1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Draft Lottery Thread -- 5/18/2010 at 6:30pm CT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2010.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Are you capable of rational thinking?

Brooks probably would have smiled even more if we did pull of the miracle and slide into the top 3. He's almost always smiling on camera when off of the court. That just seems to be his personality. Apparently he's a happy person unlike some of you.

The character assassination and irrational thinking by a few people is ridiculous. Brooks wasn't the only rep who smiled after not moving up and it should be obvious that he had no impact on the outcome.

2. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I haven't read any of this thread and I'm not going to so I don't know if its been said, but is it me or was Brooks, was shockingly happy to when they called or number.

3. plates300

plates300 Member

the dude is always smiling every time he is interviewed or is on camera. just a happy guy all around. get over it people.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

As we already see the rumor and rumors that may pop up later, Houston may not be long for that 14th pick, but for the sake of things, guys taken 14th overall going back to 1980:

1980: Wes Matthews, G, Wisconsin(Washington)
    1981: Herb Williams, C/F, Ohio State(Indiana)
    1982: Lester Connor, G, Oregon State(Golden State)
    1983: Clyde Drexler, G, Houston(Portland)
    1984: Michael Cage, F/C, San Diego State(Los Angeles Clippers)
    1985: Alfredrick Hughes, G, Loyola(San Antonio Spurs)
    1986: Walter Berry, St. Johns(Portland)
    1987: Tellis Frank, F, Western Kentucky(Golden State)
    1988: Dan Majerle, F, Central Michigan(Phoenix)
    1989: Tim Hardaway, G, UTEP(Golden State)
    1990: Travis Mays, G, Texas(Sacramento)
    1991: Rich King, C, Nebraska(Seattle)
    1992: Malik Sealy, F, St. Johns(Indiana)
    1993: Scott Haskin, F, Oregon State(Indiana)
    1994: Yinka Dare, C, George Washington(New Jersey)
    1995: Eric Williams, F, Providence(Boston)
    1996: Peja Stojakovic, F, Greece(Sacramento)
    1997: Maurice Taylor, F, Michigan(Los Angeles Clippers)
    1998: Michael Dickerson, G, Arizona(Houston)
    1999: William Avery, G, Duke(Minnesota)
    2000: Mateen Cleaves, G, Michigan State(Detroit)
    2001: Richard Jefferson, F, Arizona(Houston-->Traded to New Jersey)
    2002: Fred Jones, G, Oregon(Indiana)
    2003: Luke Ridnour, G, Oregon(Seattle)
    2004: Kris Humphries, F, Minnesota(Utah)
    2005: Rashad McCants, G, North Carolina(Minnesota)
    2006: Ronnie Brewer, G, Arkansas(Utah)
    2007: Al Thornton, F, Florida State(Los Angeles Clippers)
    2008: Anthony Randolph, F, LSU(Golden State)
    2009: Earl Clark, F, Louisville(Phoenix)

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I disagree. I just cannot understand their current GM.

First of all, he keeps drafting solid contributors, not superstars that a WC playoff team needs. On top of that, he keeps duplicating players, limiting their development. Flynn is a good player, but it does not seem like they are developing him well as they signed Sessions and have Rubio coming at some point. Rubio may come but they cannot keep the PG position free til he gets there. Lastly, they just need to shed Jefferson. He is a ball-stopper. Yes, he put up good numbers a few years ago, but his body type and skills never made me believe he lead for the long haul and he does not seem to completely get the team concept.

If the Nets can get Turner, I seem them being a much better team, no matter what FA they sign. The needed a closer/wing attacker and Harris could not do that this year for whatever reason. A new coach wouldn't help, particularly one big on defense (Byron Scott?).

Wizards are too young right now. I don't trust Blatche as a go-to player. McGee may become the post player they need, but probably not this year and he still shies from contact. Who knows what happens to Arenas.

76ers, need to somehow trade Brand or Damlabert or trade this years pick and a young player or two for one of the stars/big name FA's now. Either go for something now or start over. I vote start over frankly.

Sacramento needs some defensive presence with a big man. Their Bigs can score, but not physical. They could be good if they get an Aldrich, but WC is so deep it may not mean much.

Does anyone actually know what Nellie is going to do with the Warriors? They could get a nice big to put complement Randolph, but who knows that they do?

Clippers need a true wing scorer. If Griffin can be healthy and productive, they are set at the post. Gordan is not assertive enough at the wing. Wesley falling to them would be perfect.

I refuse to analyze the Jazz because they are the Jazz and no one knows what happens to Boozer.

No idea what to make of Indiana. They have tons of talent, but no one stays healthy and they look lost half the time. If I'm them I try to get a good vet who is like a 2nd coach to help them get their heads on straight. Granger needs to decide if he wants to be a No. 1 star or No. 2 star. If Bledsoe is what he supposed to be, that would be a really fit.

If the Hornets are sold by the draft/FA, they should draft a big to develop (Okafor gets injured a good deal) and sign a shooter like Miller. Though a good shooting rookie for the bench is not a bad idea.

Memphis should draft strictly for most ready & best talent. Big question is whether Randolph will duplicate he last season. No real holes other than depth, just need to play together and defend (and maybe Thabeet develops).

Raptors are screwed. I've said for a while they need a Good defensive-rebounding Center to make for for Barg's outside game. That should be priority one, but even after that they still need a PG who can stay healthy while playing defense, and Hedo to man up. Who knows if they get anything for Bosh leaving?

Biggest movers next year I think are Nets & Sac. Clippers if they get Wesley, and start off the season well which may spark B-Davis to lead that team like he can instead of waste away stroking his beard.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol rep.

7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

why would the rockets get rid of brooks if they got wall. it would mean that lowry isnt getting resigned instead

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey guys. How are you all? Just got off of work. What did i miss? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

its funny how many scrubs are so annoyed at everything I say

losers lmao

10. tigereye

tigereye Member

Trade now?!?

11. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Did the Rockets send the wrong guy?

Lock if posted.

12. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

rational is wanting a player to be upset i.e. Granger when his team doesnt advance.. not sit there and simply smile about no advancement in draft status

im not assassinating his character.. wtf are u talking about r****d? all these false allegations comin from a nerd behind a computer screen who doesnt kno a dam thing about me as I sure as hell dont care to kno anything about u

dont u "assassinate MY character'' (thats the appropriate usage of that phrase) :rolleyes:

if ur not happy about us not movin up either ur stupid, simple or slow idk which it is for u.. i dont give a dam if the ENTIRE 13 team reps were smiling that doesnt mean its ok to be content with not progressing

are u capable of not bein a lil prick? i bet against it

13. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Are you deadset man? relax a bit, we had a 0.5% chance..

Brooks is a happy guy, get over it :rolleyes:

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Washington Wall Street Journal. Sound perfect to me!

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

So the 14th pick with the worst chance of getting the top 3 picks didn't get any....go figure.

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

but, are you really capable of rational thinking?

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Morey is simply trying to showcase Brooks in front of all the executives and GM's there. Keep Brooks' name fresh in their mind.

1 person likes this.
  18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Espn *sigh*

Really?

19. worzel gummidge

Hopefully, the Pacers were showcasing Granger :)