1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That's a very tempting deal right there. Milwaukee has been the team that I can see coming out of nowhere with a big time deal. Bogut is a gamer in the mold of Hayes with much better offensive skills but blood and guts defense in the paint. I like him................a lot. The thing is....he had that horrendous elbow injury, I think it was last season, and it looks to me like it has bent his arm and affected his shooting. All the same, for a big, he's still worth it. But Milwaukee may want to cut the strings and begin anew. They're going nowhere and they're losing money doing it. I hate giving up Patterson in that deal.

If this trade were on the table and I was Morey at the deadline, I'd call up Sac Town and offer them Brooks, Scola, Yao's contract, and give Sacramento the option of swapping with us our first round pick swap for 2011 for their pick if we or NY happens to beat them out in the lottery, and if not, then give them the option to take the 2012 pick and see if they will hand over Cousins, Landry, and Udrih. If Sac Town didn't go for that deal, I would be very, very tempted to drop the hammer on this deal. Bogut, Maggette.....that's nice.

2. damunkster

damunkster Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4ou4lx5

here is a trade that works on nba trade machine that gives denver both young players and expiring contracts while giving Indiana scola and bud. Giving the rockets both nene and granger. I think our team would be real good if we got nene and granger without having to give up martin plus we also keep lee for defense.

1 person likes this.
  3. joesr

joesr Member

If patpat gets more PT then harrington then I am game! Maybe Twill will get more minutes? I like it.

4. damunkster

damunkster Member

o i would sure hope so...the only reason i put harrington in it is because i know denver is looking to dump his contract. I think patpat will be legit in a couple years.

5. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

- Trade Aaron Brooks, Patrick Patterson, & Jared Jeffries to the Sacramento Kings for DeMarcus Cousins, Carl Landry, & Francisco Garcia.

- Trade Yao Ming, Chase Budinger, & Jordan Hill to the Indiana Pacers for Danny Granger.

- Trade Shane Battier to the Washington Wizards for Kirk Hinrich.

Houston Rockets: Depth Chart
    1) Kirk Hinrich / Kyle Lowry / Ish Smith
    2) Kevin Martin / Courtney Lee / Francisco Garcia
    3) Danny Granger / Terrence Williams
    4) Luis Scola / Carl Landry
    5) DeMarcus Cousins / Chuck Hayes / Brad Miller

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Hinrich is way overpaid!
    Why does Indiana do that deal?
    Why does Sac give up on Cousins so fast & are you going to pay Landry big dollars?

7. worzel gummidge

Expiring contract next season.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You would be terrible defensively! Maggette, Martin, Scola, Gooden & hell with as many good point guards around, Lowry going to struggle on some nights!

Anyway NO WAY THE BUCKS DEAL BOGUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jvu

jvu Member

Simple trade 1:

Courtney lee + 2nd round for omir asik and 1st round CHA

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Great Deal! Make it happen.

11. mrjuandiego1988

simple trade idea

1. trade our bad players for good players,then add height
    ;)

this plan never fails! trust me!

12. jvu

jvu Member

If only it was that easy...

13. batkins

- Hinrich is going to make 9 million this year; 8 million next year. That's not too bad considering what he brings. Good defender, can run the offense, toughness, & good spot up shooter.

- Indiana does that deal because they save a ton of money with Yao's contract. They also get young players in Chase Budinger & Jordan Hill. We might have to throw in a draft pick. They also drafted Paul George last year who they can develop at the SF.

- Sacramento gives up on Cousins so fast because they finally get an opportunity to trade for Brooks; who they have coveted for awhile. They also get Patterson who I could see succeeding where Thompson & Landry didn't. Landry probably won't be demanding "big dollars" considering the year he's having. Though, hopefully by getting him back will help us close out games; he was one of the league leaders in 4th quarter scoring while here.

14. Rockets_4_life

lol :grin:

Let me start off by saying there is no way in hell, sac town is trading away their franchise center for scraps and a good role player in Pat.

As for the other part's of the trade, you have to consider a long term perspective. Can the rockets compete for a championship with Danny Granger, Martin and Scola at the helm. The clear answer to that would be a definite NO. Trading for another borderline All-Star in Granger, will just keep us in the dreaded level of mediocrity. Plus we would have like 30 million tide down in three positions..

The rockets instead should be trading for high upside guys, whom's talent level can surpass the current core of guys we have. An example of the type trade i'm taking about would be....

example:
    Kevin Martin for Paul George + filler

For even though Kevin is better than George now, George has the talent to be much better than Kevin in the longrun. This way the rockets can start to increase their talent level from their current squad.. Not to mention, the rockets could score some high draft picks while they see the young talent develop, further increasing our talent level!

