1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins wants to be traded and complains about Kings offense

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 1, 2012.

1. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Dear God please. I'd trade asik, aldrich, cook and picks for him. As long as we obvioulsy dont lose our core of lin, harden, parsons, and patterson. Also would love to keep our rookies and mook

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'd trade anyone not named Harden. Cousins is legit, and the headcase thing is overblown. Guarantee Morey would pursue it if he was available.

3. slickster

slickster Member

There are persistent rumors of Cousins' behavioral and attitude issues.

Is he a good fit for this franchise? Parsons, Lin, Asik, Harden, the core players, are level headed, mature professionals. Would their influence be enough to keep Cousins in line?

The rockets have already rolled the dice and lost with Royce. Cousins will be much more productive, but is he worth the potential disruptions?

His personality might become unmanageable once he's due for a new contract.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Should've run the Globetrotter Triple Oop a lot more, shame on Coach for messin up. Cousins would be the perfect piece for our team, but doubt we have the necessary money, can't offer him 5mil/80 cuz of Harden.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SmvR4XoLB24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

both these guys are upgradable.. never understood the parson lovefest here.. he plays some solid d, i dont think he does anything else at a starter level.. want to see jones play some sf..

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Thanks for bumping this thread instead of starting a new one. We've got way too many posters starting new, useless threads right now, including a plethora of Lin fans that don't really have anything to say. They are just jamming up the board and making it less appealing to read.

Another thing, in my opinion, all speculation about acquiring a particular player in the future should be kept in one thread. It makes it a lot easier to read back through the history and see what everybody was saying about that player instead of siphoning through a bunch of separate threads. So, you did the right thing OP, in my humble opinion.

I'm getting more interested in Cousins right now since we've acquired Harden. He's a very, very talented player. However, I view him as a center. I think he replaces Asik as our starting center if he is acquired and we're still looking for the bet fit at the 4 (Motie).

You really need 3 primary bigs sharing the big spot minutes. Cousins, Motie, Asik....that looks like a championship big rotation to me.

1 person likes this.
  7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

:grin: good stuff

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't care about who creates how many threads and who bumps what, but come on, it's a "Cousins demands a trade" thread.

if someone bumps that kind of thread, he'll confuse people and waste their time, it's just common sense.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

if we can get cousins we are contending next year for sure

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That's a good point. We need some stiff guidance on starting threads. It's totally out of hand in the GARM right now.

11. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I'd encourage others not to be misled by his numbers. Putting up empty stats on an awful, awful team doesn't make you a desirable talent, and that goes double for a locker room poison like Boogie Cousins.

The Rockets might as well trade for Andray Blatche while they're at it. Or how about Gilbert Arenas?

This is nuts.

All the Boggie Cousins lovers out there, I wonder if they've actually seen him play at the NBA level, or if they're just licking their lips while looking at a box score and thus have no idea at all what his game is like?

I would understand if they haven't seen Cousins play, since watching a Kings game is considered a form of torture under the Geneva Convention.

So let me clue you into what you'd be getting with Boogie.

- You get a player with zero physical assets and a 23 inch vertical. Yes, 23 inches. This is worse than a 40 year-old step-dad playing at the YMCA. That's bad. To call Cousins unathletic would be to insult un-athletes the world over. But does this extreme lack of athleticism hinder his game? Let's read on!

- Then you watch him play and it starts to click. "Oh," you will say, "I see where these rebounding stats are coming from. It's from putbacks of his own misses on point blank layup attempts." In fact, DeMarcus Cousins made just 42.1% of his layups last season. A usual percentage for a marqee big man is at least 60%.

- But that's just scratching the surface. Perhaps you haven't met DeMarcus Cousins, face up shooter yet? Somebody, probably Cousins himself, at some point decided that banging on the low block was a lot of work, so he decided to add "an outside jumper" to his game as a face-up player. Except the problem here is that midrange players become potent offensive threats only when they can either pass to an open teammate or put the ball on the floor and go around their defender if he gets too close. Guess what two things Boogie Cousins cannot do well? Right, you guessed it. So what you get instead is this dumb manbaby of a player chucking up contested long range two pointers instead.

- The worst part is that DeMarcus Cousins is already pretty sure that DeMarcus Cousins is the best basketball player who ever lived. So coaching him is a challenge because hey--he's the best ever--and getting him to take any responsibility for the dumb things he does on the court or says off the court is a challenge, because again, he's the best ever.

- In conclusion, I would rather wear one of Patrick Ewing's used sweatsocks as a gas mask than watch Boogie Cousins play as a Houston Rocket. Good god, people. I mean good god.

4 people like this.
  12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This thread bump is pointless since Westpaul lost. The orginization does not want to trade Cousins.

13. Sanity2disChaos

I think he would benefit this team more at the 4 spot.....given you have a defensive stud and rebounding machine in the middle already!Why mess with that ????You insert a legit post threat like Cousins at the 4 and you maximize your front court potential.I think Asik has proven he can be a starter (T.Chandler type)and at that price he is a steal.....The question is what would you have to give up to get him ??? I say if it costs you Asik or Jones then scratch that move....I would like to see those three play together(insert C. Smith and you have a nice front court rotation).

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Cousins
    Asik

or

Lin
    Harden
    Pasrons
    Jones
    Cousins

or even better....

Lin
    Harden
    Jones(yes i think he can play the 3...depending on match-up)
    Cousins
    Asik

I like the last line-up the best....big athletic and young......

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Sacramento isn't trading Cousins

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Trading for a guy like James Harden doesn't usually happen especially for the pieces we gave up. High potential head-cases are usually the only guys a team is willing to trade. We gotta take a shot on him if available. We have to be more proactive rather than reactive.

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

The issues are that he's NOT ONLY a headcase, but that his game is hot garbage.

17. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Ok, you got a few good points there. Cousins is boneheaded and arrogant, but if he were to be coached by mchale I legitimately think that will make a difference. He's a post players coach. Name one of the hundreds of PF's we've got that's hated him. Right there's none.

Cousins might not have a 40 inch Dwight Howard vertical but he has great foot work. He's young and cocky but the young fella puts in his work, unlike guys like Twill or most recently JJ ( who didn't even wanna play for us but was a sophomore?!)

And another thing. Speaking about the dad's rec league at the YMCA. You know how those leads see late 30 year olds to the early 50 year olds who play and shoot the breeze with their little friends. Ya know what I'm talking about, the guys who take up the courts even though you got their first? Well, think about that one geezer who comes to play and blows, that's asik right now. The guy is useless on offense, awkward foot work and is soft with the ball. So cousins, if he brings even a manageable attitude would be a upgrade

18. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Logged on just to give you some rep. Well done sir, well done. *slow clap*

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd sooner lose Lin than Asik. But, you give up whoever Sac asks for for Cousins, as long as we can keep our core of: Harden.

But yeah, Sac is not trading Cousins. They'd sooner fire the next 5 coaches than trade him. Just like McHale would lose in a head-to-head with Harden.

20. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

lol you want to trade trash for a potential superstar 22 yo and all the while you won't let go Parsons, a nice but very up-gradable player or even movable to the bench. Patterson? Patrick Patterson has been the same player since his rookie year, he hasn't improved a bit. He's bench material.

Part of our core...lol...only clutchfans...