1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 5/14/2009 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Go Houston! I predict we will win tonight: 100-95.

I live in LA right now - it's funny how cocky Lakers fans are after an LA win but who quiet they are after we win. Let's quiet them down again!

2. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

A 40 point massacre will do that, but they don't know this Houston team. A loss is a loss (wether by a point or 40) and it's nothing but a memory now.

Tonight will be completely different

Go Rox

3. AXG

AXG Member

I'll be cheering for my Rockets the whole game, especially after they win! ;)

4. krockets

krockets Member

I think there are only two ways that we could win Game 6:

1) At least 60% of possessions shooting 3s and play superior perimeter defense
    2) At least 60% of possessions drive to the paint and play solid defense

5. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

uhh..believe he meant..during the HOME games...not away games

6. GMNot

GMNot Member

I don't want to see any players loping up the court (not to name names but Landry does this too often). I rarely see Scola loping up the court. Speaking of Scola, he needs to "get right" tonight. He hasn't shot well since Fisher knocked him silly. Did they accomplish what they wanted by that?

My gut tells me the Rockets will get off to a good start -- which they even did in game 5. But then everything hinges on focus and not making mental errors -- bad passes, bad shots and lack of attacking the basket. And I think Wafer is most effective when the opposing team is a little bedazzled already. Otherwise he is a disaster waiting to happen. (This kid needs some serious work to up his BB IQ this summer.) And I don't agree with Battier's perscription of 30-40 3-pointers. He'd do better to mix it up and drive the basket from the corner more. This will create more space for his 3's in the long run. I know he's isn't the best ball handler, but he has to become more of the offense now with Yao out. The more aggressive the Rockets are going to the hole tonight, the better chance to get some Lakers in foul trouble. Brooks has to be aggresive but not make bad passes like he did last game. He could get more fouls than he does. With his speed he can create body contact at an angle with most post defenders and get the block instead of a charge.

Good energy+Good focus+No bad passes+No bad shots=Game 7.

7. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Win or lose, this is still an overachieving group with over half of payroll sitting on the bench. They still put up a good fight and scared the heck out of LA. It'd be nice if we can kick their behind again tonight :D

8. lockmat

lockmat Member

He said HOME games.

I'll be at DG tonight. I saw it in the downtown happenings newsletter.

9. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Leave it all on the court tonight. No regrets.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think this is going to be a close one, unlike the last two. The real question, in their heart of hearts do the Rockets players want to go back to LA. This will be another test of their competitive spirits. It would be easy to slack up just a bit and go fishing. If they win, the pressure really shifts to the Lakers, because some goofy things have happened in game seven. If the Rockets advance this will be the sports story of the year so far, sort of like the football Cardinals. I think it could happen, not likely, but possible. Several Rockets players are so wildly inconsistent, who knows what they will do.

11. tutu_boston

tutu_boston Member

no matter the outcome, fight like a soldier!

12. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Let's go Clutch City!

13. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Let's see:

We win tonight and really piss off the Lakers so they blow us out by 50 in LA and set a new record.

Or

We lose tonight and be proud in what we did this year without two of our star players.

I'm cool with either one at this point.

14. E-Man

E-Man Member

Win and get killed in LA, LA land or lose and get a standing ovation for the 2009 season at home in front of our fans? :rolleyes:

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This game hinges around Chuck Hayes not getting into foul trouble and the Rockets playing small ball with Brooks and Lowry together for at least 30 minutes. If we can keep Hayes on the floor and we can get Brooks and Lowry out there together, we've got a chance. If either Hayes gets in foul trouble and has to sit or Adelman decides to matchup bigger in the backcourt instead of smaller then we will get blown out.

16. TheBigAristotle

We. Will. Go. Back. To. LA

Tonight we dine in HOUSTON!

[​IMG]

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

First.

I want a Game 7. Anything can happen in a Game 7.

18. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Oh. I'll tell you where the viewing party is....INSIDE THE STADIUM.

19. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

I was really hungover when I read your post, skipped the words "actual home games." My fault haha.

Go to the Bus.

20. ThaShark316_28

Rockets win, 99-94.

Series tied, 3-3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.