1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congresswoman Shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. cdastros

cdastros Member

CNN has police spokesman I think saying he was driven to the scene by someone. Police are looking for another person. Kinda blamed political talk radio and tv.

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Stupid comment is stupid comment. McVeigh was white and he was called a terrorist.

1 person likes this.
  3. dmc89

dmc89 Member

True, but I meant assassinations (and attempts on) of US congressmen, senators, federal judges, governors, presidents, etc.

Haven't seen anything like that in the US since the early 80s and even then, it was rare unlike Iraq, Mexico or Pakistan.

4. PointForward

PointForward Member

Yeah they're always "straight up crazy" unless their names sound muslim, in which case they were clearly motivated by their religion. See: fort hood shooter.

We should wait for more info to come out, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this piece of $h!t is a Sarah Palin fanboy. Meanwhile, I hope the congresswomen and anyone who was injured to pull through.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Don't remember to many muslim sounding guys were talking about mind control and brainwashing.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it matters what his political affiliation is. The guy was just sick, and very extreme.

I do think regardless of his political affiliations that we should take a look at politicians like Sharon Angle that talk about second amendment remedies to elections that people don't like.

Not that she should be censored, but we need to examine and shine a light on that kind of thing.

8. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Gtfo, are you saying fort hood incident wasn't religious motivated?

9. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Islam does not tolerate violence, for the most part. All these terrorists you see in the media shouldn't even be considered part of that religion considering they are interpreting it wrong.

Just like the insane individual who shot this congresswoman; he was probably one of the idiots who thought that "dismantling oppressive government" --

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

-- part of the Declaration of Independence meant that he should get a gun and shoot at government officials just because he doesn't get his way.

Sadly when it comes to religious affairs, in most cases when there are Muslims involved they paint the entire religion of Islam in a bad light; when in reality its a group of insane individuals who have very little in common with the main sect.

11. PointForward

PointForward Member

you might wanna use a better source than wikipedia playa, the "allahu akbar" story was debunked on the shortly after it came out. The guy was clinically depressed and all signs pointed to "crazy/psycho", but nobody called him a lunatic, they called him muslim.

12. PointForward

PointForward Member

How is that deVry education going for ya?

1 person likes this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The thing is; yes he is Muslim. And that is when everyone ignores whatever else you have left to say and cry foul at the religion...

When in reality, Islam is not about that. The dude misinterprets the text and goes crazy and kills everyone. That's not Islam, that is insanity.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Where was it supposedly debunked? On "crazyislamists.com"? Or on the same websites that say all jews got a day off on 9/11? What are your supposedly "better sources than wikipedia"? Let us know.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Thanks ATW, for turning a thread that had nothing to do with Islam into one of your soapboxes. Please limit your discussion of that topic to the nth thread you make about it.

Condolences to everybody involved and I hope everybody hurt today recovers and can find peace in time. Hopefully this will dial-down some of the political rhetoric out there about "reloading" and "crosshairs," but it seems unlikely.

16. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I don't think it's even appropriate to hypothesize or discuss the "What if the killer was a Muslim?" angle just hours after such a horrific act was committed.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I usually read your name as dumb ass which seems to fit this post.

PointForward is the one who got the thread off subject when he expressed anger about everyone calling this guy crazy, and crying that it would not be so if he was a Muslim.

1 person likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If you had any reading ability and went and re-read the thread, you would realize that it was not me who brought islam into this. Someone mentioned "if the killer was a muslim...evil media...yada yada" which I ignored, but then Point Forward claimed that the evil media made the Fort Hood killings appear religiously motivated when it supposedly was not, according to Point Forward "because the guy had a muslim name" - I merely responded to that because the claim was too ridiculous to be left unanswered.

I await your apology.

Edit: Thanks CaseyH, I see you also noticed this.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

How awful :(

P.S. RedRedemption, jeez dude, cut that sig down some... dayumn.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL, I assume this came from dumbassbarton:

Latest Reputation Received
    Thread Date Comment
    Congresswoman Shot 01-09-2011 04:03 AM stfu, racist.