1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Head and dorsey for Brian Cook.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is a decent deal for both....and it gives us a PF that can stroke the 3 ball.

DD

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I knew you'd like it and it kinda makes sense. Battie, the gorat guy, and foyle, he gets no run. I think he would be a good 17 min guy. He can really shoot with range and is long, though not a shot blocker. There are a lot of non big headline trades the rox can make, but they seem a little slow on the sticks right now.

Here's another.

Rafer, Head, and Hayes for atkins and wilcox?

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I saw this and wondered two things:

(1) why not Head for the duo (I like Pruitt/don't know Giddens but it sounds like it would become next year's draft in the guise of these guys

and

(2) is it interesting to anyone but me that there has never been a hint of a rumor between DM the GM and his former tutor, Ainge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...LYF?slug=aw-celtics011009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What GM Danny Ainge wants is a shooter off the bench, but he’s struggling to find one. League sources say he made a bid for the Orlando Magic’s J.J. Redick recently, a guard he’s long coveted, but an offer of J.R. Giddens and Gabe Pruitt couldn’t come close to prying Redick. What’s more, Orlando isn’t motivated to fortify the Celtics. Suddenly, the Magic believe they can beat Boston. League executives say Ainge has become more persistent this week in searching out deals, but as a Western Conference executive said, “He just doesn’t have any players that anyone wants.”

5. worzel gummidge

Rockets get Mike Dunleavy (3yrs) +Brad Miller (2yrs) +Jarret Jack (exp)
    Indiana gets Tracy McGrady (2yrs)
    Kings get Nesterovic (exp) +Head (exp)

Alternatively trade Nesterovic for Marcus Camby instead of Miller.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4146160&postcount=1208

Clippers are salary dumping. Senior kills two birds with one stone as he gets to help out junior by doing so...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dunlemi01.html
    [​IMG]

Senior's best season was as a Rocket.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1981.html
    [​IMG]

History repeats? A second chance for a different result? Rockets jersey number 10 is available...

[​IMG]

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I will do Prince and Wallace for Mac straight up just like what was proposed from Detroit before the season.

The only concern for me is how will they mesh with Artest even though that is a sore subject.

Atleast value wise it's a good move for both teams.

Wallace likes to win and teams can really play with him even though he gets T'd up alot.

Wallace expires gives us alot of flexability and we add Prince who is no sloutch and a good team player.

If no, then we could try that 3 way with Clippers and Indiana and bring in Camby and Dunleavy which is a safer move imo.

If no then do the Brad Miller one with Dunleavy.

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I like both of those ideas, especially the one that includes Camby. There is good reasoning behind both deals.

We could go with this starting 5:

Brooks
    Dunleavy
    Artest
    Camby
    Yao

Camby goes to the 5 when Yao takes a breather and the rest of the rotation would be some mix of Alston, Wafer, Battier, Scola and Landry. Barry and Hayes would be used as needed.

8. blender

blender Member

With the return of Brent Barry and the emergence of Von Wafer, I think Luther Head may be on his way out. Especially if McGrady and Artest are back in the rotation around the trade deadline, there's little reason to hold on to Head.

I expect Head to be traded to a team needing some outside shooting. In return we'd probably get a young player (preferably a big) with potential but little short-term impact. Kind of like the Snyder-for-Green deal last year.

But if there's no such deal to be made, it's no loss keeping Luther. He's more than an acceptable third-string PG/SG.

That's the only trade I foresee happening.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Here we go, this is the perfect trade!!

Dallas gets: (Dallas is looking to unload Howard at all cost, plus they are look
    for another point guard and a wing player.)

Kirk Hinrich and Larry Hughes

Chicago gets:(Chicago has too many guards and it wants a star.)

Tracy Mcgrady

Houston gets:(We want a player that is still effective at the 2, athletic
    and can score. Plus we get another big, and Morey loves
    Rafer, he doesn't want Hinrich)
    Josh Howard, Desagana Diop, and a furture #1

10. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Hell no on any of that. If you think T-mac is a cancer just wait until you get Howard and his crazy outbursts on this team. And Diop sucks.

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

What do you think T-Mac is right now? I think a change for both T-Mac and Howard would be good, plus Howard and Diop gives us more of what we need than Hughes and Hinrich.

12. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I never wanted Hughes, he was just an incentive for Chicago to bite on the proposed trade. Here's another trade I tried since it looks like Atlanta is struggling and has dropped 3 in a row, also New Jersey needs a back up point guard. Houston would get a new starting point guard and a good back up center. Swift would be an expiring contract to use and resign any of our soon to be free agents.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...2763~532&teams=1~10~10~17~10~1~17~1&te=&cash=

13. GOAT

GOAT Member

when did he tell you that he didn't want Hinrich?

14. joesr

joesr Member

holy f no
    i hate howard
    he and bowen are the only damn nba players i cant stand
    even dirk isnt on their level

you want the mother f'er who intenetionally tripped yao ming
    who said he didnt believe in the anthem because he is black?

thats a insult to my sons man.

plus he tried to hurt yao ming
    f that f...

15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

It's not going to work. I'm telling you Morey is not going to trade Rafer

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Man please, players do other things to players all the time, when they are on different teams. Charles Barkley pushed Hakeem before they became team mates. That doesn't hold weight. I'm tired of Tracy and his issues.

17. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

I dont know about yall, but at this point, I think a team we could talk to is Minny.

Mike Miller
    Corey Brewer (Young talented player but out for the year)
    Brian cardinal (bad contract filler or other player)

Obviously not an equality of talent in that trade, but no trade with Tmac would be.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you're not getting equal or better value why the hell would you trade? To make your opponents better? :confused:

We don't need to trade Tmac, he is an expiring contract next year. Trade Tmac now and you give up your Dirk Nowitzki/Chris Bosh/Joe Johnson player next year :rolleyes:

19. joesr

joesr Member

your comparing pushing to tripping?

tripping is with intent to hurt
    wtf is pushing going to do that effects game play?when a injury prone (especially in the legs) player is running and you trip him your trying to re hurt even reinjure a player. so how did you start your reply? MAN PLEASE, get your pathetic pushing stuff out of here

20. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...2763~532~510~3046&teams=14~14~10~10&te=&cash=

Rockets Trade
    Tmac 2 years 21 mil
    Luther Head 1 year 2 mil

Miami Trades
    Shawn Marion 1 year 18mil
    Chris Quinn 1 year 1 mil

Why we might do it is because we would get a back up back up point guard and get rid of tmac and his horrible contract

Why they might do this is Marion is only averaging 12 points 9 rebounds and they dont really need him as much as they need a passer like tmac to pass to beasley and wade.