1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

V-Tech Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sishir Chang, Apr 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Not everyhone is a sheep such as yourself.

2. Bandwagoner

My point is I think you would change your mind if you ever say the results first hand.

3. Bandwagoner

You you basically are with W. Bush in that you support all the current gun laws but you will not push for anything further.

4. ShakeYoHipsYao

This is exactly why people like you should never be allowed to own a gun. You would shoot somebody in the back for taking some of your stupid things? Are you serious?

5. ShakeYoHipsYao

Are you saying that the 12 million people who were murdered by the Nazi regime in the Holocaust are sheep? Like I said before, please stop using the Holocaust as an argument against gun control. It is disgusting, and you are losing any credibility you once had with me (and I suspect others as well).

6. ricky-retardo

ricky-retardo Contributing Member

Maybe you would act differently after someone put a gun to your head. It was about a little more then simple property at that point don't you think.

7. ShakeYoHipsYao

No, I don't think so. I would never shoot somebody in the back under those circumstances, and anybody who would, as far as I'm concerned, is nothing but a cold blooded murderer.

8. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

In this respect probably so. The only thing I can think of off of the top of my head is closing the gun show background check loophole.

9. Sishir Chang

Have you seen the victims of gunshots? I can't imagine that's a pretty sight either.

10. Sishir Chang

If it was easy we wouldn't have 36 pages of debate..

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a particularly nasty and I think somewhat famous book that is a compilation of photographs of various types of traumas for use in medical schools. At one point I had to look through in University. The things that really are disturbing as I remember it are blunt force traumas.

If the bullet doesn't exit, gunshot wounds actually can look not so bad. There is a relatively small entry wound and lots of bruising. Most of the damage is internal from the bullet expanding or tumbling once in passes the skin.

On the other hand, I suppose you also have your JFK cases where the whole head explodes. I don't think you can get anything like that with a knife.

12. Sishir Chang

I am going to have to look up to what the Serbs had but own recollection is that the reasons the Serbs were so successful is that they got hold of most of the Yugoslav military equipment and had the upper hand.

I'm familiar with Negroes with Guns but have you heard of the MOVE incident?

That was a black power group that had holed themselves up in Philadelphia with a whole variety of guns. The Philadelphia Police fearing a long and bloody siege dropped a bomb from a police helicopter and ended up burning down a couple of blocks of Philadelphia.

13. Bandwagoner

AWESOME. Lets talk about this "loophole".

14. Bandwagoner

For one person yes. Both people get hurt in knife fights.

15. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I had heard about it many years ago, but I had to read Wikipedia to refresh myself. If the entry is correct it sounds very much like a Waco or Ruby Ridge where the civilians with the guns were not looking for a way to avoid violence and were in 'end of the world' mode. I would never advocate anyone looking for a fight with the government. I've read and seen lots about Ruby Ridge and I think that Mr. Weaver was looking for a fight. If it is provable that guns induce people to act combatively - to look for a fight - then that is definitely a point against. I don't care for people who view their guns as tools to enforce their desires on otherse in everyday life.

I would describe this as similar to the way I advocate for the right of the KKK or the Aryan Nation to hold rallies without advocating the beliefs of the Aryan Nation or the KKK itself.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

would i shoot someone in the back who kicks in my door at 3:30 in the morning and holds me hostage in my own bed for 15 minutes with a ****ing gun to my head, telling me all the while how he is going to "waste me", while his partners steal everything of value out of my house?

everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

and as they lay dying on the pavement i would stomp on their heads with my bare feet till there was nothing left but a gooey-paste like moosh. and i would have a smile on my face the whole time.

try going thru what i went thru and knowing that they got away with it and get back to me. i have had alot of sleepless nights in the 8 years since that happened. i would love the chance to do it all over again - they wouldnt have gotten away with it.

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

hey, we are closing in on that rediculous "what song are you listening to right now" thread!

18. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

The whole gunshots and knife stabbings are similar is another lie pushed by the pro-gun folks....read below. Of course, the gun loving cowboys will just say this was pulled out of thin air and made up - and really in a conspiracy to take thier guns away from them

19. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Beyond your blanket derision this blog references the first real solid thing that I have read from you. I have trouble reconciling it with figures in England show an increase in knife murders concurrent with the decrease in gun murders. It doesn’t exactly prove the point that murder rates are tied to guns but it does provide secondary evidence in the form of higher fatality rates. The easy way to reconcile it is obviously not true (that more people were attempting murder). I will think on this and consider.

If you brought stuff to this like the table all the time, we could have a pretty good discussion.

20. ShakeYoHipsYao

Whatever you say, Dirty Harry. Murder is murder, and what you describe is murder.