1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How abot trading Brooks to keep Lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Jul 14, 2010.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

It's a valid idea if we net back comparable talent for Brooks. All you haters are assuming that trading Brooks will net us nothing in return. If Lowry can take up starters position, and we get back a great player or players, it would be worth it.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow you really cant read and comprehend can you? -- its not that he didnt beat out conley Memphis didnt let him at all have a fair shot and we all know what sort of world class org memphis has but coming from a management (mr. asset manager) standpoint I am shocked to see how you don't understand the pressure from the owner and brass to play the #4 overall pick it would look bad to have him just sit on the bench like that. And sure enough the year Lowry was traded Lowry did start in 21 games when Conley did not..Just like this year when the Grizz too all sorts of heat for Thabeet and even more when they shipped him to the D-League it looks like they didnt learn from their mistakes in drafting poorly but learnt from their mistake of at least playing the talent you have (M.Gasol) that is good while the project (thabeet/conley) goes to develop elsewhere

last year giving the team that was coming into camp Brooks' strength were clearly more valuable to the starters than Lowry's were I've said that repeatedly. But with Yao back Lowry strengths help the starting 5 a lot more than Brooks' does IMO since Brooks cant play a lick of Defense and having Martin who cant play a lick of defense besides him will hurt and end up getting our best offensive option (Yao) into foul trouble easily and early.

Rafer was better than brooks until he wasnt that makes no sense? Rafer was traded FOR Lowry thats how much Morey wanted him.

back to ignore you go

actually no i wont put you on the ignore list i'll just ignore you outright without any help from the bbs..its something i can do and have done and no I wont go crying to Clutch about modifying HIS bbs to suit MY needs

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

MEOW guys.

[​IMG]

I hope AB and Lowry get along better than y'all. LOL

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, I understand that is what you THINK happened, and your READ on the situation. Basically your OPINION.

I get it...you believe it, I do not.

I believe the coach will play the best player, and if they actually BELIEVED Lowry was better, or would BE better they would have traded Conley.

OK, I see your point, I disagree about it, Lowry is a better defender, but Yao needs space on the block to operate and needs to be surrounded with 3pt shooters, I think Brooks fits better.

We shall see about Martin and Brooks, while I see Martin as a bad defender I am not as down on Brooks as you are, I think he did an ok job and will be helped by having a 7'6" guy down low on the block.

Ouch another jab, body blow, body blow......lol...

Not sure why you are being so sensitive about this whole thing, why can't we just disagree and say we have different viewpoints on it.

Usually I am the emotional one here....

I guess we now know who YOUR mancrush is...Kyle Lowry.....fine by me.

DD

#104 DaDakota, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The lesser player won't net us the player DM is looking for.

So you're calling a potential trade involving AB stupid when you don't know who the Rockets would be acquiring.. LOL :eek:

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well i am all on board as long as its a good guy with comparable numbers to Brooks we get back in the deal. Go ahead and do the deal. I love a deal that includes some guy scoring 19 points a game coming to us or 20 and moving Brooks to do it. That being the stipulation though for the deal. Lowry can certainly start. If we do the deal for a downgrade? Then not on board. Brooks should be worth alot to every team. If not then they are really lowballing us, because he should net a Allstar if we offer Brooks and some picks or another filler. That should be an allstar player level package. Thats when I am on board and hope happens. Then who cares if Lowry takes over if you get the right guy here in return for Brooks?

7. DaDakota

Not at all, I would trade anyone on the team, including Brooks or Chase if it netted us someone like Melo....

I just think that Brooks value is as a Rockets player, and there is a reason he and Yao are the 2 most asked about Rockets in trade discusions.

He is just good, to me, it just seems he is completely undervalued here and that is bizzare.

I don't know why that is....we have a serious case of Backup quarterback syndrome...

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I agree with you there soooooooo much on that backup QB syndrome in Houston. its in every single sport we have. Always about our role players and never our stars getting praise. we should all value them more that way when people ask about our stars? Everyone else values them more too. That way you max out your teams potential offer back if you have such a great opinion of him. Brooks is definately worth a allstar in a trade. him and Yao are huge trade assets and i think we should use both of them potentially. Chris Paul says he wants to be Mellows teammate? Well? Lets accomodate hime. Lets get Paul here with Brooks in a trade and then lets get Carmello here with Yao in a trade. We have Paul and Carmello instead of Yao and Brooks. We use assets to fill in the equal trading gaps. These guys are certainly worth alot and we should move them if we can for upgrades. Their contracts are even valuable. So is Yaos marketable ability in every city with Chinese viewers for struggling franchises financially.

