1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 1 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets hiring Hakeem Olajuwon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 14, 2013.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

This off-season just keeps getting better

2. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Great news!!!! This will only benefit Dwight and the Rockets!

3. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Hakeem could still start over Dwight or Asik. Just being honest.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

lol hardly. did you watch his last season in Toronto? Olajuwon is the greatest C of alltime, but common now.

5. hbomb

hbomb Member

This can only ever be a good thing! ^__^

6. SSP365

SSP365 Member

i wonder how mchale feels about this. he's one of the best post players in history, yet they are hiring dream. i wonder if his post philosophy would clash with dream's.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Incorrect, good sir. Dream is the greatest player of all times. ALL TIMES.

He's won't take it personally. They're big boys, not 15 year old school girls. Besides, Dream and McSuccess both offer different things to Dwight.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Real recognizes real yo.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's difficult for a head coach to dedicate himself to one player. They're also not going to be acting in a vacuum, Mchale and Hakeem will be working together, not apart.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Why would he?!?!?!? Do you know how much free time NBA player has in the NBA season?!?!?!?!? I'm sure Dwight can squeeze some time with Hakeem before practice. He may teach him some footworks, even important is he can pass information on mental focus. This is a side job for Hakeem endorsed by the Rockets which is all it is. Not a Bickerstaff, or Sampson-type job.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Considering the team he gets to work with compared to the one he signed on with, I am sure McHale is currently spinning a top somewhere.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ksjTWm9XaII?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ksjTWm9XaII?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

12. koopa

koopa Member

I'm shocked that stephen the big mouth can get first dibs on insider information.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes! We have the best front court ever: Olajuwon and McHale.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He shoots over 80% in practice. It's mental with him.

I think Hakeem can help him with the physical and mental part of his game. I still think it was Hakeem that taught Lebron on how to be humble.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Everyone keeps talking about how Dwight needs to be improve and if he can improve. I think he can. But it's not about that...

Morey got Dwight to be Dwight, anything else is icing on the cake. At his worst he's the best center in the NBA.

Dwight does need to develop mentally. No, not toughness. And he doesn't need to learn to become a dick like Kobe, that's not his style.

He needs maturity and more importantly in my opinion - peace. Olajuwon learned to find peace with the game after 30. He'll help Dwight find that peace. Like when Xavier taught Magneto to find peace in X-Men First Class. Only then will Dwight be able to harness his full powers. Then we'll champions.

[​IMG]

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There is something to be said with:

Chemistry
    Confidence
    Consistency

Sports are as much mental as they are physical. Look at all great players. Look at Tiger ****ing Woods! Imagine the ridiculousness around a team like the Lakers.why do you think he wanted Phil Jackson back?!? I expect him to settle here and become a force.

17. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

His stamina is certainly not there to play full real games, but still, there is no center in today's league can catch/follow his moves. He will still get his shots off at will, as Yao Ming has witnessed in his short sessions with Dream.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

To stop him from training the competition!

Rocket River

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Any word on his official title?

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He'll be the first professional with an animated gif as their official title. His business cards run $80 a piece.

[​IMG]