1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Congresswoman Shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This event is bothering me more than it should...

2. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Don't yall think its a little premature to try and point the blame at anyone?

Thoughts and prayers goes out to the victims and their family.

3. rtsy

rtsy Member

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

No! It's never too early! Tea Baggers did it!

Signed,
    [​IMG]

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Page is a fake. Its been deleted

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

link?

7. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Yeah, pretty scary that we're seeing shades of the dangerous kind of politics that normally are reserved for countries like Iraq or Pakistan.

Maybe you were thinking of an automatic weapon? Because semis are limited in how many rounds they can fire with one pull of the trigger.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I could think of was this.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Yeah! Palin and Angle and Beck and Limbaugh and Reagan and Bill Buckley and Abe Lincoln all have blood on their tea bagging neocon nazi handz!!!

signed,
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i remember that...compare it to the couple who got arrested for wearing anti-bush t-shirts at a public rally.

sadly, with the rhetoric we have seen the last couple years i dont think we should be surprised w/ this kind of stuff.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yeah, you're right. It's cool for politicians to put cross hairs on political opponents, and talk about shooting political opponents with second amendment rights.

Anyone who complains about that, is just over reacting and should take a look in the mirror. How dare people complain about nominated political opponents threatening second amendment remedies if elections don't go their way.

GREAT POINT!

1 person likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

From the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08/jared-lee-loughner-gabrielle-giffords-shooter_n_806243.html ]

Jared Lee Loughner Identified As Gabrielle Giffords Shooter (INFO, VIDEOS)

First Posted: 01- 8-11 04:20 PM | Updated: 01- 8-11 04:44 PM
    What's Your Reaction?
    digg
    facebook Twitter stumble reddit del.ico.us
    Important
    Funny
    Typical
    Scary
    Outrageous
    Amazing
    Innovative
    Finally
    Read More: Arizona Shooter, Gabrielle Giffords Shooter, Jared Laughner, Jared Lee Loughner, Jared Lee Loughner MySpace, Jared Lee Loughner Videos, Jared Lee Loughner YouTube, Jared Lockner, Jared Logner, Jared Loughner, Jared Loughner Photo, Jared Loughner Videos, Jared Loughner Youtube, Politics News
    share this story
    0views
    Jared Lee Loughner Gabrielle Giffords Shooter
    Get Politics Alerts

Email
    Comments 698

Jared Lee Loughner has been identified as the man suspected of shooting Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.).

Loughner was described by eyewitnesses at the Arizona shooting as a young white man who looked like a "fringe character," in his mid-to-late 20s, clean-shaven with short hair and wearing dark clothing.

Loughner shot Giffords and some 12 others at a public event at a Safeway grocery store in Tucscon. He reportedly shot the congresswoman "point blank" in the head and may have come from inside the store. He attempted to flee after running out of ammunition and was tackled by one of Giffords' staffers.

A MySpace page belonging to a "Jared Lee Loughner," age 22, of Tucson, was taken down. A YouTube account also exists in his name.

Here's what was listed on his MySpace page before it was removed:

Schools:I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.
    Interests:My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!
    Movies:(*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)
    Music:pass me the strings!
    Books:I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

Given that he says The Communist Manifesto is among his favorite books, I highly doubt he belongs to the Tea Party.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I have no idea whether he belongs to the tea party or not, but the fact that communist manifesto is in there doesn't change that. He also has Mein Kampf listed. It just shows that he read political books, and wasn't necessarily a follower of an ideology.

14. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

That could just be a random set of books tho, because he also listed Mein Kampf and Animal Farm.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

I think his one of his "favorite" books "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" sums up this guy pretty well. No matter what his political affiliation he is a nut job.

16. rtsy

rtsy Member

Only liberals like Peter Pan

[​IMG]

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It was a pistol.

Not sure how a .40 looks different from a 9mm (I own both and they don't) but reports say it was a 9mm.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Just stop dude, you're making yourself look like a clown in this thread.

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, reading all the Giffords shooting reaction online and have to smh at people passionately arguing over the political affiliation of a guy that is just straight up crazy.

2 people like this.