9. sammy

I think it's you that has a serious crush on AB. I've said this before, but not many people were more ecstatic than me when I heard Brooks' name on draft night. However, he is expendable esp if he is going to cost us 10 M +

The majority of us see Lowry as a more than capable starter. You constantly referring to him as a backup with negative connotation is not necessary to make your point.

10. DaDakota

Saying someone has a crush is not really much of an argument.

I just can see the value in a 20ppg scoring PG that can hit the 3pt shot when we have Yao Ming.

And, when I hear people like JVG raving about Brooks and how lucky the Rockets were to get him in the draft because he creates mismatches on a nightly basis, I listen.

I think we all like to watch basketball, and we all have different styles and things we like in players.

Personally, I like both Brooks and Lowry, but I believe....IMO...Brooks is better, and it seems that the Rockets coaches feel that way too....as he is the starter.

DD

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Granger for Brooks is my dream scenario. Well? Actually Carmello for Brooks is and we have a better more menatlly tough version of Tmac who is stronger, doesnt get hurt, and can put the team on his shoulder in the fourth quater on a nightly basis. I think Granger on the right winning team could be that type of player too potentially. Starting Lowry wouldnt be a problem when you have his three point assassin Martin next to him in the backcourt and then Pattrick Patterson on some nights stretching the defenses along with Budinger. Thats enough three point shooting for any team with Lowry as our starter if we get any of those other guys in a trade that sends Brooks elsewhere. its actually a perfect situation for Lowry to be a starter.

12. sammy

Trust me. We know your take on the situation.

I can see value in a PG that has a pass first mentality. He works well the with the second unit. Gets out on the break and creates better for players like Bud and Landry while he was here.

And weren't you ragging on JVG like crazy while he was our coach?

Just sayin..

13. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

By no means have I stated I don't like Brooks for us. He's been great, and is definitely a great starter. However, Lowry also holds value for us, yet some are willing to lose him because of the offer we have to match. If we can get back a comparable player for Brooks, why not do it? Maybe add Jeffries or battier and some picks and we get a superstar back. We would still need to find a backup PG but other than that, we would be true contenders.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yep. Thats what I have been trying to say too.

15. DaDakota

Do you? Why do I think Brooks is better than Lowry? What do I think will happen to Brooks as he goes into his 4th year?

Ah never mind.....I do like Brooks....and I do like Lowry....I just think on a scale of 1-10.

Brooks is an 8
    While Lowry is a 6

I hated JVG as the coach, think he was completely wrong for the team we had at that time, doesn't mean he doesn't know basketball, does it?

I also see the value in a pass first mentality, I love those players, and Lowry is a nice player to have coming off the bench to help the 2nd unit.

I think we are lucky to have both...don't you?

DD

16. worzel gummidge

It's also looking like a case of how much and not if he'll be overpaid next season.

[​IMG]

17. DaDakota

What is overpaying for a 20ppg efficient scorer who is a mismatch every single night he laces them up?

Has Morey had a habit of overpaying for players? He could do what he always does and let the market set the price by making him a restricted free agent.

All this worrying about "Maybes"....

Let's just see what happens....if he keeps improving, he will earn his $$$$.....

All of those players are NOT Aaron Brooks and that argument is not really relevent, got to take each player on a case by case basis.

DD

18. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

DD, this thread was never meant to be a Brooks vs Lowry thread. There's been several of them over the season.

This is a thread regarding the possibility of trading Brooks to make the overall team better.

Look at it this way. Which is better?

[Option 1]
    Lowry as starter, and incoming player (comparable to Brooks talent).

[Option 2]
    Brooks as starter, no Lowry (he'll be in the Cavs).

Which option is best for the Rockets?

19. DaDakota

If you are looking for a fight you are not going to get it from me, I said they would match the minute the deal came out.

I like the Brooks/Lowry combo.

My only worry about the whole thing is will Lowry be happy if he is relagated to being a career backup? He may want a team of his own some day and force the Rox to trade him.

DD

20. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I don't know where the thought of a "fight" came from. I'm just nicely asking, which option is better? 1 or 2?

If you're right and the Rockets match, fair enough. I love the Brooks/Lowry combo. But I think yo uare also right that Lowry will become disgruntled. So ultimately, option 2 might become true should lowry find a way out via trade etc.

So, which one? Option 1 or 2?