basically, our team is this: two centers tripping over each other and a bunch of three point shooters who, when they aren't hitting three pointers....

Meanwhile decent players rot on the bench. How Brewer would have helped on perimeter D today.

McHale, God love him, nice guy and all, this MUST be his last year as our "coach".

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If Lin plus fillers for Aldridge was available would you pull the trigger?

5. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

maybe Lin deliberately threw the 3rd quarter so he can get traded. maybe he wants out of this trainwreck. i heard he called his agent after the Laker loss.

6. yunac010

yunac010 Member

+1 He was the only one who played with heart. Glad to see him bounce back after last game. And I loved seeing him get under the skin of the notorious flopper.

7. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

that's exactly what's happening. stat can solve everything and I think Daryl miscalculated it letting Mchale carry on his tard "experiment" really messes everything up. If it's Daryl's own idea then it's on him. the Pandora box of political game in the locker room is opened and there is no way to reverse it. only drastic action like change coach or trade can solve the problem, however since pretty much everyone see what happened, there is hardly any coach willing to catch this hot mess, and the trade window is still months away it will only deteriorate. we better hope JVG is willing to come back to fix this with his iron hand, even he is not a good offense coach he is good for a short term solution.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'm afraid any guard you can trade for will be only equal to Lin or worst. No stupid GM with solid guards will trade them away.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

More impartial posting from the poster known as Linobli. One of the last true rockets fans!

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nobody except Harden looked particularly crappy tonight, imo -- and I think he's hurt. These kneejerk reactions are ridic. I do think he and Harden lack certain intangibles, though.

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

You're assuming that they're only there for Lin. Don't assume that.

12. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

Hell yeah. If Lin wasn't on the rox Harden would have been perfect from outside the arc this season. Lin just can't coexist with Harden. Lin just breathing in the stadium puts Harden's shot off.

13. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

You guys still dont get it do you? Turn overs, and nistakes happen in basketball games. This is why adjustments are made by the coaching staff.

Shooting slumps, injuries and other things happen hence coaches manage player's minutes and all.

Dont you guys realize mchail can't manage ***** right now?

14. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

Harden 9-24 last game 4-15 this game Lins fault
    Parsons had a bad hair day Lins fault
    walmart sells cheap Chinese products Lins fault

15. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Howard hurt his knee in the 3Q

Hardens foot got stiff

Lin's elbow got stiff

cant win when

1 option is hurt(Harden)

2 option is hurt(howard)

3 option is hurt(lin)

Mchale needs to adjust his lineups

16. RRockets

RRockets Member

If the team goes like this for 10 more games, McHale needs to think about his next job.

17. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me. Sooner Lin's gone the better. I bet Harden would be MVP, Dwight would be shoot 90% FTs, Parsons would be an All-Star, Bev would be DPOY, and McHale would be a friggin genius if it weren't for Lin.

18. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

That doesn't make sense. What GM would want him after seeing how badly he played in the 3rd?

Sure he did great in the first half, but a lot of people have short memories.

19. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

yeah cant wait, collision between stars is much better to watch than whipping a bench player, I'd rather rent a vivendi movie at least they whip a beautiful woman

20. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

no doubt this isn't the team where the "team leaders" take the blame for loses Howard and harden will be the first to point fingers. Van Gundy will tell u bout howard and I have never heard harden say he had a bad game. he always blames the team