1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

All I care is the Rockets, so F Westbrook...

4:2 Houston!

2. Reach

Reach Member

You're going to go on a team fan forum and tell us not to be homers? Tell us to stop being "rude" to the Thunder because it hurts your feelings? GTFO.

1 person likes this.
  3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If Pat actually dove at Westbrook's knee I would agree with you, but he just went for a steal and a minor collision ended up being a serious injury. He did not dive or aim for Westbrook's knee. That's like saying Ginobli was trying to get Brooks to land on his foot on that charge attempt at half court. Stuff just happens.

4. MonKing

MonKing Member

Exactly. No reason to be hating on WB or cheering injuries. But to make sure our posts make a fan of the other team happy. Getouttahere.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Total bummer... For Westbrook and the thunder... I always prefer beating someone with all their pieces but I expect at least one win more than I expected before :) hope he heals up quick

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's nothing reckless about it and there was no dive attempt at his knee.
    Patrick went for the ball and RW had an "oh ****" moment because he wasn't protecting the ball properly and had to quickly shift his knee out. It was the combination of both actions that caused the injury.

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yawn....

There wasn't anything wrong with what he did. It's called the playoffs for a reason.

8. L7N

L7N Member

"good" news

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Too bad they didn't have another young, explosive guard that could score 20 and run the offense...

Oh....

[​IMG]

10. likestohypeguy

Hey everyone, we have a GUEST FAN of another team here! Let's all focus our attention on welcoming him, & convincing him we're super nice guys who are really sad about all this, because he deserves an EXPLANATION and APOLOGIES for our "problem" posters, while we look at them with our hands on our hips wondering "What are we going to DO with you? (they're usually not like this!)"

11. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

So let me get this math straight.

1. I login to this forum for intelligent discussion.
    2. Your fans are ruthless to me from the get go.
    3. I get told countless times to GTFO.
    4. Russ gets hurt, a bunch of your fans cheer it.
    5. I say that's ridiculous in the name of sportsmanship.
    6. I'm told again to GTFO.

Haha. Real classy.

That said, a good amount of you have said smart, classy things that I appreciate. To that crowd, I say kudos.

1 person likes this.
  12. thejav

thejav Member

i dont mean to be rude but.....GTFO.. :grin:

13. Mitchmantc

Mitchmantc Member

:rolleyes: Regardless of pretext, you still posted this on a ROCKETS forum:

Was that quote not meant to be instigating? Even if it was posted in response to something else, you knew what site you were on & you knew the type of reaction it was going to generate.

So enough with the holier than thou nonsense.

Very few people here actually root for players to get injured, but at the same time, don't expect all of us to shed a tear when this guy gets hurt:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TJB8GgGHibA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_wLTGvp5ctU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you don't like how ROCKETS fans react to an injury that clearly increases our chances of success dramatically (even though I still don't believe we will win 4 out of 5), then why are you here?

14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I wonder if people felt bad for us when Yao and T-Mac got injured?

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If I go on the Thunders forum, would I see a lot of fans that wish physical harm to Beverley?

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Kindly GTFO

:)

17. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

is that true? If so, quite an amazing statistic seeing as how the Rockets actual game attendance is pretty mediocre (I still remember the days in the 90s when they sold out every game).

Also, I'm curious to know how much the forum has grown since the announcement of the Lin signing...by 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 members? Would be an interesting factoid.

So is the root of Rockets fandom in China? Did Clutchfans become the 'biggest' fan forum because of Yao, Lin, or just overall Rockets awesomeness? Interesting to know!?!

18. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

And if you don't like what we do then do something about it. Ill be in OKC next week. 1

[​IMG]

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

This is an open forum, everybody is kinda on his/her own, there is no "we", "you guys" here.
    Sucks for you guys, but, hey this is a part of the sport. Thunders have been blessed so far. Did Bev intend to take Westbrook out like that? Absolutely not. Bev is just a hard-nose kinda guy that everybody wishes to have on their teams but hates to seem on the opposing side. That's how he plays all the time, not just this one time.
    That said, the series ain't over yet. Fight on.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This injury is in fact bad news for the Rockets. The injury would make it even more embarrassing and painful if the Rockets get swept. Also makes Houston an even less attractive free agent destination for the stars of the league.