1 person likes this.
  15. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Indiana is a team on the rise, and will not Trade any player on there team, unless it's a huge upgrade to the 4(Young PF)

People can dream about Granger, but he's a big reason for there playoff push, and I highly doubt he will be going anywhere.

16. batkins

Scraps? We give them Brooks, who would start at PG. Patterson can fit right in at the PF. Jeffries is an expiring contract and we take on the last 3 years of Garcia's contract. It may not be enough since they'll probably have a tough time letting go of Cousins, but not "scraps."

Paul George > Granger, Martin, and Scola.
    You serious?

Yeah... because trading for borderline All-Stars always keep teams mediocre. :rolleyes:

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Have to agree, because adding granger would be a huge upgrade, especially since the offense really isn't as good as everyone thinks it is...

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Trade 1

Hou Sends - Courtney Lee + 2nd Rounder to the Bulls for Asik and CHA 1st 2012

Trade 2

Hou Sends : Bud + 2012 Knicks Pick to Denver
    Hou Receives : Landry Fields

Denver Receives : Danilo + Bud + Chandler + Curry + 2012 Knicks 1st Rounder
    NYK Receives : Carmelo + Al Harrington.

This trade would be perfect and still we could move Jeffries and either Hill, Patterson or Brooks and get another piece.

Lowry/ Brooks / Ish
    Martin / Fields
    Battier / TWilliams
    Scola / Hill / Patterson / Jeffries
    Hayes/ Asik/ Miller

Maybe Battier + JHill + 2012 CHA First Rounder for Granger

Lowry / Brooks/ Ish
    Martin/ Fields
    Granger / TWill
    Scola / Patterson / Jeffries
    Hayes/ Asik / Miller

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I have to agree with R4L here. That Sacramento package is underwhelming for them.

First off, they are not trading DeMarcus Cousins, so DC trade proposals should be put next to the LeBron James hypothetical trades. He's only in his FIRST year in the league, has shown flashes of dominance lately, and is only going to get better.

Second, even if he was available, I don't think Sacramento would entertain trading him for Brooks and Patterson. That's not nearly enough for a franchise center, in my mind. Combine that with your proposal also sending us Landry and I agree with R4L that's its an extremely unlikely proposal.

20. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

What if D-Will demanded Sloan for his resignation? What if the Jazz organization tells D-Will, he doesn't have to right to demand that? What if the Jazz wants to make a statement by trading D-Will? What if D-Will demands a trade? .... Well, what do you think about this proposal?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=45n9nxo

* Houston Rockets
    Rockets outgoing players: Brooks, Martin, Jeffries, Scola, Bud, NY + future Rockets 1st round draft pick
    Rockets incoming players: D-Will, Jeff Green, Aldrich, trade exception of $ 2.0 mil (Brewer).
    Why? D-Will is a top 5 caliber PG in the NBA! If you can add a starting SF, who can also play at PF: Jeff Green. This team is a contender for years to come. And we add a talented big: Aldrich.

* Utah Jazz
    Jazz outgoing players: D-Will, trade exception Brewer (2 mil), trade exception Boozer (1.1 mil) and a 2nd round pick.
    Jazz incoming players: Brooks, Martin, Jeffries, D.J. White, NY (via Rockets) + future Rockets 1st round draft pick
    Why? If D-Will is on the block, the Jazz probably wants playmakers in return. Players taking the final shot, pass, ... to win the game. Brooks and Martin are playmakers, not top 5 at their position in the NBA, but let's say they are top 5 togheter. :grin: Recieving 1st round draft picks + fillers and this proposal might be considered by Utah.

* Oklahoma City Thunder
    Thunder outgoing players: Jeff Green, Aldrich, D.J. White
    Thunder incoming players: Scola, Bud, Jazz second round pick, trade exception of $ 1.1 mil (Boozer)
    Why? Can they resign Green? I don't think they can/will, with Westbrook and Durant running the show for years to come. These guy will get paid and the Thunder need to decide ... resigning Jeff Green or Harden (within a few years)? Let's say they want to trade Green, what do they need? A low post offensive PF will do fine ... because they don't have that kind of guy. If the want to content and be a contender ... Scola might be the answer. Throw in Bud to fill the SF spot and a 2nd round pick.

Rockets line-up:

PG: D-Will/Lowry/Ish
    SG: Lee/T-Will
    SF: Green/Battier
    PF: Hill/Patt
    C: Hayes/Miller/Aldrich

I don't know about you guys, but this team screams out: DEFENSE!
    Low post offense could be a problem, but when you have D-Will running the show I don't think it will be a huge problem.